Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak is announcing a new game on Thursday

ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
According to Massively OP, some people have received an invite to a Twitch stream on Thursday where Daybreak will be announcing a new game. 

https://massivelyop.com/2018/12/11/daybreak-is-announcing-a-new-game-on-thursday/

Comments

• LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137
    My money is on another shit BR game using either EQ or Planetside IP.  They have experience with BR thanks to H1Z1...and they have building experience from Landmark.  My guess is it will be a Fortnite clone using tech from Landmark and Planetside.
    SBFordOctagon7711delete5230
  • Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Let's see if this will Daybreak last warcry before its unavoidable dead.
    [Deleted User]Aelious
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Fingers crossed! EQ1 still one of my favorite games of all time.
    AeliousSaelemInteritus
    --------------------------------------------
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Planetside Arena... is my guess.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Everquest Mobile
    [Deleted User]
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I got my phone ready.
    Octagon7711laxieRueTheWhirl[Deleted User]
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    From some other info I'm reading, it looks like it may be PlanetSide Arena. Apparently they filed some trademarks for the name and this youtube channel was set-up in October https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZNafwGxh0ONGJdv0Ugk5A/featured
    Octagon7711Kyleran
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    New EQ Diablo clone would be nice. 
    GorweOctagon7711
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    What, they have elves working on the game.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Don't you people have phones?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    New EQ Diablo clone would be nice. 
    I would love a new Champions of Norrath.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    H0urg1ass said:
    Don't you people have phones?
    Yes! But what has that to do with MMORPGs???

WellspringKyleranQuizzicalRueTheWhirldelete5230InteritusGorweceh430
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    probably an older online game that was discontinued and closed......Tabula Rasa/Warhammer Online sort of thing?? Mind you with the crap thats been comming out it would not be soo bad, they would be amongst equals and in many case's above them :expressionless:
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Maybe they hired a bunch of people to complete a game and then the lay off was just completion of said game. Happens in different industries all the time.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet it won't be an MMORPG. 
    delete5230
    --------------------------------------------
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    It's called Survivor: Daybreak

100 Devs on an island with shrinking resources.  They have to vote others off in order to stay alive.  It will feature some survival game aspects.

gervaise1[Deleted User]KyleranGroqstrongKumaponRueTheWhirl[Deleted User]Vermillion_Raventhal

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    It's called Survivor: Daybreak

100 Devs on an island with shrinking resources.  They have to vote others off in order to stay alive.  It will feature some survival game aspects.

I was going to go with Matrix Online 2, a re-release of Matrix Online with a different title.  But I like your idea better.

Maybe the people who made Total Drama Island can make an animated version for us.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yeah i read something a couple weeks ago that was hinting a new game,i just didn't figure so quickly.
    Guess what,it is Christmas time,they are going to whip out something soooooooo fast to generate cash flow,this will look like 2-3 months of work,similar to H1Z1's release.This is going to be garbage.

They will not make a new engine,this will be the H1Z1 engine,i expect since devs now a days tend to not be very creative,yet another battle Royale game.

"some people"lol ,yeah like when they used Legendary Lea to promote H1Z1 and she never stepped foot in the game ever.They are going to pick notable streamers to misleadingly promote the game and also imo,they will PAY these streamers to make sure lots of good words are said.

I bet they reached out to Ninja,TueFue,100% a couple good looking females,my guess probably 5 will get paid.Of course i do not expect Ninja to show up or even accept,it would look too obvious,the FTC would need to investigate.Now of course they could pay off these big names and simply put "sponsored"but i doubt it,better to mislead people.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    Another hunch?

ONE MAP,likely was going to be a new H1Z1 map or maybe even an EQ2 map or PS2 map but thought  ...hey we could just use this to sell a new game and call this ONE MAP game,early access.
    Actually it was exactly 1 year ago they were hiring to make a shooter game,so imo they are done with this development,laid everyone off.So less than a year actual development,a shooter,yeah my hunch a Battle Royale.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    EverQuest Mobile.
    Albatroes
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited December 2018
    .............yawn
  • defroststardefroststar Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Failing Game Company Simulator 2018?
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    [Deleted User]AeliousJeroKanemmolouThunder073Interitus

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited December 2018
    From the September announcement:

"NantG Mobile will begin by developing and publishing mobile versions of both H1Z1 and Everquest, and will also work on new titles. In addition, it will take control of H1Z1's battle royale mode on PC"

I looked for what games Nantwork's have made though - thinking: reskin of an existing game. Couldn't find any though. Mobile VR tech "solutions" so maybe it will be VR EQ  ..... on mobile!
    RueTheWhirl
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    edited December 2018
    Something to use all the resources players created in Landmark for "EQN"?

They may as well at this point. They've been backed into a corner it seems and need to fight.

I really hope they are smarter than to release a battle arena of some sort. Competing with their own product, which is at the bottom of the BR totem pole already, would not make sense. I imagine an EQ BR would not attract enough EQ fans for it to be popular (And AoC is already doing this).

My hope is that they built out an MMO (EQ theme or otherwise) with all those LM entities since it's closure. It's been long enough to do so if they figure out a way to make land masses bigger than the islands and designed a more robust combat system.

Edit: And it would be a unique product, which in the online game market is huge.