Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Game!

MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389
Play a Wookiee! You will have a great time!

Comments

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    I Didnt i was bored out of my mind, but i had fun playing a wookie on Star Wars : Knights Of The Old Republic

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

nah no you didn't....

u suuree yu were playin SWG?

yep dead sure i wasted my money on the $70 collectors edition, btw as i see from the lack of responces here no one else really thinks its a "Great Game!"

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

because they are to busy playing the game... and don't feel like replying to such a forum Troll like you

haha ya nice excuse.. more like they are taking the game back (or trying to), perhaps they are killing themselvs or gouging their eyes out due to the fact that the game blows hardcore and will never be good, and was the crappiest game of all time with the most hype

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• duckxtalesduckxtales Member Posts: 3

OMFG how can you people hate this game. it rocks. I love the graphics and gameplay. the bugs are awesome! it was such an anticipated game.

image...I LOVE STAR WARS GALAXIES...image

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    lol they trying to get auction up on ebay

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

• leftieleftie Member Posts: 138

Great game... yeah, right. That's why the Developers have hidden from the players since the "big patch" corrupted so many game systems. That's why Thunderheart and other Devs have hidden their accounts from the message board DevTracker. Acording to DevTracker, there have been two Dev posts total in the last two days, and Thunderheart hadn't been on been logged by DevTracker in more than three days.

The plyer mounts are toxic. Many PCs have been  falling through holes in mounts and ended up having all record of the character deleted. Ooops.

No DE, chef, BE, SL fixes. Lotsa attention to the famous enchanted creatures of star wars and their creature handlers.

"...you just #@*&;$% with the wrong rhino, pal!" - Smoochy

• Willa22Willa22 Member Posts: 42
    image isnt the game kinda laggy??

• nbk247nbk247 Member Posts: 26

Lag is an understatement. Unless you have a top notch Video Card..atleast 64MB you're gonna spend more time waiting for your character to move around city or wait for new cities to load when you use the Shuttleports than actually play the game. I upgraded my VC about a month ago thinking "Alright, now I can raid the rebels and not get killed while i'm lagged." YA RIGHT!

Basically, don't waste your money unless you have a beast of a machine...even then it might not be enough.

• AlethorAlethor Member Posts: 58

Heyimage! I was a rebel, lol... You Imperials and your AT-STs!

Anyway, yes the lag is horrible when you enter cities if you dont have a decent video card. It took me a long time to get to the medical center and cantina after hunting. By the way, what galaxy were you in nbk?

Alethor

Alethor

• nbk247nbk247 Member Posts: 26
    Mostly hung out on Shadowfire...that was my imp character that was a badass. But I had a Docter/Architect on Flurry...that was a reb, but couldn't stand up to a Kreetle hehe. LOL, the sad part is I canceled my subscription last night, but made sure to get on the game today to pay up my home maintence for 3 months....just incase. Incase SOE gets their sh*t together image 

• AlethorAlethor Member Posts: 58
    My main character was on Shadowfire too. I was a Creature Handler/Pistoleer. What was your in-game name?

Alethor

Alethor

• XeresXeres Member Posts: 2

SWG... Is probably the saddest failure of a MMORPG that I've seen, only because it was expected to be good, rather than suck the big one. A friend passed me his game a while ago, saying that it wasn't worth his time, or money, and wouldn't tell me why. I honestly have no idea about the problems this game had, other than the ones I experienced when I played the game. One, the lag was insane... And the game was not fun. Not at all. It makes me wonder how the people, in good conscience, tell people to buy SWG over FFXI. I'm not a fanyboy.. Rather, girl, but that just seems so wrong. It could have been such a good game... Well... Maybe.

Don't listen to me any more :)

SWG sucks now!!

Sony had failed me! I am back playin AnarchyOnline till WoW comes out

• ValiddValidd Member Posts: 4

IMO I thought the game was really bad laggy.

I played the game for just a little while and have come to think it was a worse game to purchase than earth and beyond.

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

I never had TOO much problem with lag or other issues I have heard about. In fact, the concept of SWG is very nice. My biggest complaint was that the game was just boring for me. It did not materialize into the game that it was promoted to be. There was little to no role-play at all and grouping was just generally not fun.

• SquittySquitty Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by nbk247

1. Lag is an understatement. Unless you have a top notch Video Card..atleast 64MB
    2. Basically, don't waste your money unless you have a beast of a machine...even then it might not be enough.

1. Since when is a top notch video card 64mb? If you don't have a 64mb video card you shouldn't be playing computer games.

2. Or............. don't turn your graphic levels all the way up if your computer sucks.

PS: SWG is an amazing game, and is not for inpatient 12 year olds.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Maxxx
    Play a Wookiee! You will have a great time!

HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What form of illegal drug are you on?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Originally posted by digitydarkman
    yep dead sure i wasted my money on the $70 collectors edition, btw as i see from the lack of responces here no one else really thinks its a "Great Game!"

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

The "lack of response here" is because MMORPG.com is NOT a major game site. Go to the Stratics.com forums and it's like New York City vs smallvile USA.

(mmorpg.com is still a nice site though. ;) )

And also like someone else posted, most people are busy PLAYING the game. There's over 300k accounts, and 20+ servers, with more new servers being added.

The game is still in its "infant stage" and still going through growing pains.

If anyone has problems with SWG , post your comments in the official SWG forums.

Make sure you post in the right form. And mind good manners while you post. Number each of your points.

If you want things to change, you can either quite, or step forward and help initiate change for the better.

• Originally posted by leftie

Great game... yeah, right. That's why the Developers have hidden from the players since the "big patch" corrupted so many game systems. That's why Thunderheart and other Devs have hidden their accounts from the message board DevTracker. Acording to DevTracker, there have been two Dev posts total in the last two days, and Thunderheart hadn't been on been logged by DevTracker in more than three days.
    The plyer mounts are toxic. Many PCs have been  falling through holes in mounts and ended up having all record of the character deleted. Ooops.
    No DE, chef, BE, SL fixes. Lotsa attention to the famous enchanted creatures of star wars and their creature handlers.

Thunderheart is NOT a major SWG game DEV. Funny how you only mention his name out of the many SWG DEVs! Do you think because he is a former player who got hired by SONY that you have an "angle" to get what you want? And now your mad that Thunderheart is not giving you a "special angle"?

Yes I know him too, likely better than you 'know' him. But I would never pester him. Let him do his job the way he feels it should be done.

If you have any problems with the game, go through the regular channels. Also post in the official SWG forums. Make sure you pick the right forum, and remember good manners while you post.

• Originally posted by nbk247

Lag is an understatement. Unless you have a top notch Video Card..atleast 64MB you're gonna spend more time waiting for your character to move around city or wait for new cities to load when you use the Shuttleports than actually play the game. I upgraded my VC about a month ago thinking "Alright, now I can raid the rebels and not get killed while i'm lagged." YA RIGHT!
    Basically, don't waste your money unless you have a beast of a machine...even then it might not be enough.

LOLOL!

Guess what! The game box itself says the EXACT same thing you are saying.

SWG is a top of the line game. In fact, it currently is the most top of the line computer game now out.

Minimum specs right now are GeForce 4 graphics card, 1.1 GHZ processor speed, 1.1 GB memory ( SWG has never been playable with 64 meg LOLOL! When it first came out 128 meg was the minimum. Now 500 megs is minimum, but 1.0 GIG is the recommended.)

• Matthoc116Matthoc116 Member Posts: 1
    It doesnt matter what video card you have for SWG, regardless of what you use, SWG will be one of the nicest chat rooms you will ever be in, and for only $15 a month!  And don't tell me its anything more than a graphically superior chat room, becaue I played this game for 2 months, and it felt more like a job than an RPG...

• Originally posted by Matthoc116
    It doesnt matter what video card you have for SWG, regardless of what you use, SWG will be one of the nicest chat rooms you will ever be in, and for only $15 a month!  And don't tell me its anything more than a graphically superior chat room, becaue I played this game for 2 months, and it felt more like a job than an RPG...

Glorified Chat Room has always been a moniker (aka synonym) for all MMORPGs.

I agree the recent nerfs to missions have messed up SWG for the avg and current beginning player.

I even mention this in my Game Review of SWG on this here site.

They nerfed things up by increasing the rate of item decay, and decreasing the rewards from missions, making it harder for players to keep up with item decay.