Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Pagan Online Gameplay Trailer - A Familiar Feel for ARPG Fans

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Pagan Online Gameplay Trailer - A Familiar Feel for ARPG Fans

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,514
    Looks great!
    Ilayaelveoneceh430jarsku85winghaven1

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Looks good indeed!
    And taking the given Quality from WoT/WoWS, this will be a good Game.
    Time will tell. But please no "Legendaries" aka Gold Ammo to buy in the Shop!
    BillMurphy
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yep, looking snazzy. Torchlight Frontiers, this, POE still going strong... good times!
    sschrupp

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    This looks pretty fun!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Some of the art , i dont like , otherwise looks like it may be good ..
  • parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    i am waiting for good ARPG, diablo 3 is good but blizzard stopped making content for it so i did not buy it, path of exile is good but the build system is complicated and story telling is not good, lost ark and project TL from korea have no global release, korea first, anyways this arpg looks good but i need a lot more information, does it have story with voice acting? how is the class system?? too soon to get hyped for it.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,978
    Like the look of it but not sure we need to feel "right a home" I have never thought of ARPG's as having step learning curve. :)
  • 123ffxiv123ffxiv Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited December 2018
    So I played this for their two day test and its looks really nice however the dealbreaker for me was only WASD movement and possible issues with monetization. The rest of the game looked and felt great. In regards to classes it worked kind of like Marvel Heroes in that you could earn different classes by playing the game as well as purchase them.
    infomatz
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Diablo 3, MU, PoE, Grim Dawn are great online action games - that have zero chance to win my time against "more RPG-y" games like BDO, Warframe, Monster Hunter and even vs single-player AC Odyssey.

Why even bother with 2-inch high toons when I have a bunch of 3-4 inch high toons already?

Thank you for your time!

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    2019 year of the ARPG, this one looks really nice
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Animations look great unlike Grim dawn/PoE which is a huge plus for me. Also seems like the creatures have actual mechanics and not just stacking modifiers like those games, also a big plus. Not smitten with any of those classes though, hopefully they have plans for more, didn't see anything on their site that would indicate it.
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

3dom said:

Diablo 3, MU, PoE, Grim Dawn are great online action games - that have zero chance to win my time against "more RPG-y" games like BDO, Warframe, Monster Hunter and even vs single-player AC Odyssey.

Why even bother with 2-inch high toons when I have a bunch of 3-4 inch high toons already?

For some reason this reminds me of that video of the girl that wanted an 8 slice pizza instead of a 12 slice pizza because she couldn't eat the extra 4 pieces.
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    Not an MMO, it's more akin to Path of Exile with co-op and “other online components”.

https://massivelyop.com/2018/12/17/wargamings-new-oarpg-pagan-online-launches-next-year/
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    this game looks so smooth compared to upcoming torchlight where it seems to be clunky with super bad optimization, hmm, definitely gonna watch this one because Torchlight won't be for me (yes i believe, it'll stay optimized as poop forever, so I'll pass)
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Yep, looking snazzy. Torchlight Frontiers, this, POE still going strong... good times!

And dont forget Diablo Immortal !

Joking :D

But yes. Seems like great year for us ARPG fans !

Dont forget Wolcen !
    Ilayaboris20

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    So Wargaming, they are working on Diablo clone after murdering Total War: Arena?
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

Looks ok. Skill effects a little bit over the top, but not as much as Lost Ark, for instance.

I would like to see a video showing what the game brings to the table - i.e. how is it different from the other ARPGs, what unique features it has, what is the reason the game was made (besides profit).

Based on this video, it is hard to be very excited about it as it looks like just another generic ARPG.

Oh yes and we have so many of those to choose from right? Looking forward to next year as we desperately need more ARPGs. If you don't like POE what are the options? D3 is dead so that leaves what? GD gets very repetitive after a while.....not a lot of choices out there unless you want to play the ones that have been out there forever....
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    I actually said to myself that this game looks beautiful. I don't say that really. I will say the world or characters and such but to say game means I really like it. Will have to see how it plays and if I can do that. If it is having to use the keyboard to move then I will not play it. That is not a fun way for me to play the viewpoint of this type of game.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    lol at the name though. Pagan? Is this game from the perspective of an outside, mainstream religion?

Just another clone in a sea of clones but that's just my opinion. Clones can be fun if you like the same game for 20 years which is called genre gaming and if the market agrees so be it. I just don't think the market really agrees overall but I can't speak for each sub-genre.

You stay sassy!

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    cmacq said:

Looks ok. Skill effects a little bit over the top, but not as much as Lost Ark, for instance.

I would like to see a video showing what the game brings to the table - i.e. how is it different from the other ARPGs, what unique features it has, what is the reason the game was made (besides profit).

Based on this video, it is hard to be very excited about it as it looks like just another generic ARPG.

Oh yes and we have so many of those to choose from right? Looking forward to next year as we desperately need more ARPGs. If you don't like POE what are the options? D3 is dead so that leaves what? GD gets very repetitive after a while.....not a lot of choices out there unless you want to play the ones that have been out there forever....
    ARPGs are repetitive as a core pillar of their gameplay loop.

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    cmacq said:

We're all well aware of that. Some have managed to get away from the "repeat the story 3 times to level thing". Hopefully GD can make some changes there with the upcoming expansion. If not I will not be buying it. I can no longer keep doing that story 3 times with every character I start. Thus the desire for something new even if the model is not.
  • RehdyeRehdye Member UncommonPosts: 16
    To the people saying cash shop no way, what you see in the video the devs have said the cash shop will be totally different, that they only left the real money cash shop for testing purposes because they couldn't implement the new systems for the characters.  Some of what you see in the cash shop now will actually be bought with ingame gold or not in the game at all.  The Devs aren't taking any money for the game now the cash shop during testing was completely free and only a placeholder for testing

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    cmacq said:
    cmacq said:

We're all well aware of that. Some have managed to get away from the "repeat the story 3 times to level thing". Hopefully GD can make some changes there with the upcoming expansion. If not I will not be buying it. I can no longer keep doing that story 3 times with every character I start. Thus the desire for something new even if the model is not.
    That's understandable.  Your post didn't really make it clear what part you didn't wanna go through.

I never pay attention to the story closely in ARPGs.  More times than not, it amounts to merely a serviceable reason for the player's wanton slaughter of everything that moves. :D 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    I want to know if it requires aggressive mouse usage and click to move, or if I can play it using a controller.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

And dont forget Diablo Immortal !

Joking :D

But yes. Seems like great year for us ARPG fans !

Dont forget Wolcen !
    and The Last Epoch