Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Staff Changes & the Elimination of Key Esports Events Anchor Worrisome Heroes of the Storm Post - MM

13»

Comments

• SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros Member EpicPosts: 2,924
    edited December 2018
    I don't understand how things got to this point.  Who thought this was going to work out?  Let's put Ion Hazzilawyer in charge of  World of Warcraft and J. Allen You-Think-You-Do-But-You-Don't in charge of everything?

Hell, put me on the board of directors.  I'm pretty sure I could accept a seven figure salary to suck at my job.
    OG_ZorvanScotTorval
  • PhryPhry Member EpicPosts: 10,403
    HotS might be the first MOBA to 'leave' the esports scene and effectively go into maintenance mode, but i doubt it will be the last as i think times are 'shifting' and MOBA's are probably just going to be the latest casualty, i don't really see this as being unusual as market trends are just that, the 'latest' one is probably B.R games, of which Fortnite is probably the current biggest threat to MOBA's. I still think that Blizzards gamble involving mobile gaming in China is likely to be something of a failure, but as a learning curves go, it may be a necessary lesson. ;)
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 5,712
    PrimoSE said:
    since the changes to Quick Match and the insane queue/waiting times (normally 10-20 mins if you play assassin), most people i played with online have now left and gone elsewhere.. with this news i think i will now be doing the same... RIP heroes.... i will miss you old friend..
    Death spiral: players leave so wait time increase so players leave.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 15,779
    Maybe not the same game but the same problem could arise in Hearthstone,another Blizzard game.
    They sort of fixed the possible problem of a fast deteriorating game by giving incentive to playing.."free packs" "gold".
     I mention this because of the talk about que ues.Hs has already suffered a decline as has HOTS and what happens is then we start to see longer waits,HS is not nearly as bad as HOTS yet but what happens when a game designed around grind starts to have long wait times.People don't liek waiting,at least not more than maybe 30 seconds tops,any longer and peopel will begin to leave the game and then it snowballs the same way it snowballed for Wow on it's inception.

We saw the bonus cutting to top employees,so we know for fact there are lower profits and the big shots at the top always want answers and the mid bosses all want answers because their cushy high paid job is also in jeopardy.
    Me personally,i game for the RIGHT reasons>>>FUN,i don't like ideas behind games like HOTS grinding to get heroes paying in cash shops to get heroes and grind for rank points.The same goes for Hearthstone,Blizzard is a one dimensional game designer,they role with the same idea in all their games.So what ever happened to everyone always saying i play FOR FUN?I don't see it,i do because i play my old fave Unrealtournament,NO ladders,NO rankings,no rewards,no bragging,just FUN.
    jimmywolfTacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,655
    edited December 2018
    But...don't you want a mobile e-sports game as a service?
    Phry
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 3,765
    But don't you guys all have pros?
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Wizardry said:
    Maybe not the same game but the same problem could arise in Hearthstone,another Blizzard game.
    They sort of fixed the possible problem of a fast deteriorating game by giving incentive to playing.."free packs" "gold".
     I mention this because of the talk about que ues.Hs has already suffered a decline as has HOTS and what happens is then we start to see longer waits,HS is not nearly as bad as HOTS yet but what happens when a game designed around grind starts to have long wait times.People don't liek waiting,at least not more than maybe 30 seconds tops,any longer and peopel will begin to leave the game and then it snowballs the same way it snowballed for Wow on it's inception.

We saw the bonus cutting to top employees,so we know for fact there are lower profits and the big shots at the top always want answers and the mid bosses all want answers because their cushy high paid job is also in jeopardy.
    Me personally,i game for the RIGHT reasons>>>FUN,i don't like ideas behind games like HOTS grinding to get heroes paying in cash shops to get heroes and grind for rank points.The same goes for Hearthstone,Blizzard is a one dimensional game designer,they role with the same idea in all their games.So what ever happened to everyone always saying i play FOR FUN?I don't see it,i do because i play my old fave Unrealtournament,NO ladders,NO rankings,no rewards,no bragging,just FUN.
    not to be rude but what was the point that you were making? that you were not their target audience  and they should have made everything free with minimal features  to appeal to you? am sure their sad to lose a non willing to pay customer that  happy with a near 20 year old game....

i  still think 90% of CEO are idiots and hate their focusing more on profits trying chase the easy casual dollar, i am happy that causal are a fickle market that are quick to jump to the next flavor of the month, instead of them keeping to the core audience that was willing to show support they get to lose face and money trying chase the flavor of the month.

maybe few company's will have to sink  to make way for a better market that won't put thier profits first it already starting happen i believe with all the backlash from loot boxes, overpriced dlc, F2P cash shop and even Thu their rushing to jump into F2P mobile market for easy money their starting to get tired of it also so that well is not as deep as their shiny eyes think.