Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Gameplay Update - Live Stream Replay - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Gameplay Update - Live Stream Replay - MMORPG.com

The Ashes of Creation team was on hand yesterday for a live stream event and has posted the replay on YouTube. "Glorious MMO Fans, we wanted to show you an update with some early Alpha gameplay from the MMORPG. Alpha One starts soon for Verra!! This footage is an early look at preparing for Alpha One, and has still some placeholder UI and the hybrid combat system has not been constructed yet. Enjoy this update on the development and we cannot wait to see you in game soon!"

Read the full story here

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Yeah..... Definitely a pass for me. It looks so mundane and uninspiring.
    TenohiraBad.dogbgzgamerNephethdeniterAlomargastovski1Maurgrim
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    @Staff
    May want to change the Title hyperlink from "Play Now" to "Sign Up".

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Geesh, Those Baby Spiders took quite some time to kill. I mean...I would think HP would be rather low...lol.
  • bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Continuously unimpressed by this game. Sure they have cool VFX but it seems to oversaturate the combat visuals even with three people. I cant imagine what its like with 20 or more people blasting a target with spells. By now we should know visuals are important but aren't everything. Yes I'm taking in to account that it's in alpha and this could be placeholder or is subject to change. The only thing I like about any of it is their node system. I dont see what dynamic they are bringing that is new or refreshing other than the node system.
    SignexsakinolNephethAlomaraustinmawbezado
  • HJ-NavarreHJ-Navarre Hero's Journey GMMember UncommonPosts: 104
    Why are their toons running everywhere with weapons in hand? Looking forward to playing but not a fan of the current character models & animations.
    sakinolbezado
  • TenohiraTenohira Member UncommonPosts: 14
    So negative for early stages of Alpha for this game.
    Scot[Deleted User]
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Always pleasantly surprised by the progress they are making on this one. Still not jumping in as a supporter, but Sorcs definitely making progress on his game. Win win for him if it gets popular and recaptures some of the original Archeage magic.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • tinnistinnis Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited December 2018
  • TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Looks like it could be cool

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Was there a neckbeard competition at the office?
    Scot
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • ominatorominator Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Looks like Bless Online. 30K at launch, 3K 3 months later.
    Bad.dog
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Well lucky for you there's a steaming pile of action combat games for you to choose from.
  • DekahnDekahn Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Definitely a big no for me.
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

goboygo said:

Well lucky for you there's a steaming pile of action combat games for you to choose from.

Like what Ashes of Creation is currently showing us?
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    I swear the game keeps making me less and less interested. Everything looks a bit uninspired and the combat seems to have no punch to it, not oomph to any of the abilities.

Plus the fact the animations still seem to be ripped straight out of Paragon.
    Slapshot1188
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    I'm a backer, and the amount of of progress they have made in such a short period of time has been impressive but yeah I really hope the models and animations are nowhere near final because they look bad lol.
  • Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    I think these tunings are a double edged sword. On one hand, people can get hyped for your new game. On the other hand, they can watch the rough unpolished stuff, pick apart all the negatives and lose interest in the game before it even releases.
    Alomar
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The structures look good and as i have been saying of late,the artists work looks great as it usually does in games.
    The character models and gear is super LOW poly and that is NOT good.It is very close to playing a Baldur's gate type game with puny little characters.

The world however looking good from an artist's standpoint has literally ZERO animation.
    Now as to the common excuse of EARLY game,i do NOT expect the character models to be much better and i also do not expect much animation in the world.
    So art work is great but having UGLY puny characters might not sit well with many people because guess what,we like our characters to look good.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    I feel they also missed out on a great opportunity to build a game based on the title.
    ASHES of creation sounds like a game where a player perhaps rises from the ashes of death back to the world.It would also inspire the ability to build the world from scratch,allowing players to build on small plots and seek the world for information on your existence or coming back to life,build a whole story around the ashes of creation theme.
    Instead it sort of looks like they are building an EQ1 with slightly updated graphics.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

achesoma said:

Was there a neckbeard competition at the office?

You...really do not know what that term means.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited December 2018
    LOL obvious lies. Thats not the MMO thats the BR. Or are they just trying to trick people into thinking thats an MMO play through?

Also a BR where cover doesnt matter is going to be so huge its not even funny (sarcasm).

The more they put out the bigger the fail becomes with this one. going to edit. Might have gotten linked to the wrong video or the wrong video is linked. BUt I did find this one THAT one is MMO. But it is also a damage control video where theyre saying "hey look over here we are STILL making the MMO dont worry about the BR". Problem is its the same stuff we saw almost a year ago. From February:
    SpiritalkerGdemami
  • Poison_GirlPoison_Girl Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Welp, there's a big difference between february and december version. It's not only about graphics, you know. I'm glad that they show it to us.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Welp, there's a big difference between february and december version. It's not only about graphics, you know. I'm glad that they show it to us.

Welcome to the boards!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    It seems fine to me considering this is not meant to be a playable version. Posters main criticism seems to be the amount of sfx in combat, well you can turn that down by lowering particle physics, not a big deal.
    [Deleted User]