Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem Developer Livestream Shows Off Gear & Progression + New Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAnthem Developer Livestream Shows Off Gear & Progression + New Trailer - MMORPG.com

Earlier this week, Anthem Producer Darrin McPherson and Lead Producer Ben Irving took to the airwaves for a live stream event. During the nearly hour-long broadcast the pair showed off how gear progresses throughout the game. They also took time to showcase "more Colossus and Ranger javelin gameplay".

Read the full story here

Comments

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Watched that yesterday and i have to admit i get more and more excited about Anthem.
    Looks good, nice System for builds, all in on Grind for Weapons and such alike, Story, Javlin appearance stuff, Bosses and much more.

I know i should not Pre Order Games in these Days we live in, but.....hmm...and yeah there is that "Demo" coming....but...hmm... :D
    ShadowStyleBConstantineMerus
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I didn't see any of this in the Alpha, but I'm not allowed to say that. :D

Still, glad to see that it's there and was just turned off.
    moshraShadowStyleBXarkochocolate42069

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

You can say it actually, the devs warned (on twitter) before the alpha that the Forge was going to be disabled because that's not something they wanted the test to focus on.
    Ilaya said:

I know i should not Pre Order Games in these Days we live in, but.....hmm...and yeah there is that "Demo" coming....but...hmm... :D
    Feb 1 to 3 is an open to all demo, no need to pre-order to access it.
    ShadowStyleBIlayaOctagon7711
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Ilaya said:

Watched that yesterday and i have to admit i get more and more excited about Anthem.

Looks good, nice System for builds, all in on Grind for Weapons and such alike, Story, Javlin appearance stuff, Bosses and much more.

Yeah, looking good. Love depth that comes from tons of build options and gear choices. Like Diablo level min-maxing builds + bonuses.
    Ilaya
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Glad they made a distinguished difference between appearance and customization.
    As to combos,i wish any developer would do combos as player to player and not solo combos ,otherwise it degrades the reason to be in a group.

Also glad to see them utilizing elements and status,two thumbs up there.

What we don't know is how the loot drop table works.IMO MOST devs miss the point that drops should be exactly what we see the npc foe using or wearing.I on't like the fake idea of some unbelievable random loot drop.In saying that,you do NOT need to gait the BEST weapon behind the toughest boss in game,you can have varied enemies wearing varied gear.
    What would make a foe a BOSS would be better AI and an overall better geared opponent.

Another area these system designers miss out on is the idea of gear improving over time.Example you might get a purple drop that is already the best of ,however you could find a common drop that could be progressed through various methods over time.Why i like the idea is because you are not gaiting the BEST OF always behind the toughest boss which is a VERY linear design.

The weapons should also have "components".

Overall they have the right idea going but i wish there were more than 3 classes and loadouts but of course this saves them time and cost of development.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "low expectations"most certainly what we should be doing otherwise we will be extremely disappointed.I already see this as being a very linear single player experience with cop op.The combat i see as most games now a days as being very spammy,just keep blasting away your combos for max dps rinse and repeat.I do not expect the strategy level to be very high.

Even though i expect linear lanes i still expect to see some marker on the screen showing you where to go...sigh.A word of advice for all devs,even a 7 year old kid is capable of figuring out stuff in games without hand holding markers.So unless they figure these are 3 year olds playing,don't bother.

Overall what i expect is what we have been doing for years already,blasting stuff in a new faced game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Great looking games but going to pass. It's EA/Bioware and it's already confirmed they will be pushing their political agenda in Anthem/Dragon Age 4.

I want to play video games to escape reality, not a "fantasy" reality simulator.
    AlomarPanserbjorne39
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    DMKano said:
    I am looking forward to this one - probably gonna get my 10-20 hours of fun and call it quits, but then again that's all I ever expect out of a game like Anthem.

Is 20 hours worth $60 - personally no, which is why I will just play this at friends house.

For me personally - it's about setting low expectations, then again that's just me.
    Setting low expectations given the current state of many game releases really isn't a bad position to take :)

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018

Bill, if you did get banned for this, I got your back!

The Javelins actually do look good.  Imo, better than Destiny with it's armor, but that's personal taste.  I love robots/mechs, and these look much like mechs.  I really liked Titanfall's mechs as they had a great "mech" feel to them.

Actually, Ubisoft, just scrap the current idea and purchase a license to turn this into a MechWarrior game.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I miss my Front Mission franchise so this really peaks my attention. Still, it's EA so I'll wait.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2018
    Anything looks good when you set the bar low I guess....Even if Bioware can 'redeem' themselves, at the end of the day EA is still their overlords.
    Alomar
  • TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    So is this an MMO? Or like Destiny where it's nearly a lobby game?

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    seems they've flown out a bunch of youtubers and whatnot to Stockholm to show off the game.
    lucky bastards! ;(

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Hopefully, it can replace outdated Warframe gameplay an graphics and animations for me.

Thank you for your time!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited December 2018
    Tyggs said:
    It's not a MMO (nothing massive about it) and not much like Destiny either unless you are one of those people who think "guns + loot = Destiny".

Public session are capped at 4 players, go private and you'll never see another player. There is no trading, no global chat, no player lobbies where everyone hangs out. Fort Tarsis, the quest hub, is 100% solo. There are even difficulty settings.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

azarhal said:

Tyggs said:

It's not a MMO (nothing massive about it) and not much like Destiny either unless you are one of those people who think "guns + loot = Destiny".

Public session are capped at 4 players, go private and you'll never see another player. There is no trading, no global chat, no player lobbies where everyone hangs out. Fort Tarsis, the quest hub, is 100% solo. There are even difficulty settings.

So it's an RPG with Co-op. Sounds a lot like Wildlands and MassEffect had a kid. That would explain why they wanted to work on the storyline some more.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Do they have bikini/mankini exoskeletons? Asking for a friend.
    Panserbjorne39RoinPoison_Girl

Thank you for your time!

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Legion Of The Guyver?

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    As a alpha tester myself i wish we got to play the game a bit more and try some stuff out but it was just server stuff.

So far so good though, they've got my money.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

"Bill Murphy banned from Anthem alpha and has entire Origin library removed" >:)

I still don't feel any interest or empathy for this game. I'm honestly not sure why, it looks to be a solid game, but for me it just doesn't inspire any want to play it. Its very strange. 

I think it goes to the fact if I want to play destiny then I will play destiny. If I want destiny with politics shoved down my throat I would play anthem. And if I want to play a good game then I would play neither. That could be it. It does appear to be in decent shape but I still need to play through GoW so think I would rather do that right now.

funny. so you mean... when you wanna play WARFRAME, you will play WARFRAME?

uh wait no, you already fell for the "copy", and now try to make some useless statement about a game being first which came like a year later, rightie then.

keep up your silly arguments. those games don't have a lot in common, and you would know if you played more than 1

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Poison_GirlPoison_Girl Member UncommonPosts: 34
    edited December 2018

Feb 1 to 3 is an open to all demo, no need to pre-order to access it.

Thanks for the info. I guess, I'll give it a try 'cos for now it looks really interesting.

azarhal