Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Objective assessment on the state of Star Citizen and Pack recommendation

DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
I know there are many threads about Star Citizen on this site, but im looking for an objective assessment on the current state of Star Citizen without fanboism or hater bs. I wasnt following threads or news about SC this year, so if you playing / played the game in the last months, feel free to tell me how the game is progressing and your opinions on if it will ever be released and if it gonna be like they promised in the past.

Also i would like to know what u can do in the game right and what pack i should buy (if u can convince me to play it) and what value u get in the starter packs. I know there are some infos on the site, but its better to hear it from people who played the game.

Thanks in advance. And keep in mind to stay factual, thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Phaserlight

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    You must have just missed the free-fly week they had.  Just follow the boards and wait for the next one and try the game out yourself for free.  It's still the holidays so they may have another one soon.  If not, just wait for the next one, no need to hurry.
    Phaserlight

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    edited December 2018
    At this point the only objective advice I could offer for SC is, until it is being sold as a released game treat it like a charity case. Current 'target release date' is 2020 for the single player side. That would put it 9 years after development started and 6 years after original projected release date and they have started modifying system requirements based on current hardware trends, not providing any development structure to support increased hardware demands. To me that's a red flag but read in to those tea leaves what you will.
    Phaserlight
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2018
    "people who played the game" will be almost none of the posters around here, this forum is not known for neutral and objective SC discussions it's pretty battered with daily drama at that.

In any way there is no need for any words, Star Citizen offers free flights on a common enough basis, you should grab one of those, play the game at no cost and make your own opinion.

That's always the safest bet, you can even follow its development like that just by trying the newest free flight to check up on the status of things and decide if you want to buy, wait, etc...