Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of MMORPG graphic do you prefer?

13»

Comments

• LadyAugustLadyAugust Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I care more about gameplay than graphics, but I am very tired of anime looking games.  That's a 100% guarantee that I won't play whatever it is.
    kjempff
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    jazz.be said:
    Do you consider smoothness of Character movement and animations as part of graphics?
    If yes, top notch
    If not, just general good graphics. The smoothness is much more important to me.
    That's where I do not bother so much, players go on about animations and all I care about is does the backgrounds and characters in repose look good. The only time animations concern me is if running or riding look wrong somehow.
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Always gameplay over graphics.
    In fact high end graphics have in every case I know stood in the way of good gameplay, depth and longevity...and that makes sense, because it is a heavy expense that is not going into creating the actual game, and it is also an expense growing linear with complexity and amount of content.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    jazz.be said:
    Do you consider smoothness of Character movement and animations as part of graphics?
    If yes, top notch
    If not, just general good graphics. The smoothness is much more important to me.
    If the animations aren't smooth it just looks too jarring and does detract from the visuals, so yes it is equally important if not absolutely integral imo. WoW, Eve Online and BDO have that in common, smooth animations and each for their particular type, is top notch.  ;)
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Graphics are a huge part of visual games. This is a must. If the graphics come up short, the game feels crude and unfinished. 

Just the way of things.
    [Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Ungood said:
    Graphics are a huge part of visual games. This is a must. If the graphics come up short, the game feels crude and unfinished. 

Just the way of things.
    History disagree with you. Loads of great games with crude graphics can be mentioned, very few with top graphics and poor gameplay have survived or become memorable. Gameplay will always be the defining thing, graphics is secondary.
    Sovrath
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    I agree with most here about animations.
    You can have top notch graphics (for the year the game is released), if the animations are crap it totally breaks the immersion for me.
    A good example would be WoW vs EQ2, released the same month. WoW may have had "inferior" graphics according to some, but EQ2's animation were utter crap.
    Even I as someone who does not get bothered by animations noticed EQ2 was rather poor there. But it did not concern me enough to effect my enjoyment of the game.
    Maurgrim
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Good ole Firefall.
    Image result for firefall screenshots
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I actually prefer stylized over realism any day. As long as the quality is good, it lasts through the years much, much better.

I would love to see a SWG remake w/ modern stylized graphics.