Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World of Warcraft Shop Mount - The Vulpine Familiar - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageNew World of Warcraft Shop Mount - The Vulpine Familiar - MMORPG.com

Blizzard has released a brand new shop mount, a flying fox called the Vulpine Familiar. The mount is $25 and may just be the perfect holiday gift for your favorite WoW player.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    You know....I want the mount, I wont lie, however, this feels like the worst time. Summer would've been the best time since people will actually be able to fly with it in the new zones. Oh well.
    Thahar
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yeah, agreed there @albatroes

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    What I like about it is that when it's on the ground, the wings disappear. When flying, they appear. It's serviceable as both. :)
    AmatheTruvidien88

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I would have bought one, back when I played WoW. I wonder if it howls?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

SBFord said:

What I like about it is that when it's on the ground, the wings disappear. When flying, they appear. It's serviceable as both. :)

This is an important point. Mounts that have wings that basically slow you down while grounded are (no pun intended) a drag.

SBFord

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

SBFord said:

Yeah, I believe the hearthsteed does that too which is pretty cool. Lol it just honestly looks like my dog at home so I almost bought it immediately, although now that you said that I'll have to watch her more now just to make sure she doesn't have wings. But if she does....$$$$
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Son of a... I barely have 2 hours of played for the past 2 weeks, yet I'll go and get this... I hate myself.
    SBFordKeller
    Son of a... I barely have 2 hours of played for the past 2 weeks, yet I'll go and get this... I hate myself.
    OMG so much this... :D
    XingbairongKellerAmathe

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited December 2018

SBFord said:

OMG so much this... :D

Sigh already bought it... Guess I'll go play now. At least assault(incursion w/e) is up on EU atm :P

P.S. It's a really nice mount tho. Love it.
    SBFord
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,725
    Will go well with my Lightening Paw.
    SBFord
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Wow, sexy!
    SBFord

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Sigh the mount isn't even in the store LOL Seriously this patch is a fail, even some of the paladin new visuals never made it!
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I haven't played WoW since the midway of Legion. I show this to my girlfriend and she's like "We're playing Wow!"
    SBFord
    Sigh the mount isn't even in the store LOL Seriously this patch is a fail, even some of the paladin new visuals never made it!
    Eh? What's this then?

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-vulpine-familiar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,052
    Disgusting with all the failing they are having that they have the nerve to sell a mount. They should be giving subs a mount, not selling.
    mmolou
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Their failing netted them a Gamer's Choice award.
    Octagon7711
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    This just reminds me that I still haven't got the damn item that starts the quest to get the Legion Fox mount. My Withered are all crack Commandos but nothing yet on the fox hunt :/
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited December 2018
    They should consider adding some talents to mounts. How about a mount that can stealth you for a short time or aoe fear, or blink?  That is a good looking mount by the way.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I haven't played the game since they had that invasion thingy but can still admire a good looking mount.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142

Torval said:

You guys make me cry sometimes. After all the disappointment and outrage this year over their casual disregard for their fanbase we're excited over a new cash shop mount. The expansion isn't "fixed" and won't be until it's nearly run its course, if all. The despair of futility.

That's pretty much the way it always seems to go huh. Stupid Blizzard blah blah.... Oh look a new thingy...take my money! It's a vicious cycle.

[Deleted User]Dhamon99
  • J_JonesJ_Jones Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I want the mount. Absolutely cute.
  • iliychiliych Member CommonPosts: 4
    how cute. i want this mount <3
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Awesome mount, time to make a good game to use it in :p

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    It's just a mount. I don't understand all the crying.
    mmolou