Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breach - Arcane Mender Class Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageBreach - Arcane Mender Class Trailer - MMORPG.com

The Breach team is ready to show off yet another of the playable heroes coming with the game. This time, the spotlight shines on the Arcane Menders. These versatile characters "can do more than just provide healing skills. They can also use the Guardian Sprite ability to apply a damage shield to [themselves] or an ally and build up Transcendent Blast" that can do some serious damage.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    So it's going to be like it happens in other games with healer classes: you either play as healer or you queue for a dungeon and wait for healer. And wait. And wait...

Only Rift didn't have this problem since almost every class has healing spec.

Thank you for your time!

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

3dom said:

So it's going to be like it happens in other games with healer classes: you either play as healer or you queue for a dungeon and wait for healer. And wait. And wait...

It is kind of like that in Breach as well. Basically you have many classes that have several abilities like the ones described in the trailed and you can play with those from the get-go. As you level the class though you certain skill slots become unlocked and the skill that was originally in that skill slot become available to use for all classes that use the same weapon.
    Another thing that prevents the game from becoming a waiting-for-healer-thon would be that you can actually avoid all of the damage if you are good enough... at least in theory although most of the time you would have a lot of shit flying toward you so it might be impossible to dodge it all. Still usually a single healing skill would be more than enough to get your team through the mission. Also there are potions and a lot of self-healing or shielding skills in the game.
    3domValdheim
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

3dom said:

Rift has this problem too! (or at least "had" -- I uninstalled when the Gamigo news broke) There were always plenty of people queued for DPS but even though all classes had a healing spec, most people queuing didn't want to play it. Same thing for tanks. My wife and I would queue up as a tank/healer pair and gets insta pops though.

Anyways, back to the OT, it looks like that Arcane Mender only has one attack? I'd have liked to see a little more info on it... it doesn't really seem like a viable class if grouping is going to be required. I mean, I love the crap outta playing healers but sometimes I only have a 20 minute time gap to play so looking for a group is usually going to eat too much of that.
  • elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

Samhael said:

3dom said:

Rift has this problem too! (or at least "had" -- I uninstalled when the Gamigo news broke) There were always plenty of people queued for DPS but even though all classes had a healing spec, most people queuing didn't want to play it. Same thing for tanks. My wife and I would queue up as a tank/healer pair and gets insta pops though.

Anyways, back to the OT, it looks like that Arcane Mender only has one attack? I'd have liked to see a little more info on it... it doesn't really seem like a viable class if grouping is going to be required. I mean, I love the crap outta playing healers but sometimes I only have a 20 minute time gap to play so looking for a group is usually going to eat too much of that.

The game is not really a MMO as there isn't really an overworld to explore - just the missions and a hub area apparently, so it would not be really that hard to find groups.
    Also there are limited number of skills - just 5 and you also have a basic attack that is based on your weapon.
    Thane
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

elveone said:

Samhael said:

3dom said:

The game is not really a MMO as there isn't really an overworld to explore - just the missions and a hub area apparently, so it would not be really that hard to find groups.

Also there are limited number of skills - just 5 and you also have a basic attack that is based on your weapon.

yep, lobby based action game.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    uh and just for those following the link in the vid to "play breach now", dont get up your hopes, there is nothing to play for free atm

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    From what I'm seeing it feels like Skyforge 2.0.
    To me personally it looks appealing and if they don't make it in a way that "forces" you to play daily to keep up with everyone else this could be a really good side game.

Btw anyone know if there is a release date or any news about that? Not pre-ordering games that don't even have a release date anymore. I've learned my lesson :P

Btw one good thing that I saw is that pre-ordering any of the packs doesn't guarantee access to earlier testing. I like that. Games that sale access to their alpha/beta testing almost always end up being crap nowadays. It almost feel like they know the game isn't going to do well, so they try to bank on alpha/beta access packs.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    3dom said:

Play a healer.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Thane said:
    uh and just for those following the link in the vid to "play breach now", dont get up your hopes, there is nothing to play for free atm
    Why does it have to be free?