Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak Games now selling Lifetime memberships for All Access.

OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,948
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/daybreak-winter-extravaganza-december-18-31.587894/

Of course, we all know "limited time" and "limited quantities" really translates to "Anyone willing to actually buy this".

Personally, I smell desperation, and expect most of their games will be going into "maintenance mode", or flat out closing down,  soon after this has been milked. So, as is always the case with D-BaG, buyers beware.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

Lokerodelete5230Paxim1755

Comments

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,804
    When The Secret World was coming out I got a lifetime subscription.  I mention that because there are people who probably thought that was a bad idea.  However, in that case I have played the game over the years to get more than I paid for (in my opinion).

That said... at this point I can't see a reason anyone would pay $300 (It did say $299.99 right?) for a lifetime subscription to All Access.  There doesn't seem to be any actual new games coming... of the games that might be on the way... they all seem to be more like Planetside Arena.  In other words just a small version of something that already exists and thus not new.

I mean if this had been a thing when SOE first started All Access... it probably would have been a good deal.  Why would anyone pay for this now?
    OG_ZorvanPhry
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602
    $300 for lifetime access to games which have been out for a lifetime.......seems fair.

Guess they need development money for EQ3 or Christmas bonuses ala Sears execs.

OG_Zorvan
  • MmoFan2012MmoFan2012 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    i started playing EQ with Kunark in 2000 (19 of the 20 years). 

this offer is for All-Access Lifetime and they make clear any or all games could drop from All Access at anytime. other MMOs such at STO LifeTime gives you retro veteran rewards from launch with a lifetime purchase (and goes on sale for $200 every year). since DBG has made this All Access LifeTime, the retroactive veterans rewards does not apply. 

so why buy a LifeTime of a service and not an MMO?? got me. you don't break even for 2.5 years at the current 1 year sub deal. seems like a gamble that any one of the games will be in all access for the next 3+ years. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,848
    Clearly swinging wildly for the fence.
    OG_Zorvanparrotpholk

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WargfootYVWargfootYV Member UncommonPosts: 261
    I bought both the LOTRO and Secret World $200.00 lifetime memberships back in the day.
    I felt that was money well spent.

I'd be concerned about games being dropped from the access list - that caveat would kill it for me.
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,491
    Last grasp ahh I mean gasp... well if you are offering lifetime membership when one is not exactly sure how long that might be... it could be months (I am being optimistic). This reminds me of Turbine selling an expansion to a game they shut down two months later. I wouldn't trust Daybreak even as far as I could throw them.
    LokeroOG_Zorvankitarad
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Antarious said:
    When The Secret World was coming out I got a lifetime subscription. 
    If you played the game for any extended period of time, you def got something for that investment even after the transition of the business model.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,200
    I agree with the general consensus here. The deal would've been great 10-15 years ago. But now, not so much.
    Amathe
    --------------------------------------------
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 6,365
    This will be your lifetime membership. For so long as the grass grows, the river flows, and the wind blows. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,075
    Bad idea to buy anything from Theybreak, and even less a lifetime membership... the life of your favorite game may be shorter than you expect.
    KyleranMadFrenchie
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,486
    Heartbreak of Everquest never gives something for nothing.  Expect to get at most the value of what you paid.
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 754
    If it was 199, I might have been tempted since I play the progression servers often. Or even 5 years ago would have been worth it, but now, especially after they laid off 70 people recently, just too risky.