Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak Announces Lifetime All Access Membership for $299.99 - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDaybreak Announces Lifetime All Access Membership for $299.99 - MMORPG.com News

Daybreak Games has laid out all of the details about holiday deals across its stable of games including EverQuest, EverQuest 2, DC Universe Online and others. In addition, folks can purchase a lifetime All Access Membership for $299.99 or a year's worth of All Access Membership for $199.99 that includes some bonus items in several games.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

JeroKane

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    OG_Zorvan said:
    No fair, I already made a thread on it. You're stealing my thunder Suzie! :D
    Didn't see it, but link it!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    OG_Zorvan said:
    SBFord said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    No fair, I already made a thread on it. You're stealing my thunder Suzie! :D
    Didn't see it, but link it!
    Okay, but you know i'm a bit snarky in it, as per usual. lol

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7419921/
    I'll put it into the article as well. :)
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,956
    edited December 2018
    Hahahaha..... ok. I didn't see that one coming.

One last muscle spasm by Daybreak trying to cash in? 

The situation they are in right now..... I would think twice buying any of these packages.

And as always. Make sure you read the small letters in the bottom:
    Daybreak does not ensure continuous or error-free access, use or availability of any game content, feature, gameplay, or server and may change, modify, disable, suspend or remove any such content, feature, gameplay or server at its sole discretion.
    [Deleted User]sschruppGamePlay4URemyVorenderinfomatzjimmywolfNildenThaharGorweVigor021and 6 others.
  • MmoFan2012MmoFan2012 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    i started playing EQ with Kunark in 2000 (19 of the 20 years).

this offer is for All-Access Lifetime and they make clear any or all games could drop from All Access at anytime. other MMOs such at STO LifeTime gives you retro veteran rewards from launch with a lifetime purchase (and goes on sale for $200 every year). since DBG has made this All Access LifeTime, the retroactive veterans rewards does not apply.

so why buy a LifeTime of a service and not an MMO?? got me. you don't break even for 2.5 years at the current 1 year sub deal. seems like a gamble that any one of the games will be in all access for the next 3+ years.

infomatzThupliMrMelGibsonnecrolock
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    This will keep them afloat for a while, but long term it was cause more issues than the Lotro life time membership did as it is for a raft of games.
    SovrathGorweMrMelGibson
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812
    edited December 2018
    Lifetime subscriptions are never a good sign. Considering they're usually only attached to short-lived titles (like Hellgate London) and swiftly f2p/b2p titles (like The Secret World), lifetime subs are only ever an indication that the developer lacks confidence in the longevity of their game.

Now take that and spread it over an entire company and you have this abortion of an idea.
    Nildenaummoidnecrolock
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    So $299.99 one year sub?  Is this essentially what we're talking about? :D 
    GamePlay4Uinfomatzceh430NildenXarkoThaharOctagon7711MrMelGibson

• StryckerStrycker Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Daybreak is going down the drain, you'd be taking a major gamble by getting this.
    gervaise1TacticalZombeh
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
     I bought a lifetime sub for LOTRO about a decade ago at this point and never regretted.  

sschruppOctagon7711Darkpigeon
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Is this not predatory by the company to offer lifetime access when their finances are in dire straits? Buyer beware I guess...
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    This is the last ditch effort to make the money of these games before they shut down.  
    d_20
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    nastilon said:
    Is this not predatory by the company to offer lifetime access when their finances are in dire straits? Buyer beware I guess...
    "Predatory" in this industry requires a much higher bar than most others for....  Reasons.
    [Deleted User]

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    flizzer said:
     I bought a lifetime sub for LOTRO about a decade ago at this point and never regretted.  

I bought a lifetime membership for LoTR too.

I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048
    Last grasp ahh I mean gasp... well if you are offering lifetime membership when one is not exactly sure how long that might be... it could be months (I am being optimistic). This reminds me of Turbine selling an expansion to a game they shut down two months later. I wouldn't trust Daybreak even as far as I could throw them.

Copy pasted what I wrote on a similar thread. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Definitely smells like a desperate last minute grab. Watch them do this then go out of business in a couple of months. Whoops! No refunds, folks.
    Lokeronecrolock
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    If you want to throw away $300, try the stock market.
    [Deleted User]d_20

Joined - July 2004

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I bought (two) lifetime subs to Lotro back BEFORE it released. I havent played the game for more than an hour in probably 2+ years still the best money I ever spent.

Offering lifetime passes to games decade + isnt.

Now one could say that EQ2 with all the expansions and stuff maybe.  But not sure if that is included or not. I didnt read the fine print. DO you have access to everything or just stuff you bought?

Either way it is definitely a desperation move mostly because these guys have been in the 'news' more in the past 5 days than the past 5 years.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Hmmm, One last Money Grab before they call it quits? No thanks.
    jimmywolfLokeroNildennecrolockceh430

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    daybreak is heading towards asset liquidation next year dont buy

so say we all

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    edited December 2018
    Seriously who do they think is stupid enough to buy this ? 

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Wauww

• AurorikinAurorikin Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I've never been more sure of Daybreak imminent demise.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Sincrely,
    Daybreak
    [Deleted User]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    not sure about this one. sounds like a blizzard trick where people bought that yearly boost and now hots is on maintenance mode. I do not trust this at all.
  • aummoidaummoid Member UncommonPosts: 82
    A lifetime, all-access pass! Limited supply! Get them before we're gone!

THEY'RE! I meant "get them before THEY'RE gone"! Alexa, don't post that first version, OK?
    [Deleted User]laseritsschruppGremeTacticalZombehceh430