Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Half Way & I Don't Want It to End! - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageHalf Way & I Don't Want It to End! - MMORPG.com

Forty-eight percent. That's how far I am in Red Dead Redemption 2 and yet it feels like there's so much more game that I have yet to discover, some might even say fifty-two percent more... I've just begun to play with the skill challenges. In Read Dead, I don't mind them. In fact, they are a nice simple reprieve from the storyline content and fit well into the random stuff gameplay rotation I adore.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Nice article Tim. I rarely fanboy over any game lately but RDR2 is something special. I went in expecting another comical rockstar romp where i would kill a hour here and there just causing as much mayhem until i got bored., you know the usual rockstar affair. But what RDR2 turned out to be was something i never expected, its almost like Rockstar grew up in a sense.Metaphorically speaking If RDR1 and all the GTA's before this were made by a talented , 20 something with a cynical & comical approach on the world then RDR2 would be made by that same young man many years later. Just a bit more mature and wiser.
    [Deleted User]infomatzConstantineMeruslaserit[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    edited December 2018
    Are the Reverend Swanson's middle names Mary Sue? Once this is out on the PC will get it for sure, good to see it is doing so well on lesser platforms. :)
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711pappacubeKyleranSamhaelinfomatz
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I'm the opposite with this game I can't wait to get to the next mission to see what goes horribly wrong. Sometimes I'll stop to smell the flowers and go fishing wherever the scenere looks the best.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

Are the Reverend Swanson's middle names Mary Sue? Once this is out on the PC will get it for sure, good to see it is doing so well on lesser platforms. :)

Now now, we shouldn't insult those that suffer from a gaming disability and I'm sure many console loyalists grow up and become PC Master Race, once they mature and level up their IQ's...substantially. Not that I'm bias or anything...but everyone should be! MODS are life! #PCMASTERRACE4LIFE

mods are for pussies who cant play the real game
    bartoni33[Deleted User]Kyleraninfomatz
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So happens watching a streamer,idk if because she talks like me lmao or i just like how she is so honest and talks a lot about the game and seems to understand game design more than most people.

BUGS
    lack of content
    micro transactions
    Single player is ok but no immersion online.
    This streamer CALI has played the game since the first day and says it was pretty much unplayable the first week.

HER POINT ,i also share,you DO NOT start spamming micro transactions BEFORE fixing the game.

This sounds like every other developer now a days,NOBODY is learning a single thing,the devs just keep doing it.$7 million in sales the first week,that is a LOT of people BLINDLY buying a half baked release.So we can thank all those people for letting devs know they can keep releasing buggy crap lacking in content.
    bartoni33rertez

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Moxom914 said:

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

Now now, we shouldn't insult those that suffer from a gaming disability and I'm sure many console loyalists grow up and become PC Master Race, once they mature and level up their IQ's...substantially. Not that I'm bias or anything...but everyone should be! MODS are life! #PCMASTERRACE4LIFE

How does that explain the mods that increase difficulty? ;)
    bartoni33[Deleted User]KyleranPhrymazut

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Wizardry said:

So happens watching a streamer,idk if because she talks like me lmao or i just like how she is so honest and talks a lot about the game and seems to understand game design more than most people.

BUGS

lack of content

micro transactions

Single player is ok but no immersion online.

This streamer CALI has played the game since the first day and says it was pretty much unplayable the first week.

HER POINT ,i also share,you DO NOT start spamming micro transactions BEFORE fixing the game.

This sounds like every other developer now a days,NOBODY is learning a single thing,the devs just keep doing it.$7 million in sales the first week,that is a LOT of people BLINDLY buying a half baked release.So we can thank all those people for letting devs know they can keep releasing buggy crap lacking in content.

I think you meant to post this on the Fallout76 forum.
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]KyleraninfomatzPhryTacticalZombeh

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Moxom914 said:

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

most dont use mods to increase difficulty. WoW is a perfect example. cant raid without em. cant play without em. hell, most groups require them. i was one. a PC elitist. "consoles are inferior". then i got my head out of my ass. now i just play for fun. screw mods. PC games are always getting hacked. cheaters everywhere. ive all but stopped MMO's. still follow em in case something comes out worth playing. to those that use mods to make the game harder, cudos. the other 99% are pussies.
    [Deleted User]
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Moxom914 said:

Moxom914 said:

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

most dont use mods to increase difficulty. WoW is a perfect example. cant raid without em. cant play without em. hell, most groups require them. i was one. a PC elitist. "consoles are inferior". then i got my head out of my ass. now i just play for fun. screw mods. PC games are always getting hacked. cheaters everywhere. ive all but stopped MMO's. still follow em in case something comes out worth playing. to those that use mods to make the game harder, cudos. the other 99% are pussies.
    I mean, in general, mods, to any game, are a fucking awesome idea. In fact, mods as a concept are factually awesome and your opinion is factually wrong.
    Moxom914Octagon7711bartoni33ScotPhry
    edited December 2018

Moxom914 said:

Moxom914 said:

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

I mean, in general, mods, to any game, are a fucking awesome idea. In fact, mods as a concept are factually awesome and your opinion is factually wrong.

and you are part of the 99% i spoke of. factually speaking of course
    Kyleraninfomatz
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Mods can add additional content and quests to RPGs and allow you to tune the game to your own playstyle.  In Skyrim I have a day walker wolf/vamp hybrid that can shapeshift into different animals, something I've always wanted to play.  Skyrim, STO, and Neverwinter have some very good player created quests, some of which are just as good as the games regular quests. 
    bartoni33

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Moxom914 said:

Moxom914 said:

Moxom914 said:

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

and you are part of the 99% i spoke of. factually speaking of course
    Actually, no. I'm not a huge pussy. I'm a double plus huge pussy X 1,000.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    Moxom914 said:

Moxom914 said:

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

While that may be true, most don't increase difficulty period.  They play on normal or below for singleplayer games.  That doesn't seem indicative of any modding trends.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    I'll probably wait for the PC version. I really can't move, aim and shoot with a controller. Like at all. I've never been able to do it. First time I remember trying was with the Rogue Squadron game for the (then) new Game Cube. It was the main reason I purchased it since I loved the previous RS games for the previous Nintendo systems. The Game Cube version, however, featured ground portions instead of just flying around in ships. I never finished it because I found it so frustrating. Probably one of the biggest disappointments I've experienced ever in all my years of gaming.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Ginaz said:

I'll probably wait for the PC version. I really can't move, aim and shoot with a controller. Like at all. I've never been able to do it. First time I remember trying was with the Rogue Squadron game for the (then) new Game Cube. It was the main reason I purchased it since I loved the previous RS games for the previous Nintendo systems. The Game Cube version, however, featured ground portions instead of just flying around in ships. I never finished it because I found it so frustrating. Probably one of the biggest disappointments I've experienced ever in all my years of gaming.

Aiming in this game doesn't work like others you right click the back trigger and it auto locks sounds easy but the trick is catching the perfect shot as the AI ducks in and out of cover. Its a fun easy system. Everything about RDR2 feels intentionally slow, laid back and relaxing.

With that said there is quite a bit of button juggling and finger dexterity when it comes to looking through your menu's and executing certain actions. A bit of muscle memory.
    bartoni33infomatz[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JasonosJasonos Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I could agree more with article, i have about 250 hour played and "only" 51% of main story completed...
    I doing everything to not finish this game, first time in my life, im playing game and dont want to finish it...
    I know it sound ridiculous but im so afraid that i will finish main story eventually...
    [Deleted User]
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2018
    A friendly reminder you have til the 20th which is tomorrow to at least log into Red Dead Online to claim your 15 gold bar reward and $100 cash if bought special edition $1000 for ultimate edition and $100 to all who preordered.

And I am going to shamelessly leave this here:

p.s. one bloody movie for 1969 

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

People with high IQ's wouldn't limit themselves to one platform. There are advantages to all of them. I switched to console primary because I don't have the cash to keep up with the PC 'arms race' in terms of technology, nor do I want to spend my time fiddling with settings, .ini files, resolving software conflicts & crashes, and that sort of stuff. I'm too tired to deal with that crap at this point. When I was younger and had the free time I actually enjoyed it. Now when I get home I just want to play the damned game, and don't really care if a high end PC gets 4FPS more while looking .07% better in screenshots.

Honestly, if the next console generation supports keyboard and mouse controls, I'll probably never bother buying games on PC again. For me, control scheme and mods are the only real advantages PC gaming offers.
    [Deleted User]

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    RDR2 is an awesome single player game, not wanting it to end is hardly surprising, if only the multiplayer part of the game was half as good.
    Sadly it seems that the game is following the same path as GTA V, great single player game with a horrendous multiplayer add on that drags the game into the literal gutter.
    Better to ignore the multiplayer part and just mod the base game for more functionality/fun. :/
    [Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    Ginaz said:
    I have only ever used a PC, years back was around a girl friends house who had a kid (a tricky situation that I would advise anyone to think about seriously before embarking on). He was a big gaming fan, so I said sure lets play some games. He. Had. A. Console.

Laura Croft was all over the place, like a drunk who could not even work out which way she was supposed to go. And shooting on target? Forget it. I explained I only use keyboard and mouse and let him show me how it should be played. :)
    kitarad[Deleted User]
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    This is the feeling a good game can evoke. Far too rare. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have felt it.
    [Deleted User]

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited December 2018

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

People with high IQ's wouldn't limit themselves to one platform. There are advantages to all of them. I switched to console primary because I don't have the cash to keep up with the PC 'arms race' in terms of technology, nor do I want to spend my time fiddling with settings, .ini files, resolving software conflicts & crashes, and that sort of stuff. I'm too tired to deal with that crap at this point. When I was younger and had the free time I actually enjoyed it. Now when I get home I just want to play the damned game, and don't really care if a high end PC gets 4FPS more while looking .07% better in screenshots.

Honestly, if the next console generation supports keyboard and mouse controls, I'll probably never bother buying games on PC again. For me, control scheme and mods are the only real advantages PC gaming offers.
    The consoles already support keyboard and mice, they have for over a decade. It's the games/software that don't 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    laserit said:

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

The consoles already support keyboard and mice, they have for over a decade. It's the games/software that doesn't
    I have tried those finagle things that let you use a mouse and keyboard on the console and it is never as good as a game on the PC using controls designed properly for the keyboard and mouse. Most ports well actually all ports are lousy if you try to play with a mouse and keyboard and you have to keep telling yourself at least I can play this game on the PC and convince yourself that it's okay. It sucks to be honest.
    laserit

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    kitarad said:
    laserit said:

TimEisen said:

Scot said:

The consoles already support keyboard and mice, they have for over a decade. It's the games/software that doesn't
    I have tried those finagle things that let you use a mouse and keyboard on the console and it is never as good as a game on the PC using controls designed properly for the keyboard and mouse. Most ports well actually all ports are lousy if you try to play with a mouse and keyboard and you have to keep telling yourself at least I can play this game on the PC and convince yourself that it's okay. It sucks to be honest.
    It's all in the software, It's not the hardware.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee