Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tired of MMO's or gaming all together?

2»

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 5,950
    FishForce said:
    i am surely not depressed guys... i do socialize with friends and family

I play about 20 hours a week max, i do think to try Black Dessert online
    If that game does not cut it ... i am surely gonna stay with my PlayStation4.

Is it worth to tryout Black Dessert Online or just jump off the MMO wagon now?...

Thanks for all the great advise and posts

I believe your not depressed, just frustrated with choices like most of us. mmorpg's are in a shallow state for several years now.  Millage my differ from player to player, but they play like a single player off line game but on-line with others around you, and for the most part lack any challenge in any department. Like I say millage my differ, but my opinion is to wait and see what happens in the long term.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,052
    I used to be in a similar spot. Played Star Wars Galaxies, moved to Everquest 2, moved to SWTOR, moved to Guild Wars 2.

After that, I couldn't really be bothered anymore. I tried most MMOs out there at some point. The fact of moving between games was probably what made me feel that way. I left 4 great communities behind and was kind of exhausted.

What fixed it for me was the realisation that MMOs aren't what I want at the moment. They are a genre I love, but I felt like trying something else. So I stopped playing MMOs religiously for a few years and it was great. Just coming home from work and playing something at my own pace for fun is a breath of fresh air. MMOs used to be like that at the beginning, but not recently. I played through the three Tomb Raiders, most of the Assassin's Creeds, dabbled with VR, made a Minecraft community. It's given me the fun that I couldn't find in MMOs anymore.

I'm warming up to MMOs again, but I'm taking my time. :grin:
    FishForce
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,628
    It feels more relaxing on a private server because there is no pressure to get value over time,there is no pressure to get stuff done immediately.So you can play for the right reasons,to have fun and just relax and enjoy the stay.
    The problem i feel is that so many mmorpg players have already been honed into a certain play style and speed and can' break free.Like one of my biggest peeves is seeing some asshat completely miss the point of gaming and THINK i want to see his SPEED run video,well i don't care one bit about how fast anyone can play any game.
    Then we have the other epidemic...CHEATING,like does anyone play games for the simple idea of fun anymore?Selling of accounts,streaming for money "donate here"give me bits,subscribe to all my channels...grrrr what happened to peopel along the way?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 3,952
    I know that I am certainly less impressed these days.  Things that would have been awesome are been there done that.  I think 15 year old me would love gaming as it is.  
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,513
    Yep, I sure am. Nothing really holds my attention too much anymore.

I'm looking forward to Anthem for a little bit, and Division 2, but only for the co-op aspect.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,203
    H0urg1ass said:
    Tabletop wargaming!

It's two hobbies in one.  When you're not playing, you're planning, assembling and painting, and when you're playing... well that's fun too.

Tabletop Roleplaying! You can cut out what he said about wargaming and insert here. :)

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• BossChonoBossChono Member UncommonPosts: 23
    H0urg1ass said:
    Tabletop wargaming!

It's two hobbies in one.  When you're not playing, you're planning, assembling and painting, and when you're playing... well that's fun too.

This works for me, My bestie's fiancée got me back into 40k again after about 15 years and I'm having a blast building up a bunch of Ork gangsters ( helps that the local hobby/ business supply store had a going out of business sale so I got a bunch of models and ww2 tank kits on the cheap to scavenge parts off of.)

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,877
    Gaming is creative outlet for me, so no on being tired of gaming. I tire of genres, platforms, formats, and games that no longer offer that outlet for me and I move to games and systems that do. MMOs feel played out and I'm tired of that.
    Scot
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• PpiperPpiper Member RarePosts: 1,057
    I'm back to board games. Monopoly is my current title.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,475
    Gorwe said:
    DMKano said:
    OP are you also finding things other activities outside of gaming also not as fun as they used to be?

If yes - you might be dealing with depression. Nothing to worry about, as it happens to everyone eventually - the main thing about depression is to address it early. 

Ignoring depression can have devastating results longterm as it can become clinical depression which is a serious illness. Untreated clinical depression actually causes neural pathways in the brain to "rewire" and once this happens treatment options are not very effective.

Take care of yourself and keep on keeping on!
    That depends on a rather extreme amount of circumstances. It's...really not a good depression indicator. Unless one is attuned to helping the Xanax peddlers, rather than solving the actual problem.
    You don't always need drugs to solve depression.
    TorvalGorwedelete5230

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Gaming is better than its ever been and MMOs have gotten MUCH better than MMOs of old.
    phoenixfire2

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• phoenixfire2phoenixfire2 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Gaming is better than its ever been and MMOs have gotten MUCH better than MMOs of old.
    You forgot the kappa.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2018
    You forgot the kappa.
    Why? Old MMOs were boring as hell. Why do you think very few played them? Because they were junk to most people. New MMOs actually focus on FUN (like WoW, GW2, BDO etc), not boring mindless forced group grinding that some MMOs in development want to go back to. Those MMOs will be as niche as MMOs of old were. WoW was first to focus on fun and easier less mundane/forced group content and brought the massive success MMOs see today.

Of course even WoW/GW2/BDO and others do have grinding, but at least its a ton of fun and not stand in one spot or forced waiting for a group to accomplish anything. Or in BDOs case its kinda standing in one spot, but it has a ton fun gameplay. And a lot of the much more fun and new MMOs doesn't take years and years to get to max level and accomplish anything.

And other game genres have gotten a lot better overall as well.

The only thing gotten worse is cash shops and loot boxes...gameplay wise, MMOs and games in general are vastly improved.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    OP, it sounds like you need to start playing competitive games.
  • UtinniUtinni Member RarePosts: 1,244
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    DMKano said:
    OP are you also finding things other activities outside of gaming also not as fun as they used to be?

If yes - you might be dealing with depression. Nothing to worry about, as it happens to everyone eventually - the main thing about depression is to address it early. 

Ignoring depression can have devastating results longterm as it can become clinical depression which is a serious illness. Untreated clinical depression actually causes neural pathways in the brain to "rewire" and once this happens treatment options are not very effective.

Take care of yourself and keep on keeping on!
    That depends on a rather extreme amount of circumstances. It's...really not a good depression indicator. Unless one is attuned to helping the Xanax peddlers, rather than solving the actual problem.
    You don't always need drugs to solve depression.
    Also using a depressant (xanax) to treat depression would be a red flag. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    OP, try Guild Wars 2. It's different enough from other MMOs to at least be worth a try and the core game is free. Nothing to lose if you haven't already tried it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 350
    only game im looking forward to is wow classic

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 6,174
    You might like GW2?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests