Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Received a 6 month ban....

bmw66bmw66 Member UncommonPosts: 141
Received a 6 month ban........totally justified as I used a fishing bot.  Lets face it fishing is boring.  I didnt even use it for auction house purposes just for myself.

Im 2 months in and I can honestly say it's the best thing that ever happened.  It sucked at first but as it settled in I can honesty say I do not miss the grind and the game itself.  I will not be returning when it is lifted as well.  

Not that anyone really cares, but just wanted to share my experience with it.  Im glad it happened and I really dont miss it now.
laseritSBFordOctagon7711DarkpigeonGaladournHatefull[Deleted User]ceh430KalebGraysonRukushinand 2 others.

Comments

• OutaiOutai Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Weird ban length. I have purposefully got my accounts banned several times, and it has always been like 1-3 day ban once or twice and then permanent ban, or instant perma ban. I used either speed hack to do gathering or XYZ hack in Warsong Gulch to hide with the flag, that was quick way to get banned.
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Thanks for sharing. If you start using a bot in an online game consider the game dead. The journey of playing the game is everything that matters...not how much you win or lose. At the end of the day, as you can see....its just a game.
    [Deleted User]DarkpigeoncraftseekerBlaze_RockerdeniterrojoArcueid
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    bmw66 said:
    Received a 6 month ban........totally justified as I used a fishing bot.  Lets face it fishing is boring.  I didnt even use it for auction house purposes just for myself.

Im 2 months in and I can honestly say it's the best thing that ever happened.  It sucked at first but as it settled in I can honesty say I do not miss the grind and the game itself.  I will not be returning when it is lifted as well.  

Not that anyone really cares, but just wanted to share my experience with it.  Im glad it happened and I really dont miss it now.
    I think your the first one I've ever seen post "I received a six month ban and I deserved it"

Usually people whine about how they didn't deserve it ;)

Kudos to you 
    ScorchienOctagon7711SovrathDarkpigeonGaladournHatefullPhrycraftseekerGorwerojoArcueidand 3 others.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• bmw66bmw66 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    laserit said:

I think your the first one I've ever seen post "I received a six month ban and I deserved it"

Usually people whine about how they didn't deserve it ;)

Kudos to you 
    Well.........it is againts the rules and its stated so yeah I deserved it. 

6 months for a first time offense is a bit harsh but Im glad it was.
    laseritcraftseeker
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    If the fish/loot wasn't for the AH, then why were you doing it? Was it fun knowing the bot was out there fishing for you or something?

Kudos I guess for not using bots to ruin others game time/AH business and inflating time played maybe? idk...

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    During my time as Gamemaster I saw this countless of times:
    "Oh whatever your game sucks anyway that's why I did it and you did me a favor by catching me!"

Botter logic...
    [Deleted User]MightyUnclean
    Harbinger of Fools
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    edited December 2018
     I never understand why people bot in games so they dont have to play the game?  

I guess I just look at games differently.  

Also, Im glad you got banned. I wish more games were as efficient at getting rid of bots.  
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Outai said:
    Weird ban length. I have purposefully got my accounts banned several times, and it has always been like 1-3 day ban once or twice and then permanent ban, or instant perma ban. I used either speed hack to do gathering or XYZ hack in Warsong Gulch to hide with the flag, that was quick way to get banned.
    Why would anyone intentionally try to get accounts banned?

Weird.
    DakeruSovrath

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Gutlard said:
    If the fish/loot wasn't for the AH, then why were you doing it? Was it fun knowing the bot was out there fishing for you or something?

Kudos I guess for not using bots to ruin others game time/AH business and inflating time played maybe? idk...

Gut Out!
    I did it to kickstart my cooking and to level my fishing to max level.  Thats it.....not for AH profit. 

Like I said, Im not mad about it, I did it and I deserved the ban.......my main point, from my own perspective, was I now dont really miss playing WOW.  I will not be playing once the ban is lifted.  Problem is I cant even unsub until the ban is lifted since the account is suspended until April but all other aspects of the game have been removed from my laptop and PC. 

I was not a diehard player or hardcore anything. My main goal was LFR and that was it.  Played maybe 2 hrs a night if that.

This is not a bash towards the game, the developers or other players.... and to all who still play I hope you enjoy your time.  Its just one mans experience.
    Blaze_Rocker
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Well, we can all agree on their crafting systems needing more....everything.

It's fine even if you were bashing the game, IMO. I was just confused about the reasoning behind the botting, so thank you for explaining it.

If you hated the game so much you sacrificed animals in the hopes of its imminent demise, I'd still enjoy the game. :)

What I mostly see on the WoW forums is people either bashing the game or standing up for the game while both sides try to act like only their opinions matter or carry more weight than the other.

People like to be heard, and they need somewhere to complain since WoW took away the pole thing after cancelling subs, unless it's back now.

Sounds like your ban was a blessing in disguise, and I hope your sub doesn't keep going while your account is suspended?! That would be lame to have to keep paying with no way to stop it...ha

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'd say it does take some people to this extreme to quit something. Hope it works out in the future whatever you do.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I wish I had been banned before buying the last expansion. . I did get Legion free though and enjoyed that so I just tell myself the latest expansion was the free one.

Yeah sometimes we to be forced away from something to reset our view. . same for relationships with people. . glad you got banned! :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Gutlard said:
    hope your sub doesn't keep going while your account is suspended?! That would be lame to have to keep paying with no way to stop it...ha

Gut Out!
    No, the subscription charge is also suspended, so Im not getting charged.  
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Just checking bmw66 is OK; he got banned and is not ranting, starting multiple threads of complaint and trying to draw everyone in to how what has happened to him is sooo wrong. :)
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    A six month ban, good thing you only paid for one month, right?.... right?

Please don't tell me you paid for a 6 month subscription package as well.

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    bmw66 said:

I don't need a ban to not go back to that sorry company. I'm done with them too. You ain't missing anything, trust me.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    You'll be back.
    Scot
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    You'll be back.
    It's fine to come back. Nothing wrong with that.

The point is that breaks from most things is a healthy option. I've never been banned from a game but I learned to take breaks, and this became easier as I got older as I gained more self-control.

This is merely a lesson he learned, but the larger lesson is learning how to apply it to other areas in life. If he goes back, there is a decent chance he may approach the game differently and learn to enjoy the experience from a different point of view. Perspective is the construct of our individual reality.

You stay sassy!

You'll be back.
    Nope.....and its not because I was banned or have ill will towards the game or the GM's or whatever.  I just realized that not playing now for 2 months is that I dont really miss it. It was ok when I played but Im fine without it.

Im an avid golfer.......come April when my ban is lifted Ill be golfing not sitting behind my computer grinding gear that I missed out on for the last 6 months.  So in effect by the time summer/fall golf is over it will have been a full year.

To all who still play, great! I hope you enjoy your time as there is nothing wrong with that, but for me I realize I dont need it anymore.

Happy Holidays to all!
    bmw66 said:
    You'll be back.
    Nope.....and its not because I was banned or have ill will towards the game or the GM's or whatever.  I just realized that not playing now for 2 months is that I dont really miss it. It was ok when I played but Im fine without it.

Im an avid golfer.......come April when my ban is lifted Ill be golfing not sitting behind my computer grinding gear that I missed out on for the last 6 months.  So in effect by the time summer/fall golf is over it will have been a full year.

To all who still play, great! I hope you enjoy your time as there is nothing wrong with that, but for me I realize I dont need it anymore.

Happy Holidays to all!
    Hmm, you are a golfer eh? Hopefully not one of those folks who kicks the ball out of the rough when no one is looking. 

;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Kyleran said: Hopefully not one of those folks who kicks the ball out of the rough when no one is looking. 

;)
    Is that wrong?
    Scot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited December 2018
    Amathe said:
    Kyleran said: Hopefully not one of those folks who kicks the ball out of the rough when no one is looking. 

;)
    Is that wrong?
    Only if playing for money...which my father and his circle always did. 

Kyleran said:
    bmw66 said:
    You'll be back.

Happy Holidays to all!
    Hmm, you are a golfer eh? Hopefully not one of those folks who kicks the ball out of the rough when no one is looking. 

;)
    Umm........no.  Play to a 4 HC so Im not even in the rough that often. Besides it's not US Open rough anyway. 

As an update........I have been playing Kingdom Come - Deliverance which is actually pretty decent to pass the time.  Like a Skyrim type game.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    * Looks around suspiciously then taps the screen a few times *  Wait am I still in VR? Is this an alternate reality? A cheater admits he cheats deserves his ban and ppl  kudos him for admitting it? Where the hell am I this is not right. Something is very wrong here. 
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Glad you finally got free OP *OK hand sign*