Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Riot Games punished victims and support bullying for profits

katarnrulkatarnrul Member UncommonPosts: 51
Read the board below about how Riot Games, multi-millions profits organizations support bullying and ban permanently players' accounts that spend a lot of money on it so that they make a new one and spend again.

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited December 2018
    Whoever wrote that post is wrong about freedom of speech:

Freedom of speech gives you right to express yourself in public. It does not limit others from denying you that right in their game, their forum, their backyard, or other place or medium that is under their control.
    kitaradSBFordGruntyGorweMadFrenchieWenchesnmeadDakerujimmywolfHatefull

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    lol is banning anyone who is toxic and get reported, the dude there was toxic and get reported by his group, deserved, next
    SBFord
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2018
    OP is reaching when he accuses Riot of banning people so they have to make new accounts to repurchase, fairly certain they’d prefer banned people stay way, but if they come back their behavior will have improved.

One does not have a “right” to smack talk others in a game, and more importantly, even if others somehow get away with it in some fashion, there is no right to retaliate, much as true here.

I’m sure publically asking others to report someone is against the rules in many games, especially one which uses automated tools based on such reports to actually do it.

People often decry the EVE community as being one of the worst, but smack talk is kept to a minimum or is usually very light hearted.  Not because CCP will do much about it, far from it, they thrive on conflict, rather it is very risky to piss off the wrong gamers in EVE. The consequences range from endless stalking in game to having your entire alliance wrecked, your space taken, and your corporation disbanding due to the relentless pursuit.

Most major battles even between large, mortal enemies often end with the combatants typing in local, “good fight”, even when it wasn’t.

With all that said, even the Riot Code TOS acknowledges residents of the EU who are playing this game may have additional rights not given to others, so perhaps the original complaint has some sort for recourse, have to leave that up to the lawyers.

There also is a very specific complaint process spelled out on how to try and resolve any issues with Riot before it gets to the court stage, which I could not tell whether the aggrieved party had actually tried.

BTW, it was one of the more entertaining TOS documents I’ve ever read, pretty short and the tongue in cheek comments from their lawyers to entertain other lawyers (but are not binding in any legal way) are quite fun.

SBFordTyranusPrime

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    internet bullying boo boo cry me a river
    SBFordWalkinGlenn
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Vrika said:

Freedom of speech gives you right to express yourself in public. It does not limit others from denying you that right in their game, their forum, their backyard, or other place or medium that is under their control.
    99.9% of the people you find complaining their "freedom of speech" has been infringed have never actually learned what the 1st Amendment actually pertains to. It's amazing, really. I remember when we had to learn the Constitution in school in order to even graduate.
    Was actually an entire quarter of study in 10th grade civics as I recall, along with others important early documents such as the bill of rights, amendments and some others.  But remember, many from other parts of the world and freedom of speech isn’t so clearly defined nor fought over.
    [Deleted User]SBFordHatefull

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    But remember, many from other parts of the world and freedom of speech isn’t so clearly defined nor fought over.
    Because we don't have it. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    edited December 2018
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Vrika said:

99.9% of the people you find complaining their "freedom of speech" has been infringed have never actually learned what the 1st Amendment actually pertains to. It's amazing, really. I remember when we had to learn the Constitution in school in order to even graduate.
    I blame a lot of it on the school of thought that allows for "interpretation"(rather then written word) of the Constitution promoting a culture of ignorance.

also to be fair the OP is citing EU law being in the EU so the constitutional definition doesn't apply at all in the case anyway. FoS may well be defined differently from his home country.
    Kylerannewbismx
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Vrika said:

Although i agree with everything you wrote one has to wonder as our lives become more integrated with being constantly online as well as the role Social Media plays at what point does freedom of speech slowly erode away all together.  Point is, As our Online reputations slowly gain more importance over our RL one's will there be a "PUBLIC" space on the internet for Freedom of Speech ? 

Iv mentioned this before but ever hear of Chinese Social Credit system. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System  Scary stuff be careful what you wish for.

“What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.” 
    ― Salman Rushdie

Wenchesnmead
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• katarnrulkatarnrul Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Riot Games are the only company that permanently ban account where people have spent a lot of money over non-offensive or racist chat log.

If you want to get someone ban, get your friends and report a single person. Honor each other and there you get it.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Well it starts by bringing up the freedom of speech which tells me the guy in question is an idiot.

And now I will say something from my personal experience as previous Gamemaster:
    They cry, they scream, they rant.. but they are never innocent.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Haven't had any suspensions, chat mutes, or bans since "Riot put in the automated restriction system" which bans players for racist comments, and got rid of the Tribunal. Getting rid of the Unjust tribunal is by far the best thing they did, all kids would do is spam "Punish" for anything.

Though I still see a lot of toxic people in the game "Junglers Intentionally Feeding / Trolling Games".

Yesterday I had a person who wasn't even in the lane in a (Ranked Match) entire my lane, farm the entire game and cause the game to be lost just because they felt like trolling.

At other times junglers just run in and take XP / CS from allies and off-set the lane giving enemy advantage.

^ I report this stuff especially if they don't stop 1 reprot usually doesn't do it but if more than one over a series of games reports it they get punished.

The general key is to type /mute all, you can tell them your muting everyone, and then do it so they don't keep trying to talk to you or ping in the game it's quite helpful at avoiding bans, and or even just leave unmuted and wait for them to type anything toxic then report.

Asking for reports under the rules is also harassment so it gets you into trouble too.
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    you can't ban a person if you play as 5 and all of you report that person if that person did nothing wrong...because i was reported soo many times by premades, enemy or not and not even a single ban or restriction in like 8 years? Just don't be toxic, don't give up games intentionally and you're fine...only ban i got is perma when i bought account with all champs ^^
    Kyleran
    Renoaku said:
    Haven't had any suspensions, chat mutes, or bans since "Riot put in the automated restriction system" which bans players for racist comments, and got rid of the Tribunal. Getting rid of the Unjust tribunal is by far the best thing they did, all kids would do is spam "Punish" for anything.

Though I still see a lot of toxic people in the game "Junglers Intentionally Feeding / Trolling Games".

Yesterday I had a person who wasn't even in the lane in a (Ranked Match) entire my lane, farm the entire game and cause the game to be lost just because they felt like trolling.

At other times junglers just run in and take XP / CS from allies and off-set the lane giving enemy advantage.

^ I report this stuff especially if they don't stop 1 reprot usually doesn't do it but if more than one over a series of games reports it they get punished.

The general key is to type /mute all, you can tell them your muting everyone, and then do it so they don't keep trying to talk to you or ping in the game it's quite helpful at avoiding bans, and or even just leave unmuted and wait for them to type anything toxic then report.

Asking for reports under the rules is also harassment so it gets you into trouble too.
    I figure if even you have no problems with being banned from a game then the "problem" can't be as serious as being reported.

;)

BTW, you LOL players sure use a lot of terms I have no concept what they mean.

Entire my lane, junglers, tribunal, off-set the lane, MOBAs are just weird to me.

:| 

kertin said:
    you can't ban a person if you play as 5 and all of you report that person if that person did nothing wrong...because i was reported soo many times by premades, enemy or not and not even a single ban or restriction in like 8 years? Just don't be toxic, don't give up games intentionally and you're fine...only ban i got is perma when i bought account with all champs ^^
    I find generally when people claim they are not being toxic, they actually are but later claim the "they started it first" or "they also did it" defenses.

Rare is the day a perfectly well mannered player will find themselves chat or otherwise banned, and certainly not high paying customers.

If anything I've read game companies sometimes give too much leeway to their bigger spenders but that actually makes some sense, not a good practice to ban your money making customers,  and certainly not assuming they'll stay with the game afterwards. 

This discussion has been closed.