Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA's lesson to Blizzard, Bethesda and Valve

DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,552
Maurgrimcoretex666MisterZebubKyleranIselinkitaradAzaron_NightbladeparrotpholkdeniterAlBQuirky

Comments

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,642
    Nice one :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,350
    edited December 2018
    So appropriate,  because it highlights the fact despite multiple missteps, EA still makes money hand over fist.

I guess because many gamers are either very forgiving, desperate, or stupid, take your pick.

Of course it helps if you buy out all possible contenders....
    AlBQuirky

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
    Pfft...that was in the memes thread last week...from me! :D But it is so good is really does deserve its own thread. Well done. :D
    MadFrenchieKellerparrotpholkdeniterLiandreth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    Of course when it comes to studios coming under the thrall of EA it usually ends a bit more like this story.

Kyleranparrotpholkdeniter

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,350
    Of course when it comes to studios coming under the thrall of EA it usually ends a bit more like this story.

Almost right,  but when studios get acquired by EA usually the former "heads" are the first to be lipped off.

DMKano

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,726
    LOL! GG xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    Kyleran said:

Almost right,  but when studios get acquired by EA usually the former "heads" are the first to be lipped off.

I was going more for the treated like a thing instead of a person or persons angle. EA thoughtlessly disposing of the people that made the company they bought great in the first place is all part of that.

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    SBFord said:
    Pfft...that was in the memes thread last week...from me! :D But it is so good is really does deserve its own thread. Well done. :D
    No bias there, right @SBFord ? :wink:
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602

Poor bastard got replaced by a chicken.......granted a chicken that can do math is pretty sweet.
    MisterZebub
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,347
    I'd like to see also Firaxis up there next to Valve guy (they just couldn't make it with Civilization 6).

But even though gaming companies suck big time these days it's good to see movies are getting better and better every year (you can't go wrong with Coen brothers, can you?).