Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Checklist

Checklist: 
1) it will definitely be released. 
2) it has an extremely long time before doing so. 
3) it will be a bad release (not going into detail). 
4) most will not be able to play it on their computers, where as they normally should. 
5) most will be playing on Very Low settings. 
6) this will be an upset to this community here and talked about for a long time. 
7) some will stick it out no matter what. 

This has nothing to do with game play, it will have very rich and rewarding fun.  But have everything to do with coding.  It will be a mess ! 

I for one want this game bad.  I'm a huge fan.  But I'll be forced to wait to see gameplay videos.  I'll ignore reviews because they will definitely be 100% bad.  

At some point in the future I'll be playing... see you in game :)

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    People here hate my grammar, I can't spell, I don't take my time.  

Some find it fun and find hummer in it all and can't wait for my next post.  Their the openminded ones that like a good laugh.  

Others ignore bad grammar and focus on the point however bad it's presented.  

One thing for sure, no one can put into words exactly what's wrong with my post.  Words can't describe it... It's just off !!

What's my point you may ask ? 
    Pantheon will be a video game version of my grammar.
    ConstantineMerusXarkoWaan
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

What's my point you may ask ? 
    Pantheon will be a video game version of my grammar.
    <3 
    delete5230
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    We get it, you don't like Unity engine.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Can you define "an extremely long time"? I wasn't aware they announced a schedule. 
    --------------------------------------------
  • BluelinerBlueliner Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Yay! more complaining, just what we need!
    KyleranMrMelGibson
    edited December 2018
    Xarko said:
    Xarko said:

Is that why the characters turns like stiff chess peace's, their legs don't move.  They also seem like their photo shopped into the environment.  Doesn't look natural.  This is the same EXACT thing I've seen in EQ2 back in 2004. 

I could go on and on with bad coding and strange anomalies but everyone seems to only see the nice shadows and the glow of the beautiful fires and the nice sun sets. 

Now I don't care about animation or graphic or looks... I'm very concerned, about programming.  
    Xarko
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Fortune-teller posts like the OP's, which are based off of no real inside information, serve no purpose other than to hurt the game.

Let's pretend for a second you happen to be right on all of your extremely imprecise predictions, what good does that do anybody? You get to pat yourself on the back for making an educated guess in a year?

On the other hand, if you are wrong and the game doesn't have all the launch & performance issues you describe, then what? Sure, your credibility as a clairvoyance will be in jeopardy, but other than that, you have absolutely nothing to lose.

You say you're a "huge fan", but why even make this post? What good do you expect to come of this? Do you think the devs will read this and suddenly change course?

Brad has already talked in-depth about learning from the performance problems and bugs that plagued the Vanguard launch. And instead, how they are designing Pantheon to be played on lower end computers, and that it will only launch when it's ready.

But being the huge fan that you are, I'm sure you already know this. So I ask again, what's your point?

KyleranMrMelGibson
    --------------------------------------------
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Fortune-teller posts like the OP's, which are based off of no real inside information, serve no purpose other than to hurt the game.

Let's pretend for a second you happen to be right on all of your extremely imprecise predictions, what good does that do anybody? You get to pat yourself on the back for making an educated guess in a year?

On the other hand, if you are wrong and the game doesn't have all the launch & performance issues you describe, then what? Sure, your credibility as a clairvoyance will be in jeopardy, but other than that, you have absolutely nothing to lose.

You say you're a "huge fan", but why even make this post? What good do you expect to come of this? Do you think the devs will read this and suddenly change course?

Brad has already talked in-depth about learning from the performance problems and bugs that plagued the Vanguard launch. And instead, how they are designing Pantheon to be played on lower end computers, and that it will only launch when it's ready.

But being the huge fan that you are, I'm sure you already know this. So I ask again, what's your point?

I mean, there is a definite possibility that he cares, A LOT, that people pay attention to him.
    KyleranMrMelGibson

I mean, there is a definite possibility that he cares, A LOT, that people pay attention to him.
    EXACTLY, I care a lot... This game will make or break Old School, and can knock it back into the stone ages if done bad.  

What's my point ?..... What's anyone's point?.... it's a message board, nothing matters what anyone say.  
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    edited December 2018

EXACTLY, I care a lot... This game will make or break Old School, and can knock it back into the stone ages if done bad.  

What's my point ?..... What's anyone's point?.... it's a message board, nothing matters what anyone say.  
    What's the point of anything, man? Like, totally. We're all gonna die anyway. We might as well believe in something, even if that something is a fantasy of potential.
  • bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    these are all just allegations until they are backed up factually.  

Until you can provide resolutions, all youre doing is complaining.  Its all ive ever seen you do.  Its unbecoming for how much you "care" about the game.

Stop.
    bng28 said:

Until you can provide resolutions, all youre doing is complaining.  Its all ive ever seen you do.  Its unbecoming for how much you "care" about the game.

Stop.
    Your right, you made your point, I'll stop.  

I do care deeply about the game, I'm sure more than most. 
    As it stands right now it's not looking good, I don't care if it's pre-alpha, it will not play well when it's done...I see a lot of Vanguard in this game.   It could be our last chance. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited December 2018
    No use fretting over how the game will turn out, as has been said before, "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

Same for getting a good game or not, it will either happen...or it won't regardless of our concerns.
    WellspringLtldoggMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited December 2018
    bng28 said:

Stop.

As it stands right now it's not looking good, I don't care if it's pre-alpha, it will not play well when it's done...I see a lot of Vanguard in this game.   It could be our last chance. 
    IF it's indeed pre-alpha then it has a great excuse.

Delete take a step back please.

This is what I played in 2012 (timestamp is 2012!):

I still play it. It has more bloat, but I forgive it.

There were no player animations back then. The built-in wiki functioned as the gateway between the player and the game. The graphics were 10 years old in most ways. The models weren't all the same. Some were newer with more polygons. When they added the new player models in 2013-14, they didn't look right next to the old ones. I could go on and on about Wurm logic. It's the HEART of the game that matters. It had a strong heart. The mess wasn't able to overwhelm it.

Life is filled with contradiction and mess. I'll admit the mess can hurt a game--as it does rl. But a strong heart<-- nothing beats that.
    delete5230KyleranMrMelGibsonAmathe
    bng28 said:

Stop.

IF it's indeed pre-alpha then it has a great excuse.

Delete take a step back please.

This is what I played in 2012 (timestamp is 2012!):

I still play it. It has more bloat, but I forgive it.

There were no player animations back then. The built-in wiki functioned as the gateway between the player and the game. The graphics were 10 years old in most ways. The models weren't all the same. Some were newer with more polygons. When they added the new player models in 2013-14, they didn't look right next to the old ones. I could go on and on about Wurm logic. It's the HEART of the game that matters. It had a strong heart. The mess wasn't able to overwhelm it.

Life is filled with contradiction and mess. I'll admit the mess can hurt a game--as it does rl. But a strong heart<-- nothing beats that.
    I'll do that, I'll soften up on this subject.  I hate that someone has to say please, its a humble way of asking someone to cut the shit.... But it does work none the less.  

I really really want this game to work.  I LOVE the vision, but hate the "bloat" of the graphics.  A very good mmorpg should allow millions to play... the more the better.  I'm afraid that it will have the vision but be unplayable.  I see Pantheon going down the same-ole rocky road as EQ2 and Vanguard did along with a huge development time messing around with bad coding.  Not sure of the entire history but Microsoft may have given Sigil a lot of time, and a lot of it waisted.  Only for them to do it all over again with this game.  

Anyway this is the last I'll bring this up.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    I think i need to figure out what drugs he has gotten ahold of so i can start to divine all these things from the ether as he has.  Then i'll know precisely what's going to happen!
    MrMelGibson

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Hrimnir said:
    I think i need to figure out what drugs he has gotten ahold of so i can start to divine all these things from the ether as he has.  Then i'll know precisely what's going to happen!
    Perhaps he will share winning lottery numbers with us?

Then we can sit around all day complaining about all the MMOs we don't play.

;)
    MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    edited December 2018
    Xarko said:
    Xarko said:

Is that why the characters turns like stiff chess peace's, their legs don't move.  They also seem like their photo shopped into the environment.  Doesn't look natural.  This is the same EXACT thing I've seen in EQ2 back in 2004. 

I could go on and on with bad coding and strange anomalies but everyone seems to only see the nice shadows and the glow of the beautiful fires and the nice sun sets. 

Now I don't care about animation or graphic or looks... I'm very concerned, about programming.  
    You do realize that characters turning like stiff chess pieces has nothing to do with coding and everything to do with animation, right?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

I really hope you like this game Delete (if it gets released) because you have invested a lot of energy posting about it.
    KyleranKumaponMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Xarko said:
    Unity is a pile, I know these guys know how to program, Im not sure why they choose this engine.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I never had a lot of problems with the EQ series or Vanguard but game play for me after 40 or so years has to be a certain way.
    I have already played all the systems and various designs,i now need a HQ game.
    I can't speak for others but i don't want some average game with a new face,i don't want to relive some EQ experience again with a new face,i want to be able to walk through a game and not shake my head or not say WTF is this.

I don't want to simply group because grouping makes sense in a mmo,i need the game to make sense ,i need systems to make sense and be done very well.Otherwise,i'll just play games i already own and enjoy.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    As to Unity,i usually side with the developers feeling that it is up to the dev to make the game and not the engine but i have NEVER seen anything good come from Unity.However in saying that,it could very well be the developer's fault and not the engine because i have never even tried or opened up the Unity engine to know what it can do.

Maybe this game will be the FIRST to make Unity proud..ummm..lol not likely.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.