Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Gameplay Update - Live Stream Replay - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 143
    edited December 2018

rodarin said:

LOL obvious lies. Thats not the MMO thats the BR. Or are they just trying to trick people into thinking thats an MMO play through?

Also a BR where cover doesnt matter is going to be so huge its not even funny (sarcasm).

The more they put out the bigger the fail becomes with this one.

going to edit. Might have gotten linked to the wrong video or the wrong video is linked. BUt I did find this one

THAT one is MMO.

But it is also a damage control video where theyre saying "hey look over here we are STILL making the MMO dont worry about the BR".

Problem is its the same stuff we saw almost a year ago.

From February:

Yeah, cause these are DEF the same builds!! image image image image image
    FacelessSavior
  • summerstringssummerstrings Member UncommonPosts: 76
    All I can really tell from this is seems like your bulk standard fantasy mmo , that's not a negative for me at all .

The proof of the pudding is in the playing .

As with most mmo's I will leave it a couple of month after release before deciding to buy it or not ( assuming this is buy to play ? ) by that time you can get a reasonable idea from comments and reviews as to if it's any good or not .
    Octagon7711Kyleran
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

Why are their toons running everywhere with weapons in hand? Looking forward to playing but not a fan of the current character models & animations.

To you and everyone complaining....this is early alpha, seriously get a grip. If it goes to beta looking the same you can complain.
    Dick1232MaurgrimRennd
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Looks good so far. Major points are scored for open class choice, node progression, and the fact mobs take time to kill. If they have a world worth openly exploring and properly integrate PvP (fun and meaningful but optional), I'll back it for sure or purchase when it comes out.

I'll certainly try Apocalypse when it comes out on the 18th, just to see how it is.
    Octagon7711
  • BloodDiimondBloodDiimond Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited December 2018
    World looks real nice. Can't wait to see it get filled. It would be cool to see a Dragon Nest type combat implemented but I don't see that happening. Just something more impactful when using a skill and roving 1v1s in huge battles instead of mass zerg aoes. Some of the larger mobs' skill animations were pretty cool. Either way, so far so good for this early in the game making process.
  • Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    This game looks like utter crap.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I wonder if they purchased all of their "100's" of monsters in their pipeline ;P

I have nothing against buying pre-made models and animations, I Just think it's nicer to mention that fact instead of passing it off like you created them or something.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I remember when Guild Wars 2 was coming out. I was screaming at the top of my lungs about the particle effects being way too much. I got shouted down by folks talking about how it's "not done yet" and it's going to get managed.

I'll say it for this title and a game like Crowfall... the particle effects = WAY too much. It's not a single player game.

Somebody tell me how it will get tweaked and fixed by launch.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    I remember when Guild Wars 2 was coming out. I was screaming at the top of my lungs about the particle effects being way too much. I got shouted down by folks talking about how it's "not done yet" and it's going to get managed.

I'll say it for this title and a game like Crowfall... the particle effects = WAY too much. It's not a single player game.

"Magic" of course, it is a fantasy game afterall.

;)
    Slapshot1188BossChonoFacelessSavior

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I have to give them credit they are hyping the game up. I hope it delivers. I am hopeful but skeptical.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Kyleran said:

"Magic" of course, it is a fantasy game afterall.

;)

Kyleran
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • J_JonesJ_Jones Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Locations looks beautiful, wanna see more. Combat system got some good DA vibes.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    J_Jones said:
    Locations looks beautiful, wanna see more. Combat system got some good DA vibes.
    Welcome to the boards!
    [Deleted User]BossChono
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    The game looks very beautiful and animations are okay as well.

The combat looks uninspiring and straight out boring.
    [Deleted User]

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Yeah lets all hate on a game that is in alfa and pretend It's a full release game.
  • makevalimakevali Member UncommonPosts: 48
    it's subscription based so it's a pass for me!!!
  • KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414
    The world is beautiful but looks like a Hallmark TV movie. Combat seems very uninspiring.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Still dont get why they use tabtargetting to show off combat. There is an fucking aiming option, use that for god sake if you want to show off a little bit more combat
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • godsmack1godsmack1 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    edited December 2018

Yeah..... Definitely a pass for me. It looks so mundane and uninspiring.

I think about crying when after eso, ff14 ,gw2,wow...
    that the only mmo we have that gives us a break is, BLACK DESERT ONLINE and even thats kinda blah and a few indie games...got dammit guys !! dont force me to go xbox one x and become a gears of war 4 freak.
  • FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Member UncommonPosts: 188
    edited December 2018

I still believe the rumors that the game will never launch and the battle royal is all we will end up with.

Frankly, I'd be more than ok with that. There's not many gaps in the BR market, but I haven't seen a polished Medevial/fantasy BR worth it's salt yet. I'm interested in a BR with mostly Melee and mid range skirmishes happening. Much more so than getting sniped from across a map by an unknown assailant. IF they can make combat fun and engaging anyways.
    bcbully
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Environment looks great. Questing looked terribly boring as it does in any mmorpg. Battle royal looked like a lot more fun. Nine the less good work.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Looking pretty damn good.
    bng28
  • bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited January 2019

Scot said:

It seems fine to me considering this is not meant to be a playable version. Posters main criticism seems to be the amount of sfx in combat, well you can turn that down by lowering particle physics, not a big deal.

It's not just VFX. I think for me it's just that I dont really like twitch based real time combat in an mmo. take ESO for example, the pve and the pvp is literal chaos, spamming AoE dmg and heals with your standard dont stand in the fire dungeon mechanics. For now I've seen ideas from ESO combat and guild wars 2 weapon system with the limited information on abilities so far.

I think the genre wants and deserves more than recycled ideas. That goes for any game I suppose. Recycling is going to happen I understand that, but it needs to have it's own appeal(for lack or a better word) to push gameplay styles in mmo's forward. Instead of a circular motion. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I dont follow this game that closely.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    makevali said:
    it's subscription based so it's a pass for me!!!
    Will just have to see how long the sub model lasts.  Not long me thinks.  They may be out of sink with their target audience. Not talking about the inner circle as they tend to go for everything.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited February 2019
    Went looking for a news update on Ashes out of curiosity.....it looks somehow worse than it ever has. Feel sorry for the backers' wallets.