Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars 1313 officially announced

13»

Comments

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    This news is 7 years old

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2018
    This news is 7 years old
    The video I linked is from 12/09/2018. Guy is supposedly doing fan made game with the shelved one.
    ceratop001
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Asheram said:
    This news is 7 years old
    The video I linked is from 12/09/2018. Guy is supposedly doing fan made game with the shelved one.
    Oh ok thanks

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Game is for sure going to be done in a few months, but he needs our help getting the word out so he can find volunteer developers?! Way to waste all of our time with this video.
    --------------------------------------------
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited December 2018
    Asheram said:
    Sry for the necro, the most recent thread that popped up from search and dont want to open a new thread for it.

I wonder how much if any of this is true and is even possible.
    In this case it would have been better to start a new thread, just sayin.
    Asheram
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Rhoklaw said:
    First off, this is ultimately EA behind the wheel. Considering the BF2 debacle and the reasons for shutting down Visceral Games and their single player Star Wars game, I highly doubt this will amount to anything. In fact, even talking about EA products just makes me wonder how much punishment some people are gluttons for.

Turns out, this game is supposedly being developed by a fan. That's really great and all, but I'm not sure he wants to keep that game title Star Wars 1313 unless of course he plans on giving the game away for free, lol.
    fti:
    EA are NOT the only company that can develop Star Wars games. As part of the 10 year IP deal Disney retained the right of "Disney" itself to develop SW games. 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Tiller said:

In this case it would have been better to start a new thread, just sayin.
    Yeah it would have been better to know going in it was a fan made thing that might not even materialze. I did say that I didn't know if it was real or not. I apologize wasn't trying to waste anyones time.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    First off, this is ultimately EA behind the wheel. Considering the BF2 debacle and the reasons for shutting down Visceral Games and their single player Star Wars game, I highly doubt this will amount to anything. In fact, even talking about EA products just makes me wonder how much punishment some people are gluttons for.

Turns out, this game is supposedly being developed by a fan. That's really great and all, but I'm not sure he wants to keep that game title Star Wars 1313 unless of course he plans on giving the game away for free, lol.
    Even free, Disney is likely to cease-and-desist him, as a "fan made" project generally yields an inferior product which can harm their brand. 
    Which is ironic, since Disney has all but destroyed the Star Wars IP for many of us.
    [Deleted User]Caffynated
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The delusion is real.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I would love to play this.... if it's real.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    Sounds like a cheap ass game to me and just another attempt to cash in on the IP brand.
    There is a reason developers aim for  survival games,they want to give us a cheap ass game.Well the same goes here with their "underground" idea.So this tells me a bunch of linear lanes in dungeons.

This also sounds like the game will be very similar in design to that game we had about 5-7 years ago with the "underground theme""The Secret World"  underground and gaited and mobs spawning out of thin air so a non persistent world.
    Yeah i wouldn't hold any hope for this game being good,i expect it to be just like TSW with tons of hand holding markers to guide you through some cheap missions.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Rhoklaw said:

Even free, Disney is likely to cease-and-desist him, as a "fan made" project generally yields an inferior product which can harm their brand. 
    It would be impossible for this guy to harm the Star Wars brand more than Disney already has.
    Talahar
This discussion has been closed.