Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shroud of the Avatar Release 61 Includes Krampus & Fishing Phase 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageShroud of the Avatar Release 61 Includes Krampus & Fishing Phase 2 - MMORPG.com

On Thursday, December 13th, Shroud of the Avatar players will be able to log into the game to find both a celebratory holiday event and even more to love about fishing with the deployment of its second phase. Release 61 also comes with QoL improvements, bug fixes and much more, according to the team.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    It's getting better all the time. Performance has been majorly improved in the last few months.

The Fire Water Swamp is destined to be the new Upper Tears, but so much better since it isn't just a single grind spot in a hole.

Everybody is going to be out fishing today though, those lava fish look fantastic.

Shroud is finally coming into its own.
    urinal_gooseblamo2000JamesGoblin
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507

It's getting better all the time. Performance has been majorly improved in the last few months.

The Fire Water Swamp is destined to be the new Upper Tears, but so much better since it isn't just a single grind spot in a hole.

Everybody is going to be out fishing today though, those lava fish look fantastic.

This is not troll comment. But serious.. Did they pay you to write that? The changes are minimal and as of now on steam 210 people online..
    Diabhualurinal_gooseIce-QueenEarthgirlJamesGoblin

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Oh look, a "new" poster to the forums.  

Welcome back, how long you reckon this round will last? 

:D 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I actually enjoy this game, but I stopped playing because of big performance issues and clunky character and UI interactions. If they improve those two things i'll definitely keep playing. I'm surprised I would rather play this game than many so called AAA mmos out there. Right now It almost feels like a poor version of a good RPG.

I hope they improve it. And if it dies, i hope i can keep playing offline since offline mode is one of it's biggest selling points to me personally.
    JemAs666VladamirBegemotKyleranblamo2000tweedledumb99

I actually enjoy this game, but I stopped playing because of big performance issues and clunky character and UI interactions. If they improve those two things i'll definitely keep playing. I'm surprised I would rather play this game than many so called AAA mmos out there. Right now It almost feels like a poor version of a good RPG.

I hope they improve it. And if it dies, i hope i can keep playing offline since offline mode is one of it's biggest selling points to me personally.

Improvement took a big jump again this month. It's still best played on an SSD with at least 8 gigs of RAM I'm sure, but it's getting better every month.

As of this month I've seen zero hitching, which was a major problem recently.
    rojoArcueidurinal_gooseKyleran

Mensur said:

This is not troll comment. But serious.. Did they pay you to write that? The changes are minimal and as of now on steam 210 people online..

No they didn't. And no I'm not an RMT. Yes people play and like the game. Most of them don't bother to post on these forums anymore due to personal attacks, as we've already seen in this comments section.

I'm fishing in a party of six right now. World chat is going by fast enough that it's hard to keep up if you're doing something else. Life is good in game.
    Mikehatweedledumb99
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    annnnnnnnnnnnd .. queue the comments

DAMNIT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIRST COMMENT BUT I DIDNT LOGIN :(
    Kyleran
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    edited December 2018

2016 I sold a few things right after persistence. That's not a business. Real money traders have a business. If you sell your car, are you now a used car dealer? No.

"Cordelayne 
    Once again, Vlad shows that S'Mart not only has EVERYTHING you are looking for, but also the best prices!"

If I sell a car or just a few items people will not refer to me as S'Mart and praise me for having everything.
    urinal_goose
    Harbinger of Fools

Dakeru said:

2016 I sold a few things right after persistence. That's not a business. Real money traders have a business. If you sell your car, are you now a used car dealer? No.

"Cordelayne 
    Once again, Vlad shows that S'Mart not only has EVERYTHING you are looking for, but also the best prices!"

If I sell a car or just a few items people will not refer to me as S'Mart and praise me for having everything.

Crafted goods in game for in game gold isn't RMT. I can make everything. Yeah. It's a great merchant simulator. People who play Eve and come over love Shroud.

I know that you guys have a real need to shut people down if they like the game, to the point where some of you are now impersonating me in places across the web. It's sad, just let people enjoy the game they play and if you don't, go do something else instead of resorting to personal attacks.
    Kylerantweedledumb99
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Do they now allow more than one character? I enjoyed it when I played, but I have a real hard time getting back into a game without starting a new character. And if they do allow more than one character now would I have to buy the additional character slots or do they allow more than one for free?

blamo2000 said:

Do they now allow more than one character? I enjoyed it when I played, but I have a real hard time getting back into a game without starting a new character. And if they do allow more than one character now would I have to buy the additional character slots or do they allow more than one for free?

Whether you have to buy extras or not depends on when you got the game.

You can also throw all your stuff in the bank, mail the gold to yourself, and then delete your character and start over. You'll have the stuff and the gold will arrive in the mail on the new one.
    Kyleran
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

blamo2000 said:

You can also throw all your stuff in the bank, mail the gold to yourself, and then delete your character and start over. You'll have the stuff and the gold will arrive in the mail on the new one.
    I got the game when it went on steam EA, but I did not buy the KS package with the extra slots included.  Did they add extra character slots for people like me?  I don't want to delete my existing character - that's a lot of work wasted, especially if I like his build better than the new build I would try with a new character.

And yes I know you can change builds by "un"training current skills and using new ones and grinding them up.  That also is something I am not interested in.

If I have to buy a new slot that's fine as long as it isn't a ridiculous price.  But if you could confirm if I get one for free or have to buy one that they definitely did add extra character slots?

blamo2000 said:

blamo2000 said:

I got the game when it went on steam EA, but I did not buy the KS package with the extra slots included.  Did they add extra character slots for people like me?  I don't want to delete my existing character - that's a lot of work wasted, especially if I like his build better than the new build I would try with a new character.

And yes I know you can change builds by "un"training current skills and using new ones and grinding them up.  That also is something I am not interested in.

If I have to buy a new slot that's fine as long as it isn't a ridiculous price.  But if you could confirm if I get one for free or have to buy one that they definitely did add extra character slots?

blamo2000 said:

blamo2000 said:

Sounds like you might have extra slots. To check, log in and hit "Select Avatar". You might also be able to check via your account info on the website.

I should have mentioned, there's a book of respeccing coming into the inventory of people who log in during this release which will let you totally wipe your character or a skill tree, and all that XP goes back into your pool. So training up a new spec will be really fast because with a giant pool, the points move into skills in big chunks.
    blamo2000
  • urinal_gooseurinal_goose Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Be very skeptical of anyone praising this game...many of these people are deeply invested in SotA, financially and personally, and try to gloss over just what a mess the game and its developer are in.

Regardless, it's free to play until the inevitable shutdown, so give it a try if you're interested. Just don't get too attached.
    tweedledumb99