Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any old School MMORPG Players going to play Atlas?

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Jownz said:
    The great wide sea is easier to render. Also improvements to the Unreal engine are in place already. I'm sure it will be full of bugs but the performance should be better then ark.
    Yeah but going by the trailers that great wide sea is going to have stuff in it that you can go deeper into and explore so its not just "empty" water areas.
    KyleranPhry
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Why not try it and see if you like it?

If not, Refund it.

After all..It will be on Steam unlike that crap called Fallout 76.
    Phry

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    Lokero said:
    deniter said:

And even if they were, what happens if my ship's sailmaster or first mate has to go after a two hours long voyage at the sea?
    Well, we know for certain that you can hire NPC crew members to fill in.  Of course, that leaves the question of, "How useful are they?"

Plus, can they spawn right on your ship? Or, are you going to be sailing handicapped until you hit port to hire them?

Puzzle Pirates had an automated replacement system that worked well.  Once you got below a certain number of player crew, it automatically spawned NPCs to man stations/fight, etc..
    Hopefully, the Atlas devs are smart enough to do something like that, at the very least.

Will they have some type of teleport-to-ship system for bringing in players when you are far out?  These are some pretty important questions for a game like this.
    Exactly. And if an NPC crew is equally capable for its job as a player crew would be, do you really need other players at all to play this game? Wouldn't it be more "convenient" (had to use this word, apologies for that) to solo all the way and rely on AI crew all along?

I hope there will be some kind of offline mode where AI takes control of a player character when (s)he's not logged in but i don't want to see any teleports or other immersion breaking systems.
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited December 2018
    badermal said:
    it be will be very nice to see Old school mmorpg players and people from this forums to  play the new game Atlas so how many of them here going to play? 

+ it is really funny to see that  casuals and  survival games players to semi hardcore to  hardcore mmo players all are both going to play on same boat i dont know how this will be  
    but sure one of the group will  surely quit after month or 2 after release either causals or hardcore deponds on the game  if it  more of survival game like rust where we can build huge castle in 20 secs and get progress to highest with  2 weeks then mmo players will quit

if it is really deep mmo then  causals and other who only play  survival games will quit 
    so what do you think? hope it will be more of mmo and hardcore gameplay 
    It's not necessarily exclusive to want both. To want survival gameplay and progression. The issue it's an even smaller audience.

Something like this maybe:
    1000 - survival gameplay
    100 - both
    1000 - deep progression

If you make for both you're drastically cutting your audience size.
    deniter said:

I hope there will be some kind of offline mode where AI takes control of a player character when (s)he's not logged in but i don't want to see any teleports or other immersion breaking systems.
    I agree but I hope my offline char doesn't wind up

deniter
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Avanah said:

If not, Refund it.

Hater.  ;)
    Asheram

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    Tisn't my cup of tea I'm afraid.
    [Deleted User]Azaron_Nightbladecheyane

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Avanah said:

If not, Refund it.

I've no doubt many will do that and honestly that would be the 'safest' way to try the game. Personally i'll wait until its out of beta and has some solid reviews to back up any purchase decisions.  ;)
    [Deleted User]AsheramKyleranAlBQuirky
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Yar matey, I'm not into pirate games. Sorry. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    Great point,  pirates are normally "the bad guys" and  I have never related to or wanted to play a pirate game.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:
    Great point,  pirates are normally "the bad guys" and  I have never related to or wanted to play a pirate game.
    Hold up here: that's not so cut and dry!  Many of these pirates end up paid to do exactly what they were already doing, except for countries in a way those countries could distance themselves from the less than savory actions of the privateers.

In a game of war, are you worse than the main combatants merely because you aren't joining one of their sides?
    Asheram

Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:
    You play eve right, I hear this game is evelike. Space Pirate.
    edited December 2018
    Asheram said:
    Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:
    You play eve right, I hear this game is evelike. Space Pirate.
    I despised pirates in EVE and never would have joined such a corp.

The only group lower on the ladder for me was high sec war dec corps.
    Phry

• badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    alright so we got any clan from mmorpg players ? 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    will wait to see what happens with the game.  Server problems incoming, i think.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

badermal said:
    alright lol and yes like Kyleran said  hope they wont make me to continue my search for SB2 doing it since  September 2016 need a break  lol 
    I'd caution not to go into it looking for that game; it seems many players are disappointed when they go into a game with specific expectations.

The trailer looks like hella fun in a "this is ridiculous why is that whale and that giant hammerhead teaming up on my poor ship" kind of way.  If the technical side is solid, it seems like a pretty cool exploration type game with friends.

If it turns out good for what it is, I'd hate to see you disappointed because you hyped yourself for what it may not be.
    AlBQuirky

yes thats true  dont need to get hyped for it better need to wait and see how it performs before trying 
    MadFrenchie
    edited December 2018

The trailer looks like hella fun in a "this is ridiculous why is that whale and that giant hammerhead teaming up on my poor ship" kind of way. 

That sounds really fun.

It would be cool if devs made a really good pve experience, even one that wasnt really deep story wise but hooked you with combat mechanics then slowly added pvp into it.
    but i dont think people will do pve on pvp server  just little pve but not much but crafting building  yes then sure it happens but killing monster i dont think
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited December 2018
    badermal said:
    but i dont think people will do pve on pvp server  just little pve but not much but crafting building  yes then sure it happens but killing monster i dont think
    I think PVE server will be more than  PVP server , if the game good enough , that is .
    If you give a chose then most people will chose pve instead .
    Asheram said:

The trailer looks like hella fun in a "this is ridiculous why is that whale and that giant hammerhead teaming up on my poor ship" kind of way. 

That sounds really fun.

It would be cool if devs made a really good pve experience, even one that wasnt really deep story wise but hooked you with combat mechanics then slowly added pvp into it.
    Yea, the trailer did a great job of making it seem like you would stumble into a Moby Dick-style epic adventure at sea no matter which way you headed.

If they can actually pull that off, and keep the servers stable and the build mostly bug-free, this looks like a great time.  However, Wildcard has to prove they can pull it together without server or stability issues.  Oh, and it'd be nice if it didn't run like molasses on all but the most powerfully cutting edge rigs today. :D

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    I'm waiting for reviews to know what's actually there.
    craftseekerPhry

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

edited December 2018

I know I am going to have to buy a better pc to play this,  :'(
    Sry to double post but just saw this. Three minute gameplay video coming sometime in the next couple of days too.

edited December 2018
    lol it wouldnt be good idea to have 3 min gameplay in couple of days when game itself going to release in  couple of days though lol
    but for people like me who dont buy it on launch day it will good to see some gameplay