Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally a new real "Battle Royale"

Played for a couple of hours today, the game experience was totally different than PUBG, Fornite, or COD Black OPS, which I totally did not like due to too much locked content, time limits, and spending so much time trying to unlock everything or swipe your Credit Card.

Though the Launcher is buggy, and servers overloaded the game-play was pretty great  Could be the next big "Battle Royale".

The only down sides so far.

- Game needs a better Intro when dropping from the gryphons.
- Flora needs graphical improvenets its pretty good for a Battle Royale just not as colorful as it should be.
- Customization of Characters (still in early alpha but expect something at least like PUBG (On Release or better.)
- A way to link Battle Royal Rewards to the actual game and tie-in game-play.

- Easy Anti Cheat,
Something the comapny did not inform consumers who actually backed the game on KickStarter perhaps they did say something though it was not on the store listing or information.

- This could cause problems on high end systems that run "keyboard, Mouse, and Macro Programs, as well as heavy loads such as Virtual Machines, and Multi-Boxing games such as "Black Desert" while playing a game running "EAC".

Personally I've not been kicked from any games using EAC yet for running my setup though my concern is that could change with this game, and it really sucks when you have a i7 with many threads, or next year and i9, and only playing a single game.

Though it's worth noting I ran 3 games "Warframe" "Black Desert" "EVE Online", and loaded the Battle Royale game and still got 100+ FPS in the game without any lag so for early alpha / beta its clearly optimized pretty well.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    OP i think you are more pointing at scummy dev ideas to instill a cash shop more than the actual game which is a Battle Royale.
    I like having fun in a shooter but imo BR games are a huge downgrade from an arena shooter.They do NOTHING better so i could simply not enjoy this at all.I still play UT99 because i feel it is the best shooter ever made,better maps,versatile weapons,huge strategy and sounds play a very big factor.
    BR's are like stand out behind some tree or rock,exchange gunfire,get hit ,take a med rinse repeat.You should have to EARN your meds,there can be hotspots to run to meds but again the super large design does not bode well for that,so yeah again a downgrade for pvp shooter.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I doubt we will ever see another UT99 because every single developer wants to run a cash shop,so they are going to try and sell HEROES or gear/items or seasons passes,everything modern is a blemish  on what gaming should stand for,plain simple FUN and not $$$$.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    PUBG got greedy with the Cash Shop, I think AOC will if they do a cash shop just do a season pass, but not where you have to spend over $500 to get a costume piece like you had to in PUBG before changes.
  • StrathdorStrathdor Member UncommonPosts: 82
    I'm not impressed at all by it and seems more like a bait and switch strategy because the actual MMORPG aspect of the game isn't doing so great and there running into more issues trying to implement promised features and are running low on money to the point there investors probably said you need to release something to bring in some money and here it is something to make the investors happy in the mean time.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Whew. Go a little easier on the salt guys. I get that many aren't happy with this decision, but at the end of the day I think it's a better thing if they can pull off a good BR than if they delivered a POS.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon