Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chinese 'Online Ethics Review Committee' Bans PUBG, Fortnite, Paladins & Ring of Elysium - MMORPG.c

13»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    celtwulf said:
    Sovrath said:
    celtwulf said:
    XImpalerX said:
    Part of me can understand why they do this and it's because the Chinese value morals and tradition over freedom, but the other part of me feels glad that I live in a country that puts freedom and self expression first and trusts me to live and experience life.
    Morals? Maybe you should look up the Chinese shadow prisons/detention centers & the missing Chinese actress/human rights activist Fan Bingbing. Or the huge amount of citizens that come up missing.

Unless you're talking about what they consider moral. I know the definition can vary from country to country.
    erm, not that I agree or disagree with him (in truth I'm sure most countries have a sense of morality as that is a human thing that isn't solely relegated to institutions) a lot of governments have done sketchy things.

If you are going to point fingers there you should point fingers toward many other countries.
    I stated that I know the definition can vary from country to country but no other countries were mentioned, only one. If he/she would've named *insert country here* & they were doing something similar I would've said what they were doing also, but no others were.

& this isn't me trying to be a sarcastic asshole, I very much understand what you're saying.
    Thanks for the clarification!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Nanbino said:
    Trump 2020 so commies don't do this in usa
    You wouldn't know what a commie was if it hit you on the head.

We've had and have plenty of Censorship here in North America, it's a godly thing. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    laserit said:
    Nanbino said:

We've had and have plenty of Censorship here in North America, it's a godly thing. 
    I understand there are a lot of problems in US regarding this, I hope they come to a resolution one way or another. Meanwhile, I can't help myself but to appreciate all sorts of ironies going on! :blush:
    laserit[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    laserit said:
    Nanbino said:

I understand there are a lot of problems in US regarding this, I hope they come to a resolution one way or another. Meanwhile, I can't help myself but to appreciate all sorts of ironies going on! :blush:
    It's not just the US. Plenty of other places including the EU have some crazy censorships in place or about to go into affect. Don't get me wrong some things should very much be censored & some should be common sense but who gets to decide. It is a very objective & dangerous thing when all is said & done. Some things huge majorities of people agree is wrong & should be removed but then the minority that supported it can say their freedom of speech/expression is being removed.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited December 2018
    OK, sadly this thread is becaming far too political. It is at risk of being closed. @Celtwulf please keep it more to the gaming side of the issue over the broader political problems in China at the moment.

As a reminder, political discussion is discouraged here as there are literally thousands of other sites where they can be discussed with impunity. 
    celtwulfYashaX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Poison_GirlPoison_Girl Member UncommonPosts: 34
    edited December 2018
    rodarin said:
    LMAO it amazes me that people are surprised.
    Yeah, this was all predictable since the Great Firewall of China came upon the scene of internet censorship.
  • celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited December 2018
    SBFord said:
    OK, sadly this thread is becaming far too political. It is at risk of being closed. @Celtwulf please keep it more to the gaming side of the issue over the broader political problems in China at the moment.

As a reminder, political discussion is discouraged here as there are literally thousands of other sites where they can be discussed with impunity. 
    Sure I understand, but singling me out seems a bit much. Some previous comments made mine look very mild, especially the person supporting a party for the 2020 election but ok. Sorry
    YashaX
  • parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    i do not understand this, fortnite is cartoony and has no blood in it, and as far as i know there are no overly revealing female outfit in the game, it is full of silly outfits though, fortnite gonna get hit hard by this,they have ton of chines players, specially on mobile.    
    YashaX
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

k61977 said:

I hate to bring politics into gaming, but this is what happens when the government gets the last word on what is good for you and what is not. Pray to god I never see this type of government in my own country, even though it is trying it's hardest to come.

LOL, I don't know where you live but this has been going on in western countries for a while now. We have definitive data on issues like say immigration and our governments simply ignore the will of the people and keep flooding our countries with illegal immigrants who are a net drain but are cheap labor for the elites who control everything. You have the illusion of "electing" representatives of the people. In canada if you don't use a persons proper pronoun you are breaking the law....We have conservative speakers being banned and shut down from government funded platforms by non government entities let alone government ones, while our government does nothing but stand idly by while people riot.

I will end it there as I can go on forever about the censorship and government going against the will of the people in "democratic" countries in the world. Atleast in china they are trying to preserve the chinese culture in the west? they are selling out our homelands and giving the middle finger to the majority and doing w/e they (the government and vocal minority and big tech companies who exploit cheap labor from immigrants) want.

Let's leave it at this Kevin hart was basically run off from being hosting the oscars (he is a comedian)because he made jokes about gays luckily because he is black he wasnt totally crucified by the twitter mob, cant even imagine a straight white guy the list of things I cant say without fear of a public flogging is soo long it might break the internet. Oh and dont you dare flirt with a women until you are certain and have a written consent form because #sexual harassment (one of boll oreily's crimes was referring to a black lady as "hot chocolate" and she stated but he had this look in his eye she interpreted such that ITS REAL BAD.

Yikes for the majority in america and the west we have been shut down so hard its not even acceptable to say "merry Christmas"any more and you are worried about china?
    GamesrfunGa1970sYashaXKyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Sovrath said:
    Scot said:

But they could afford to buy PC's?
    no, that's not why "we" have f2p.
    What I am getting at is that the other guy said the Chinese could not buy consoles, but supposedly they could buy PC's to play F2P games on. Considering how much more a PC cost this seemed odd.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited December 2018
    mmrv said:

k61977 said:

I hate to bring politics into gaming, but this is what happens when the government gets the last word on what is good for you and what is not. Pray to god I never see this type of government in my own country, even though it is trying it's hardest to come.

LOL, I don't know where you live but this has been going on in western countries for a while now. We have definitive data on issues like say immigration and our governments simply ignore the will of the people and keep flooding our countries with illegal immigrants who are a net drain but are cheap labor for the elites who control everything. You have the illusion of "electing" representatives of the people. In canada if you don't use a persons proper pronoun you are breaking the law....We have conservative speakers being banned and shut down from government funded platforms by non government entities let alone government ones, while our government does nothing but stand idly by while people riot.

I will end it there as I can go on forever about the censorship and government going against the will of the people in "democratic" countries in the world. Atleast in china they are trying to preserve the chinese culture in the west? they are selling out our homelands and giving the middle finger to the majority and doing w/e they (the government and vocal minority and big tech companies who exploit cheap labor from immigrants) want.

Let's leave it at this Kevin hart was basically run off from being hosting the oscars (he is a comedian)because he made jokes about gays luckily because he is black he wasnt totally crucified by the twitter mob, cant even imagine a straight white guy the list of things I cant say without fear of a public flogging is soo long it might break the internet. Oh and dont you dare flirt with a women until you are certain and have a written consent form because #sexual harassment (one of boll oreily's crimes was referring to a black lady as "hot chocolate" and she stated but he had this look in his eye she interpreted such that ITS REAL BAD.

Yikes for the majority in america and the west we have been shut down so hard its not even acceptable to say "merry Christmas"any more and you are worried about china?
    You are completely deluded.
    Kyleran
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Ok, this thread's run its course. @mmrv Take political posting to other sites than this as was asked of others (who abided by the request...) earlier in this thread.
    YashaXKyleran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

This discussion has been closed.