Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Q&A - Soon Azerite Armor Will Drop with All Traits Unlocked - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Q&A - Soon Azerite Armor Will Drop with All Traits Unlocked - MMORPG.com

Last week, World of Warcraft Game Director Ion Hazzikostas took part in a live Q&A where he answered a number of questions across a wide array of topics including the much-discussed Azerite armor system. In one of the more positive takeaways from the Q&A, Hazzikostas said that items that drop after the Battle of Dazar'alor raid will come with all traits unlocked automatically -- no more getting a piece of armor with traits that are unavailable until the Heart of Azeroth levels up enough.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I don't know what to say... this just shows that azerite armor and the Heart of Azeroth weren't thought through. In fact it feels like an idea they got few months ago and decided to build the whole expansion around it and now after the alpha the game entered beta(cause the new patch is filled with bugs...) and they are finally starting to see things clearly... No one wants to grind for Azerite level, Artifact level or any other level. People are fine with grinding for gear, but not for something that will eventually unlock you some bonus ability/effect/spell etc...
    ForgrimmThaharViper482Tezcatlapoccailiych
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Looks like BfA will be out of Early Access in 8.2! I can't wait!
    [Deleted User]moshraThupli
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    I know I expected this - made a post even! - but I didn't expect it so early. Think I expected mid-19 announcement and latter part of 19 release. If this comes in 8.2 this suggests a) things are bad and - maybe - b) no 8.3.
    Blacklabelcali
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I wish they would put questions in game for the player base to answer, much like they do in beta. What do you love in WOW? What do you dislike in WoW? etc... One set of questions per account. Announce in advance it'll be happening from this date to this date. Get some polls going as communication back to the players. Then there's no chance they go with feedback from the vocal minority. I'm interested to see what ALL the players think is needed (if anything) to make the game better. I say if anything, because I suspect a large portion of the remaining players don't frequent the forums (total speculation by me). Maybe even hit up former accounts that have let their sub lapse. The devs are making concessions. I say all this because the Bliz seems to be disconnected from their player base. The devs decisions don't seem to be good ones. SO maybe let all the players help give suggestions???
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Work in progress my ass! Beastmaster hunters have been placed on the sidelines since MoP! You really need to get on the ball about that spec Blizz!
    Viper482
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    1000% damage control mode. They failed to listen to subscribers throughout the entire testing process, completely ignored all concerns and complaints. Now they are backpedaling their arses off because reports of subs leaving in droves is likely as true as I thought it was.
    hallucigenocideDeadrites87Thahar
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    So it's just armor now, right? Not anything different?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Hahaha. I quit WoW because BfA is abysmal. Reading that they are now just unlocking all traits in the armor... what's the point of the whole system them? They've essentially admitted it's irrelevant and poorly planned. When Legion came out, they pruned, so they decided to prune more? The sad reality of wishing for Legion again...
    Viper482
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited December 2018
    The Q&A on Youtube is being down vote bombed.  LOL.  Watch some of the video.  They look so defeated.  Ugh.  I saw a post on the Youtube comments:  BFA = Blizzard Failed Azeroth...or maybe BFA = Blizzard Failed All (of us).
    Thupliiliych
  • iliychiliych Member CommonPosts: 4
    Azerite Armor=failed :(
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    I'm one of those people that bought BfA, then never logged in.  Never even reactivated my sub.  Frankly, this just doesn't do it for me either.  At this point, I'm not sure that anything short of a complete expansion overhaul would get me logged in, and that is firmly outside the realm of what's possible.

I have absolutely zero interest in this warmode mess, especially as Alliance.  Islands look a little too much like refried scenarios to be interesting to me.  Azerite was a joke from the beginning.  I have no idea how that made it into the game.  After what they ended up being forced to do in Legion with AP and Legiondaries, they HAD to know it wasn't going to work.  It should have been obvious to the devs.  It certainly was to the players.  At least they finally made it easier to level alts.  I'll give them that much at least.  Lets not even get into the storyline except to say that even THAT has been mismanaged from the outset.  There are other issues as well, not the least of which is gameplay itself!  Something Blizzard has always had mostly right regardless of an expansion's systems.  The GCD changes have been almost universally disliked, for example.

This expansion is done.  There is no saving it, IMO, and it would be best to put it to bed ASAP.  Let's move on and get this one behind us.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594

Whoopty Do, What does it all mean? Basil

[Deleted User]

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Like a few others i never bought this xpac.  The main reason is i just dont want to keep having to relearn my class every time theres an xpac.  Not to mention, every xpac moves the game further and further from what i enjoy.  Im hoping classic delivers.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Ahhhh yes, gotta love planned obsolescence.  This is exactly why I stopped playing FFXIV too.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Sounds like a clueless response to an actual issue. I can understand where the idea came from, the legion artifact weapons were pretty well received. I didn't get to actually play Legion before it was gutted for BfA though. Disappointing they removed and trivialized a lot of good content to make way for the new. Game companies reacting poorly and too slowly to problems seems to be par for the course though unfortunately.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    SO what is this in reality?

Is he saying they did it wrong the first time?
    Is this just a form of bribery?
    I wish they would put questions in game for the player base to answer, much like they do in beta. What do you love in WOW? What do you dislike in WoW? etc... One set of questions per account. Announce in advance it'll be happening from this date to this date. Get some polls going as communication back to the players. Then there's no chance they go with feedback from the vocal minority. I'm interested to see what ALL the players think is needed (if anything) to make the game better. I say if anything, because I suspect a large portion of the remaining players don't frequent the forums (total speculation by me). Maybe even hit up former accounts that have let their sub lapse. The devs are making concessions. I say all this because the Blizz seems to be disconnected from their player base. The devs decisions don't seem to be good ones. SO maybe let all the players help give suggestions???
    Now this i  agree with wholeheartedly.I have also mentioned this SHOULD be the norm for ANY and all testing phases.I just don't think Vagueness helps anything though,need specific questions.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.