Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlas Devs Delay the Early Access Launch to December 19th - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageAtlas Devs Delay the Early Access Launch to December 19th - MMORPG.com

The Atlas Twitter account has announced that the Early Access Steam launch of the game has been delayed by six days and will now arrive on December 19th. The delay is being provided to give the dev team "time to review every portion of it thoroughly".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited December 2018
    Media should stop posting third person view screens for FPS games. This is at least false advertisement - if not a scam.
    ScotAsheram

Thank you for your time!

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited December 2018
    LMAO. Not to pile on I am sure it will be a common theme as this news disseminates but how ARK of them.

Hype, hype, hype....oops have to delay that a few days. Nothing new really. But an obvious foreshadowing of what people will have to expect with these guys.

Yeah I know ''game development is hard and delays are expected and I would rather have it right than rushed". true but if you start setting dates then TRY to hold to them. But so many apologists for these carnival barkers these days they just keep right on doing it.

I dont know of a single game especially mutliplayer where a dev/publisher gave a hard date and actually met it (the first time around). SO it is to be expected to be sure.

Like I said its piling on at this point, but its still fun.
    [Deleted User]d_20Tokken
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    3dom said:
    Media should stop posting third person view screens for FPS games. This is at least false advertisement - if not a scam.
    Ark has 3rd person, this game is using its engine only shows to have it as well. There is no false advertisement as the feature exists on the engine they're using for Atlas (on consoles as PS4 3rd person was added last year to Ark).
    SBFordAlomar
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited December 2018
    3dom said:
    How d'ya know that it's not another character looking at that one? ;)

Anyway, it's just a screen that the devs sent out. The game is clearly marked as 1st person, so it's neither "false advertisement" nor a "scam". As @MaxBacon said, it's probable that 3rd person will be included as well.
    MaxBaconSovrath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218
    how will 6 extra days help if it is not how it should be now.
    JeffSpicoliTokkenGeekoGames

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 63

nepulas said:

how will 6 extra days help if it is not how it should be now.

Id guess they had a problem come up and needed to buy some time. Maybe someone was sick or they had issues with a third party. Could literally be anything.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Not enough sales ? so they are forced to delay to fix their buggy game

Showing a trailler full of stuttering says a lot about the mindset of that company, just like Ark, they are incompetent developers, with good ideas, but still incompetent, they only do testing sessions with SLI Titan GPUs and i9 CPU, the rest ? they don't care
    mcrippinsAlomar
  • KwahndohKwahndoh Member CommonPosts: 1
    Wow, the bashing and whining on this game already...Look, first of all there are no sales as of yet as you can't prepurchase it on Steam. Second, it's an early access game and will be for at least 2 years they said so rather than jumping on here and bashing it before it's even released to EA is just dumb. If you want to bash it, after it comes out of EA and you think it's a POS then by all means type away. Doing so before EA, or during EA is just silly. Games go EA to test and fix things BEFORE official launch. If you have a negative opinion of the game then don't buy it during EA. Wait til it comes out of EA , look at the reviews and then form an educated opinion on purchasing it.
    SBFordmcrippinsConstantineMerusAlomarTacticalZombehinfomatz
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Kwahndoh said:
    Wow, the bashing and whining on this game already...Look, first of all there are no sales as of yet as you can't prepurchase it on Steam. Second, it's an early access game and will be for at least 2 years they said so rather than jumping on here and bashing it before it's even released to EA is just dumb. If you want to bash it, after it comes out of EA and you think it's a POS then by all means type away. Doing so before EA, or during EA is just silly. Games go EA to test and fix things BEFORE official launch. If you have a negative opinion of the game then don't buy it during EA. Wait til it comes out of EA , look at the reviews and then form an educated opinion on purchasing it.
    what if they start selling DLCs and expansion for it while its still EA? Cant comment on that either?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

3dom said:

Maybe you should do your own research before posting false info.
    Intense Action

Tactical melee combat systems with blocks, parries, dodges, character motion, optional shields, stunning and strength-varying strikes, directional attacks, and more for use in either first or third person perspectives. Fists, swords, maces, blackjacks, daggers, and much more give you tremendous options to pick the right weapon for the job. Meanwhile, period-appropriate-weaponry with skill-based active reload systems include flintlock pistols, muskets, blunderbuss, and more -- just be sure to keep your powder dry!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    Does anyone believe this statement?
    So what are they telling us then?Are they saying they were NOT going to look it over carefully and just release trash to us,is that what they are saying?
    No they are some issues with something,maybe server setup idk,but it is NOT to make sure things are looking good lmao.
    It doesn't end there,so in what is normally a few months leading up to a launch,they are going to go over this with a fine tooth comb in a couple of weeks?Well there you go folks,this team is saying they can beta test this game in 2 weeks and release it no probs..nice joke.
    TacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Honestly not sure what the complaint is here. We all found out the game was coming out about a week ago and coming out the same month it was announced lol. When does that ever happen. Not like we've been waiting 2+ years. I say good for them if you need another 7 days for polish go for it. Im definately trying this out.
    [Deleted User]
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Well...its not a good sign to me

1. Announce game no one knows anything about and announce a 1 week release window. Meaning it was pretty much fully ready to be released. But then there is literally no info on what the game is like and literally came out of nowhere
    2. Delay unknown game, despite it being fully "ready" to release (or it wouldn't be a 1 week release window)

Who knows, maybe it'll be amazing. But there are lots of huge red flags with this game. The sudden delay even more so...why announce a 1 week release window if it wasn't ready to release that week? Why is there no info at all on the game? Why did no one heard of this except one single trailer that came out last year?

mmolou

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Honestly not sure what the complaint is here. We all found out the game was coming out about a week ago and coming out the same month it was announced lol. When does that ever happen. Not like we've been waiting 2+ years. I say good for them if you need another 7 days for polish go for it. Im definately trying this out.
    I think the complete lack of any real announcement from the devs other than "this is something we're doing" earlier this year and the announcement now that it's a week out has folks skeptical due to the optimization issues they never truly resolved with Ark.

This game, coming outta nowhere in less than a year from the first nugget of info it was even a thing, is promising to be bigger than Ark in every way.  If they found out how to optimize it for Atlas, where is that optimization for Ark?

• AlteiirAlteiir Member UncommonPosts: 33

I'm 100% going to buy this. I enjoyed ARK and all its flaws, but my complaint is that they literally do this every launch. It should really be no surprise, but its hyping myself and others up to then ask them to wait. You don't hand your child a birthday cake then tell them they can't eat it on their birthday, that is a jerk move.

At the very least they should have announced a launch month or not at all and fixed w/e issues they needed to (probably server) before they gave an actual date.
  • asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    This is a pirate mod for the current version of Ark, if you really think this is an entirely new game, you're middle aged and delusional.
    rodarin said:
    what if they start selling DLCs and expansion for it while its still EA? Cant comment on that either?
    They have already stated the revenue model for Atlas is of no DLC, as it is MMO it'll have microtransactions of sorts in the future beyond the entry fee, as it is standard on the genre.
    edited December 2018
    nickiamx said:
    This is a pirate mod for the current version of Ark, if you really think this is an entirely new game, you're middle aged and delusional.
    It uses the core engine and asset-front of Ark, but it's not Ark, Ark can't do more than 64 players per server, what else dozens of thousands on a single game-world.

They do have quite a wide engine in terms of features, so it's no surprise with core work to develop MMO technology they can create new types of games, they don't need to start from scratch to deliver a game experience the engine they worked for years with Ark does support.

A proper MMO version of Ark under its own theme and feature-set that is what Atlas announces is one attractive offer on itself so I'm following it up.

We need more variety of MMO's and this one is one of those, better the Ark devs than nothing at all.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    Asheram
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789

SBFord said:

3dom said:

How d'ya know that it's not another character looking at that one? ;)......

The Tweet clearly says "LONE adventurer"... ;)

Let's party like it is 1863!

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

rodarin said:

Kwahndoh said:

Then that's the exact moment it leaves early access "officially" in the mindset of a rational person. Therefore, judge, criticize, and review from that point onwards. Also, where you been these days Rod, hiding under a hole?
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2018

nickiamx said:
    Thats fine by me.
  • BoneChefBoneChef Member CommonPosts: 1