Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Link me a new computer from Amazon under 800

MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
so just need a new cheap computer, probably the highest end game I would play on it is like Path of Exile, or Torchlight Frontiers

under 800$ no monitor or anything else is needed

Amazon preferred

thanks

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    I'd buy something like this:
      https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RdJTRJ

I'm too lazy to check out what's available on amazon.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Support a smaller or local dealer instead of Amazon
    Phry
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    kjempff said:
    Support a smaller or local dealer instead of Amazon

I have a 500$ gift card to Amazon
    Vrika said:
    I'd buy something like this:
      https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RdJTRJ

I'm too lazy to check out what's available on amazon.
    dont really have the time to build it, but that all looks pretty solid
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Let me get this straight:

1)  It needs to be a prebuilt computer, even though it's hard to find a prebuilt computer that will even tell you what is in it, let alone one that is a sensible build.
    2)  It has to be on Amazon, even though Amazon's search function doesn't work, making it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

Have you considered that this may not be the optimal way to find a good gaming computer?

If you're not willing to build your own, you can at least get something built to order from a site that lets you choose the exact parts--including the power supply and motherboard, not just a few headline things.  Or if it has to be from Amazon, we could at least pick somewhat reasonable parts, even if not the best deals on the site because the latter is too much work to find.  But both at once?  I don't see a good solution here.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Quizzical said:

1)  It needs to be a prebuilt computer, even though it's hard to find a prebuilt computer that will even tell you what is in it, let alone one that is a sensible build.
    2)  It has to be on Amazon, even though Amazon's search function doesn't work, making it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

Have you considered that this may not be the optimal way to find a good gaming computer?

If you're not willing to build your own, you can at least get something built to order from a site that lets you choose the exact parts--including the power supply and motherboard, not just a few headline things.  Or if it has to be from Amazon, we could at least pick somewhat reasonable parts, even if not the best deals on the site because the latter is too much work to find.  But both at once?  I don't see a good solution here.
    you did see that he has a $500 gift card from Amazon?
    Ozmodan said:
    Quizzical said:

you did see that he has a $500 gift card from Amazon?
    Yes, I did see that.  That's why I don't see a good solution.  Otherwise, you could do better by discovering that sites that build computers to order and let you pick parts also accept your money.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2018
    These came up when I searched on amazon "Prebuilt gaming pc". Are they good? Dunno...I can say they are 100% better than my current PC. Not exactly under 800 for 2 of the ones that came up on top results, but they look really decent. If you spend the extra bucks you can get a really good PC that would be cheaper than buying parts that would add up to 1k+...

since you have a 500 dollar gift card you would save a TON of money

most expensive one but looks really good...good reviews too. 

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Xtreme-GXiVR8060A5-i5-8400-GeForce/dp/B0757DVF4Z/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1544156809&sr=1-5&keywords=prebuilt+gaming+pc

this one is the cheapest of the 3 I'm linking. Good reviews, but personally I like cyberpower more...but its an option as its on sale from base price of 739 to 679

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-ArchAngel-Gaming-Computer-Quad-Core/dp/B077QDM2DP/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1544156809&sr=1-7&keywords=prebuilt+gaming+pc

a tad more than 800, but its also amazon's CHOICE product of the 3 and it also looks extremely decent. This or 1st choice I listed be my options if I had such a great gift card to use. Without looking at both further, you can decide or find other prebuild gaming pcs on amazon with the simple search of "Prebuilt gaming pc"

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXIVR8020A5-Desktop-i5-8400-Processor/dp/B07B6H4GNY/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1544156809&sr=1-9&keywords=prebuilt+gaming+pc

The 3rd one has by far most positive reviews, and its probably the best one despite being 2nd most expensive. And its not that much more than your 800 budget. And it probably be one I'd go for tbh if I had money.

I don't think anyone here would be able to list the same custom built PC for 300 dollars (800 - 500USD for his gift card means its about a 300 dollar PC...you can NOT custom build a 300 dollar highend gaming PC)

Gdemami

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    While I would definitely go the build my own route, in keeping with your original request and parameters, this isn't a bad set of specs for the money...

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-580-023w-i5-7400-Graphics/dp/B077S27YLP/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1544156963&sr=1-10&keywords=prebuilt+gaming+pc&refinements=p_36:-80000

Not marketed as a gaming PC and doesn't have flashy lights, but the specs are about as good or better than most of them that are marketed as such
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Buy a console.
    [Deleted User]OzmodanPhry

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    frostymug said:
    While I would definitely go the build my own route, in keeping with your original request and parameters, this isn't a bad set of specs for the money...

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-580-023w-i5-7400-Graphics/dp/B077S27YLP/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1544156963&sr=1-10&keywords=prebuilt+gaming+pc&refinements=p_36:-80000

Not marketed as a gaming PC and doesn't have flashy lights, but the specs are about as good or better than most of them that are marketed as such
    It looks decent. Except its HP ewwwww. Granted Cyberpower I linked above is actually a Dell thing and ewwwww dell...

The one problem that particular one you linked has from glancing at the reviews is it becomes with a ton of bloatware pre-installed.

My friend bought one of the Cyberpower pre-built PCs and it didn't come with all that junk and works really great. He got it on black friday.

As for OP, wait for christmas/new years sales for one of the ones I linked. There is a chance they can go lower in price
    Gdemamimmolou

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

thanks for the input guys, I have a good gaming computer already, its for my office, I don't really want to spend a fortune, and I work about 75 hours a week, so I haven't had a chance to stay current on whats good/new

I also have an extra 8 gigs of ram sitting around I am going to put in it to give it a little boost

this is the one I picked, but I didn't want to influence anything, and again don't even know if its decent

https://www.amazon.com/Skytech-Gaming-ST-ARCH-II-001-Archangel-Computer/dp/B0771BZY92/ref=pd_sbs_147_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0771BZY92&pd_rd_r=0df6482a-f9de-11e8-b73f-81e1611457d6&pd_rd_w=QqCyN&pd_rd_wg=NVPm3&pf_rd_p=7d5d9c3c-5e01-44ac-97fd-261afd40b865&pf_rd_r=S8AD2503ZFG1KH5BQC0D&psc=1&refRID=S8AD2503ZFG1KH5BQC0D

Scavenger- the one I just linked is a higher end version of the one you linked 2nd, also the first one you linked that tower is god-awful

Frosty- the HP is decent, but its so ugly, I like cool towers

Ozmodan
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Buy a switch smash bros pack from amazone or ps4 pro or xbox x and sell it for the same price or a bit lower. And use that money for pc parts and diff online shops
    Ozmodan

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    frostymug said:

https://www.pcbuildadvisor.com/hp-pavilion-power-580-023w-gaming-tower-review/

Hard to upgrade:

• Low graphics card memory
    • CPU might make upgrades hard
    • Case lacks some space for future upgrades
    • No SSD
    Hardware Summary
    GFXNvidia GTX 1060 3GB
    CPUIntel i5-7400
    RAM8GB DDR4
    Storage1TB Hard Drive
    MBUUnspecified
    PSU300W
    OzmodanPhry

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    I suggest finding a local builder who'll take an Amazon card in exchange at face value.
    [Deleted User]OzmodanPhry

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Dragnelus said:
    frostymug said:

https://www.pcbuildadvisor.com/hp-pavilion-power-580-023w-gaming-tower-review/

Hard to upgrade:

• Low graphics card memory
    • CPU might make upgrades hard
    • Case lacks some space for future upgrades
    • No SSD
    Hardware Summary
    GFXNvidia GTX 1060 3GB
    CPUIntel i5-7400
    RAM8GB DDR4
    Storage1TB Hard Drive
    MBUUnspecified
    PSU300W
    Seems to me that system would be perfect for him.  Did you notice that he has limited funds, I do not think he is worried about upgrading this computer.  

Note to many of you, this computer does come with a warranty too, won't get that from any system builder.  I build computers for people and I tell some prospective customers to go buy a pre-built system at Microcenter as that is all they need and even I cannot match their price.  Most probably most computer buyers will be playing at 1080p and a 1050 ti or better is just fine for that.  
    GdemamiDragnelus
    Myrdynn said:
    thanks for the input guys, I have a good gaming computer already, its for my office, I don't really want to spend a fortune, and I work about 75 hours a week, so I haven't had a chance to stay current on whats good/new

I also have an extra 8 gigs of ram sitting around I am going to put in it to give it a little boost

this is the one I picked, but I didn't want to influence anything, and again don't even know if its decent

https://www.amazon.com/Skytech-Gaming-ST-ARCH-II-001-Archangel-Computer/dp/B0771BZY92/ref=pd_sbs_147_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0771BZY92&pd_rd_r=0df6482a-f9de-11e8-b73f-81e1611457d6&pd_rd_w=QqCyN&pd_rd_wg=NVPm3&pf_rd_p=7d5d9c3c-5e01-44ac-97fd-261afd40b865&pf_rd_r=S8AD2503ZFG1KH5BQC0D&psc=1&refRID=S8AD2503ZFG1KH5BQC0D

It's not just that you don't know if it's decent.  It's that if it won't tell you what's in it, we can't tell if it's decent, either.  Not a single computer linked so far in this thread tells you what power supply it has, for example.
    edited December 2018
    update, talked to a computer guy he told me that in my backup system my video card is good, my ram is good, to update my processor, motherboard and my power supply

original processor is a Phenom 1100 XT x6, Asus motherboard

currently have a 1050 ti video card and 16 gigs of 2200 ram

anyone help me from there?

also how do I transfer my win 10 once I change them?
    Myrdynn said:
    update, talked to a computer guy he told me that in my backup system my video card is good, my ram is good, to update my processor, motherboard and my power supply

original processor is a Phenom 1100 XT x6, Asus motherboard

currently have a 1050 ti video card and 16 gigs of 2200 ram

anyone help me from there?

also how do I transfer my win 10 once I change them?
    If that's what you already have and it's in good working order, then I'd say to just keep using it until you get a larger budget.  An $800 pre-built from Amazon doesn't get you much of an upgrade over that.

Is that the computer that you're trying to upgrade from?  Did you have a newer computer that died that has some parts you can scavenge from it?  Or is that the old computer that died and could possibly be repaired?

A Phenom II X6 1100T (what you probably have) uses Socket AM3, which requires DDR3 memory.  Anything modern--which is to say, anything worth upgrading to--will require DDR4 memory, so you'll have to replace the memory, too, if you're hoping to upgrade it.

A GeForce GTX 1050 Ti is a modern, fairly low end card.  If the games you want to play are forcing you to turn down settings, it's likely that that and not the CPU is the culprit.  But really, that's probably about as good of a GPU as you're going to get in an $800 pre-built from Amazon.

What do you mean by transfer your Win 10?  Did you have some computer with Windows 10 that died?  If so, then depending on the license, the answer could be:

1)  You can't transfer the license.
    2)  You kind of can transfer the license, but not legally.
    3)  Use a program from Microsoft's web site to create Windows 10 installation media, install it, and reuse the old Windows 10 key.
    the computer that I described shuts off and says overheating every hour or so if i try to play any game on it, however the temperature of the computer is never high, so something is wrong

I thought it was the video card so I replaced it about 6 months ago, but its still doing it

as far as Win 10, its already on this computer, but I don't know if I need another copy if I change other things

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sounds like the thermal paste needs renewing on the CPU and perhaps replacing the CPU cooler if you are using a stock cooler, they are notoriously bad.
    ceratop001
    Where does it say that it's overheating?  Or does it just shut off and you assume that it was due to overheating?

Post the complete system specs of what you have.  Include the power supply, motherboard, case, storage, and everything else.  If you don't know what power supply or motherboard you have, then open up the case and read the label.

Also, check all of your fans while the computer is running to make sure that they're spinning.  That includes fans for the case, power supply, video card, case, CPU, and any other fans that you happen to have in the system.  A simple visual check is all you need, but it has to be while the computer is running.

A CPU overheating would commonly lead to throttling, not a complete shutdown.  A power supply overheating could cause a complete shutdown, but that would be strange unless it's a caused by airflow gone wrong, such as if the power supply fan has died.  Speaking of which, if the power supply fan failed, that would explain your symptoms.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited December 2018
    -Retracted- Only 1 new one was in stock and is now gone, remaining are used.

That said, for $800 I can probably do better if I selected the parts myself.
    Post edited by Cleffy on
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Maybe check out some of the PC "stores" on Amazon

e.g. Dell, HP or other PC sellers like CyberPowerPC listed above in @Cleffy 's post.