Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ATLAS Extended Length Gameplay Trailer to Help Ease the 2-Day Delay - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageATLAS Extended Length Gameplay Trailer to Help Ease the 2-Day Delay - MMORPG.com

Atlas devs have sent out an extended gameplay trailer in what appears to be an effort to mitigate the 2-day delay for the start of Steam Early Access. The announcement of the delay and the gameplay trailer came out about 30-minutes after the game was to have launched and the community is none too happy. The video is being down-voted with vigor.

Read the full story here

Comments

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited December 2018
    Here as well as a fair Warning:

That backfired a LOT. They had roughly ~200K Viewers on Twitch at the Point the Timer ran out.
    LOL :D

If i would be a CEO, i would fire that Marketing Guy in an instant after that DISASTER!
    So what went on in Ark continues here as well.
    I laughed so hard here...so hard.
    On Top of it, there was no News Update (Twitter alikes) for nearly 30 mins when everyone was waiting on the Steam Page and clicked "refresh". :D
    When you see "Studio Wildcard" a BIG Red Lamp / Flag shall warn everyone.
    malikhigh1978Bcuda
  • genova2809genova2809 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    they killd theyr own game befor early acces JJ BOIIIIS !!!!!
    malikhigh1978
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Since you can't play the game....here.....have more footage of the game you can't play.
    smh
    malikhigh1978JeffSpicoliinfomatz[Deleted User]
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • malikhigh1978malikhigh1978 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Yep, they should have just launched, and let the chips fall. People are hungry for something good.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    They should have just delayed til January rather than release this close to holiday weekend. Hope their poor employees dont have to work over christmas weekend.
    JeffSpicoliTokken[Deleted User]GinazinfomatzGentrifried_Chickentweedledumb99gastovski1
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Viper482 said:

Since you can't play the game....here.....have more footage of the game you can't play.

smh

Naw that footage was already planned, and they were late with it as well lol. It was supposed to hit well before game launch day. Actually if you look at that way they are right on time with it haha.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Nyctelios said:
    While the concept is really amazing the animations looks really bad.

I'm waiting the launch to see if it's worth.

Now, about the delay: People are excited over EA launch? For real? We are that desperate?!
    Its unfortunate that PotBS didnt get a sequel with updated graphics and melee/gun combat mechanics.
    Ilaya[Deleted User]3domgastovski1
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    LMAO for ALL the rage and tantrums they wont lose a single sale. Its actually good publicity. Because any publicity is good publicity. 

Anyone with a brain knew they couldnt release it when they said they would. I have been on record since they first announced this is was going to be ARK 2.0 (if even that 'good').

It just shows how so many people are willing to latch on to ANYTHING that looks even remotely decent. I mean every big announcement of an MMO that has come out in the past 3-4 years has been received like its going to be the best thing ever. Difference with this one is it was supposedly ready to go when they announced it. None of the kickstarter and then trying to milk money from people for years nonsense.

But its WIldcard and people who were around for the first few months of ARK (and really current condition) know how they do things. I think they are even using how they misrepresented things in ARK as reason why theyre being so 'up front' now with ATLAS. LMAO yeah right because its NOT going to be delayed again on Friday either....
    Strizzy12zigalucardViper482
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited December 2018
    They still suffer from the Ark Mistake, that is no communication.

I mean I understand how they work, they are always pushing to the very last minute, pushing builds, testing builds, until a release candidate is deemed stable enough, but then in development a single issue fix can take way more than a day to fix even with core focus on it... So they don't have any buffer or margin to even communicate a delay beforehand.

What they needed to do is to make clear the dates are not solid and are just estimates with the likeness of change when/if further issues arise.

Because the lead dev on Discord implies just that, Friday itself is one superficial estimate that isn't guaranteed, aka another drama to happen if missed, that needs to be thrown out there not just in discord chats.
    [Deleted User]
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    2:36 - that will be me on the raft. .. glad they added dwarves. my expectations are low. . I would pay $30 for Ark - Pirates evolved.
    RexKushmanNintendad

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Ummmmmm..... Extended or not, that is not a game play video!!!
    Not a single frame of actual game play!
    MikehaEpicJohnsonNintendad
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    So much worse than just delaying further all at once. Waiting till 2 hours after the "launch time" to delay via twitter, it doesn't get any lower or more embarrassing.
    Ilaya
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Somebody should start calling out these so called Early access games asking FULL price as well ask them WHY this is called Early access.They should then be able to produce a roadmap of unfinished work,what we can expect to be added for FREE,i mean since this is suppose to be EARLY access.

Simply using the EA tag to avoid criticism for bugs does not cut it,so ask them for this roadmap of unfinished work we can EXPECT to see?

BTW did anyone notice the horse jumping onto the other ship,that did not look realistic.
    The animation work looks VERY unpolished...STIFF as a board.The crafting animation looks like a puppet.

How did it go from a game play trailer into what looked like a Wargaming ad at the end lol.Tanks seriously?AN Airship would be cool but i doubt you'll be seeing any of those.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Asheram said:
    They should have just delayed til January rather than release this close to holiday weekend. Hope their poor employees dont have to work over christmas weekend.
    If they make their employees work over Christmas to launch before the new year...I really don't think I'll have any interest in this anymore.  The developers of Warframe, Digital Extremes, said they weren't going to make their employees work over Christmas to bug fix the latest content drop, which was released yesterday.  It's quite a large update, too, with a lot of stuff still to be worked out.
    Asheram

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

Asheram said:

Or they can be grateful they don't work at Daybreak and have a job still this holiday weekend. An epic shit ton of people work on all holidays, I'm sick of people complaining for others about them being able to make money.
    That's mostly because they have to, not because they want to.  The type of corporate culture that demands employees work 24/7-365 needs to die ASAP.  I'm in the military and off for three weeks.  Even the army knows people need a break sometimes.
    AsheramAlomar

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Rhoklaw said:
    ATLAS is not just about pirate booty and dragons, oh no. You can punch a siren in the face as she tries to drown you.
    wasn't that a mermaid?
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708

Ilaya said:

Here as well as a fair Warning:

That backfired a LOT. They had roughly ~200K Viewers on Twitch at the Point the Timer ran out.

LOL :D

If i would be a CEO, i would fire that Marketing Guy in an instant after that DISASTER!

So what went on in Ark continues here as well.

I laughed so hard here...so hard.

On Top of it, there was no News Update (Twitter alikes) for nearly 30 mins when everyone was waiting on the Steam Page and clicked "refresh". :D

When you see "Studio Wildcard" a BIG Red Lamp / Flag shall warn everyone.

It's a "DISASTER" that they decided to hold back their EARLY ACCESS TITLE from release? Wow... Have players expectations really gotten as low as this? It was first fully released AAA titles that would get blasted for delays but now its early access titles, titles that are in early development and years away from actual official release getting blasted for pushing back their launch less than 2 days.

Jesus christ, it's a sad time to be a gamer these days. Early access games getting put on the burner for delaying their early access launch, Lol. So sad.
    EggonomiconDjynnjago
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Atlas, because when it comes to Christmas there is always some joker out there trying to shove coal in your christmas stocking! :p
    d_20Asheram
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Heads up today is Steams seasonal wishlist game sale so all wishlisted games (with price tag) in steam will have least 40% discount today at 1 pm EST :)
  • ShinobeShinobe Member UncommonPosts: 91
    edited December 2018
    If they dont delay and the game is buggy the community rages.
    When they delay to make the game better the community rages.

I agree with the shitty communication, but handling the communities novadays is like playing pot hitting in a minefield.
    ConstantineMeruscraftseekerEggonomicon
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Jokers. Doesn't look good to keep pushing back release dates. It looks incompetent. 

I'm not saying they have to rush to release. Just release when it's ready. When you know it's going to be ready, announce a date. Whatever happened to that?
    Phrycraftseeker

• jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited December 2018

d_20 said:

Jokers. Doesn't look good to keep pushing back release dates. It looks incompetent. 

I'm not saying they have to rush to release. Just release when it's ready. When you know it's going to be ready, announce a date. Whatever happened to that?

Delaying early access launch by month is understandable, everyone pretty much knew there will be another delay because 6 days never is enough to fix stuff. This tell that it is rushed bugfest.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,821
    Its a two day delay, not two months, but hey let the outrage and tears flow.
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    The footage was all one clip taken before hand. They shown us half of the footage intitially then screenshots of that same footage then we finally got 30 seconds of actual new footage. We all can be assured the game won't launch on the 21st that is way too close to christmas.

MurderHerd

• KimahriKimahri Member UncommonPosts: 61
    That countdown was for trailer extended :)
    Asheram