Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Burning Lands is EverQuest's 25th Expansion & It's Available Today - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Burning Lands is EverQuest's 25th Expansion & It's Available Today - MMORPG.com

Today's another big day in the life of EverQuest as its twenty-fifth expansion launches. Called The Burning Lands, the expansion that comes with all the goodies players expect including a half dozen new zones to explore complete with raids, dungeons and quests. There are new spells, combat abilities and AAs as well as the new "luck" stat and new collections to amass.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    If a tree falls in a forest ......

does the bear crap in the woods?

Something like that.

:)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited December 2018

Whoever started the post on mmorpg should provide a lifetime of content look no further. If I did not hate the UI more than brussel sprouts I would still play this game but just cannot go back to that. This is awesome for the folks who still play though but at some point the servers will explode from the bloatedness of it all.

Pro-Tip: go to a good restaurant and look for roasted or Charred Brussel Sprouts. It makes it wayyyy better. And I think Brussel Sprouts are the evil.
    KyleranConstantineMerus
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    Whoever started the post on mmorpg should provide a lifetime of content look no further. If I did not hate the UI more than brussel sprouts I would still play this game but just cannot go back to that. This is awesome for the folks who still play though but at some point the servers will explode from the bloatedness of it all.
    UHHHHHHH, you can change the UI since like 2003 or so. Now download and go play damnit!
    Kyleran

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    The hamsters in the servers must be ancient gurus by now!
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Good for the players. Wonder though whether today's release (plus the coming reveal) and the lay-offs announced yesterday are not connected. Wouldn't be the first time folks have been laid off after completion. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Too many expansions for such a short time,it really shows how fast these devs are whipping out content.
    Connected?I don't think so,i am pretty sure they do not have separate teams,they have a team that moves from game to game.H1Z1 has dropped off so badly the league got cancelled so i would say they are just moving from EQ1>Eq2>Eq1,this ship is almost empty and sunk.

I am still not sure if Smedley's vision of mobile gaming was the truth behind the sale,i mean he made that excuse but he was in charge,he could have done mobile at SOE.So it tells me they had not enough cash flow,losing money and needed to sell which is also why Landmark and then H1Z1 was whipped out of nowhere so quickly to try and generate some cash flow.

IMO Smed and SOE got incredibly lucky,H1Z1 did way better than anyone could imagine and likely aided in the sale to DBG.I still however do not think DBG bought in for gaming,they simply figured ,ok we can't lose too much,maybe make a bit and get a business in the USA.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    gervaise1 said:
    Good for the players. Wonder though whether today's release (plus the coming reveal) and the lay-offs announced yesterday are not connected. Wouldn't be the first time folks have been laid off after completion. 
    25 does seem like a good number to end the expansion train on.
    Oh 26 could happen it just might take .... a while.
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    I doubt the engine will stop anytime soon. These expansions are cheap to produce, and the same people sub, who've been subbed for over a decade... EQ is their life, and they aren't looking to move on.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2018
    I love EQ2, its good to see its still getting development. I'd be playing it if the engine wasn't so bad and performed so terribly on MY PC.

For those looking for an oldschool style MMO (but isn't too old), EQ2 is really good and one of the best ones and its a good time to start with the burning lands expansion released for it. There is a lot to do outside of raids/quests...collections, best housing system of any MMO what so ever as far as themepark MMOs go and its a great MMO.

I might pick up burning lands next month and come back to EQ2 to play it. Looks like it adds a ton of content for it.
    mmolou

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I cant imagine the cost of 19 years of subs plus 25 expansions....plus whatever cash shop purchases
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Since when is this...

• Luck Stat – A brand new stat that influences just how lucky you are! This stat will randomly increase the amount of gold in your split, the amount of critical damage you do, your chance to succeed at a trade-skill combine, and much more!
    • 6 Expansion Zones – You’ll adventure throughout the grand and fantastic environments and architecture of the Planes of Fire, Air, and Smoke!
    • New Raids, Quests, and Missions
    • New Spells, Combat Abilities, and AAs
    • New Collections
    An expansion?

I think we need to have a conversation about when to stop.

It's just sad looking at this site https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    edited December 2018
    I would pay for an EQ expansion where the only feature is player characters strafing correctly...

Honestly I'm happy for those who are still going strong in game. For me personally, if they aren't planning another EQ, update it to a high definition version with updated sounds, effects, UI, graphics, etc. I love the idea and "style" of EQ but the environment of the game is just not good enough.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Asheron's Call had 200 expansions, and they were all included with the sub fee 
    Thuplimalikhigh1978
  • malikhigh1978malikhigh1978 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Man, I miss AC. I would love an updated version made with the UR4 engine, and modernized with PvP and everything. I bet it would be a hit. I miss xp chains, having a REAL reason to go out with your allegiance, and really feeling accomplished soloing the lugie citadels at low level with no buffs, lol.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    It has more expansions than the number of years it has been in existence.
    Chamber of Chains