Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak is announcing a new game on Thursday

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Everquest Battle Royale!

[Deleted User]RueTheWhirlTheocritus

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Oh lets hope its another terrible mobile game!
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Aelious said:
    Something to use all the resources players created in Landmark for "EQN"?

They may as well at this point. They've been backed into a corner it seems and need to fight.

I really hope they are smarter than to release a battle arena of some sort. Competing with their own product, which is at the bottom of the BR totem pole already, would not make sense. I imagine an EQ BR would not attract enough EQ fans for it to be popular (And AoC is already doing this).

My hope is that they built out an MMO (EQ theme or otherwise) with all those LM entities since it's closure. It's been long enough to do so if they figure out a way to make land masses bigger than the islands and designed a more robust combat system.

Edit: And it would be a unique product, which in the online game market is huge.
    Its dead Jim.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    gervaise1 said:
    Aelious said:
    Something to use all the resources players created in Landmark for "EQN"?

They may as well at this point. They've been backed into a corner it seems and need to fight.

I really hope they are smarter than to release a battle arena of some sort. Competing with their own product, which is at the bottom of the BR totem pole already, would not make sense. I imagine an EQ BR would not attract enough EQ fans for it to be popular (And AoC is already doing this).

My hope is that they built out an MMO (EQ theme or otherwise) with all those LM entities since it's closure. It's been long enough to do so if they figure out a way to make land masses bigger than the islands and designed a more robust combat system.

Edit: And it would be a unique product, which in the online game market is huge.
    Its dead Jim.
    Possible but the entities are there, it's whether DB thinks that it will make enough to be worth the trouble. I don't have high hopes but it's always good to imagine the entire spectrum of possibilities rather than a dreary existence of only imagining the worst.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I thought they were a publisher, not a developer. LOL >:)

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Vanguard Mobile

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lets be honest....they layoff 70 people recently and then announce a new game....99.99999% sure it'll be a mobile game announcement....but sometimes there is that 0.000001%
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Image result for vomit gif
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    OK.. I have given it some thought and here is what I came up with.  It's the HungeR games (note HR)

It's a webcam game.  The Daybreak studio halls and offices are all wired.   There is an HR person who roams the halls with pink slips.   "Players" can influence the game by directing the HR person (for a fee of $5/min) or by sending "gifts" to the office workers.  $5 gets a false mirror, $10 erects a barrier in the hallway, $100 opens an escape door...

There is also an obligatory cash shop where you can buy power-ups for both the HR and worker sides...  As well as some cosmetic items like "Don't slip me Bro" T-Shirts...

[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137
    OK.. I have given it some thought and here is what I came up with.  It's the HungeR games (note HR)

It's a webcam game.  The Daybreak studio halls and offices are all wired.   There is an HR person who roams the halls with pink slips.   "Players" can influence the game by directing the HR person (for a fee of $5/min) or by sending "gifts" to the office workers.  $5 gets a false mirror, $10 erects a barrier in the hallway, $100 opens an escape door...

There is also an obligatory cash shop where you can buy power-ups for both the HR and worker sides...  As well as some cosmetic items like "Don't slip me Bro" T-Shirts...

It's almost like you'd be roleplaying a development team!
    Slapshot1188
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    Wellspring
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Layoffs: Online
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    so many cranky middle aged people on this site.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    nickiamx said:
    so many cranky middle aged people on this site.
    Yep, and you sit down and shut up, and listen to the wisdom of your elders.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Is this supposed to be an incredible early April fools joke? or what?
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    H0urg1ass said:
    Don't you people have phones?
    Yes! But what has that to do with MMORPGs???

Oh a redial button, marvellous idea. So it re casts the previous spell used? Great! And that big mallet on the left to crush your monitor when someone corpse camp you.
    craftseeker
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This just in. They were going to make an announcement but changed their mind because it wasn't fun. But you can still look at a companion announcement and make suggestions on what they might have announced.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The return of Free Realms for mobile.
  • InteritusInteritus Member UncommonPosts: 236
    If I'm honest, I would be absurdly excited if they announced they were making The Agency again

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I wouldn't be surprised to see something along the lines of the "of Norrath" games:

Legends of Norrath; Champions of Norrath.

Perfect fits for mobile.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    EQ:VR... come see Norrath like never before!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Margrave said:
    EQ:VR... come see Norrath like never before!
    Heh they dont have the skill to pull that off....This is definitely some cheap mobile throw together
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I have zero confidence that Daybreak will announce something that will interest me.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    laserit said:
    I have zero confidence that Daybreak will announce something that will interest me.
    Even if they announced something that interests you, they'd still have to create a final product that interests you. 
    laserit[Deleted User]
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    let me guess..... A game that is Free to play and has an in-game shop to purchase things and those things are insanely priced.  Yep, sounds like DBG