Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria Comprehensive Impressions - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• WenchesnmeadWenchesnmead Member UncommonPosts: 35
    As Kaji said before me its amazing how little there is to do in the game. 

It not only brings nothing new to the table, but it also manages to screw up a carbon copy of UO somehow 20 years later in a terrific fashion.

I played the beta for over a year always expecting that bugs would get worked out and more content would be added.

A year later I have given up on the game. 

For me the major question was: What does this game have that I cannot find if I just play actual UO???

Nothing.

I am not writing this maliciously. Just honestly. I wanted this game to update and expand on UO so badly and I believed 10000% it would.

Instead to me its a bargain bin game that will ultimately have the same 125 people playing the game off and on and on alts.

Early on it had all the potential in the world and it was massively squandered. 

Also when it hits Steam in its current form it will get negative reviewed into oblivion which is a shame really for what could have been a gem.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    As Kaji said before me its amazing how little there is to do in the game. 

It not only brings nothing new to the table, but it also manages to screw up a carbon copy of UO somehow 20 years later in a terrific fashion.

I played the beta for over a year always expecting that bugs would get worked out and more content would be added.

A year later I have given up on the game. 

For me the major question was: What does this game have that I cannot find if I just play actual UO???

Nothing.

I am not writing this maliciously. Just honestly. I wanted this game to update and expand on UO so badly and I believed 10000% it would.

Instead to me its a bargain bin game that will ultimately have the same 125 people playing the game off and on and on alts.

Early on it had all the potential in the world and it was massively squandered. 

Also when it hits Steam in its current form it will get negative reviewed into oblivion which is a shame really for what could have been a gem.
    I could have told you that.  This game never had the funding from the start.   There was nothing this game does that advances on the UO type of game.  They would have been better off just making a private UO server.   The Kickstarter only got 1683 backers and $105,717 in money for this game.   It was never enough to make a UO replacement.  This game needed about 20 to 30 Million Dollars to really make this game worth it but there was no way investors would back a WO full loot PVP game knowing a few hundred players would play it.  
  • obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    It is still one of the only mmo games that will offer you to host servers with their code and also modify their code. Conetent is low but the lua code allows a lot of flexibility.
  • obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804
    And they should have stayed a bit more as a new NWN instead of going the UO way, though that is still doable. :)
    Slapshot1188
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    obii said:
    And they should have stayed a bit more as a new NWN instead of going the UO way, though that is still doable. :)
    Totally agree that “shards” was their hook and they need to focus on that aspect.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    Me and a couple friends been talking about joining a new MMO.  Heard this was coming to steam and was supposed to be like UO.  Took me all of about 5 secs to find out its Open World PVP full loot.  LOL we are gonna pass on this game.  When are these game designers going to figure out full Loot PVP open world is dead on arrival everytime.  I guess the devs like wasting their time making games that fail.  I was hoping this would at least have PVE servers.  Who is the genius that is isolating 95% of the MMO community by not having PVE servers.  O well, I guess I will be waiting patiently for Pantheon.
  • Supreem_CSSupreem_CS Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Brainy said:
    Me and a couple friends been talking about joining a new MMO.  Heard this was coming to steam and was supposed to be like UO.  Took me all of about 5 secs to find out its Open World PVP full loot.  LOL we are gonna pass on this game.  When are these game designers going to figure out full Loot PVP open world is dead on arrival everytime.  I guess the devs like wasting their time making games that fail.  I was hoping this would at least have PVE servers.  Who is the genius that is isolating 95% of the MMO community by not having PVE servers.  O well, I guess I will be waiting patiently for Pantheon.
    We've got good news for you!

https://www.legendsofaria.com/feature-spotlight-ruleset-changes/
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    When will they learn?

LOL,pvp gaming is EASY to make,very cost effective and it also happens to support a cash shop if the dev or publisher so chooses which most are doing now a days.

So the game has changed some areas to safe zone,yeah so?Does the game offer a legit PVE game,why would it matter if there is a PVE zone if the whole premise/design of the game is centered on pvp?

The Shards idea was a nice idea but as i stated back then,we are not ready for that and neither are developers.IMO a game i play now "Atlas" is better at doing that in every way,build anywhere and everything looks great and you can run your own mods/rules.

So what is left?To compete as a legit PVE,no reason to try and challenge Wow as a linear questing game.NOW you are getting in to an expensive build,similar to how FFXI was built,tons of systems,tons of content ideas,tons of classes and full on mix and match.I have yet to see any new rpg come even remotely close to matching what FFXI did most all are still cheap Wow clones or cheap pvp builds.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.