Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have we Witnessed the Death of Blizzard?

13»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    For myself Blizzard didn't die until i actually tried their games.
    I still play Hearthstone but even that game often has me wanting to quit,they simply do NOT build games the way i want them to or expect games to be built.

When i last played Wow about 2 months ago,i was only playing for a couple friends but it was extremely painful,so much that i had to tell my friends that i just can't do this ,the game is THAT bad.
    Yes i also tried their other games,actually finishing and putting a lot of hours into Diablo 3,Hots was a very short stay but now i finally see what Blizzard is all about and does not impress me one bit.
    Now OW for the genre it resides in does a decent job however in that type of genre,a fps they again proved they have no clue.Cutesy maps do NOT make for good game play and their HERO idea needs to go,they are doing it in all their games to simply support a CASH SHOP.When i pla ya fps'r i want PRO style maps,you know maps that look like a world class fps'r built because they would understand it.
    So to me Blizzard is dead and gone,to me they do not house very smart game designers or system designers,don't get me started on team 5,even though i do acknowledge Realz is the one intelligent guy they have.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IzkimarIzkimar Member UncommonPosts: 568
    By that definition, what game company has NOT died ? Things change.

This is an over simplification that was not expressed in my argument.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Alexander Graham Bell, the WoW killer.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Seems like it HOTS, Diablo 4 partnered with a Korean F2P company that is just really bad...

Seems like whoever is running Blizzard is driving it into the ground.

Soon WOW may actually decline more, Overwatch will likely become less popular over time and GG Blizzard especially with newer games coming out that are MOBA based.
  • malikhigh1978malikhigh1978 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Sounds like Blizzard needs to buy out their shares from Craptivision, and go private again. Everything since Draenor has been B tier quality since. They just crapped all over HotS by eliminating the championship, and moving team members to a shitty mobile venture. If D4 is truly going to be a mobile game, I'm not saying I'll never buy a blizzard product again, but it'll take a long while for them to regain my vote of confidence. Yes, gaming companies are about staying in business, and you can ONLY do that with money, or such a low overhead and superior product, that moving into the red is near impossible. However, their methods perpetually treats their community horribly, and extracts as much wealth as possible, just in time for quarterly reports. It's a crying shame.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Sounds like Blizzard needs to buy out their shares from Craptivision, and go private again. Everything since Draenor has been B tier quality since. They just crapped all over HotS by eliminating the championship, and moving team members to a shitty mobile venture. If D4 is truly going to be a mobile game, I'm not saying I'll never buy a blizzard product again, but it'll take a long while for them to regain my vote of confidence. Yes, gaming companies are about staying in business, and you can ONLY do that with money, or such a low overhead and superior product, that moving into the red is near impossible. However, their methods perpetually treats their community horribly, and extracts as much wealth as possible, just in time for quarterly reports. It's a crying shame.
    The name of the company is Activision Blizzard.

This is not "Activision"'s doing.

Activision, Blizzard (and King these days) report to a board made up of Activision, Blizzard - and these days King - bods. They done it to themselves!