Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will they listen now?

GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
With the news of Activision Stock tanking, do you think they'll finally start listening to player feedback?

Also, I wish I had $10k laying around to buy it now, as although I'm not a mobile gamer, I can see their stocks bouncing back and increasing the more mobile business they do. I only hope the talent isn't taken away from their core games to do it!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

Octagon7711Gdemami

Comments

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    They'll listen once, people will flock back to them like the drones they are and Activision Blizzard will happily go back to fucking them over.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Short answer: No

Long answer: hell no.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    considering how many gamers there are and how different their preferences are.. how would they even know who to listen to?

only ones who can really do that are the ones targeting niche markets. the ones trying to catch em all will have to stumble in the dark til they make something not universally  despised.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited December 2018
    To what exactly? If they are convinced the path they are on will make them more money, why bother?

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    considering how many gamers there are and how different their preferences are.. how would they even know who to listen to?

only ones who can really do that are the ones targeting niche markets. the ones trying to catch em all will have to stumble in the dark til they make something not universally  despised.
    The Beta Forums were shut down I believe, and the survey at the end of Sub cancellation was taken away also from what I've read, so taking away the criticisms won't make the problems go away, IMO.

Of course they'd have to throw some manpower at the problem to sort out constructive from troll, but there are millions of players out there that would be willing to give opinions if asked, at the chance of improving the game for those that have issues with it.

Better to be proactive than reactive by reposting vids to get rid of negative votes, as an example.

With the stocks the way they are ActiBlizz absolutely must be reactive now and do something, so why not make it something people actually WANT for once.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

kitarad said:
    To what exactly? If they are convinced the path they are on will make them more money, why bother?

Their current 'path' got them here, so there's irrefutable evidence that this path actually lost them a metric shit ton of money.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    "They would not listen, they did not know how 
    Perhaps they'll listen now"

- Vincent

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Seeing as stocks are up from 3 years ago and are following the average for this year I highly doubt this stock market is making them rethink their brands.  
    Kyleran
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Gutlard said:
    kitarad said:

Their current 'path' got them here, so there's irrefutable evidence that this path actually lost them a metric shit ton of money.

Gut Out!

If you mean stock prices still being $30 some more than 3 years ago...the company is doing fine.  Investors that bought this year are the ones hurting.
    Kyleranviddster
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    bc listening to the player base helps so much :)

having several million customers means you will NOT listen to each and everyone.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Thane said:
    bc listening to the player base helps so much :)

having several million customers means you will NOT listen to each and everyone.

Well, maybe one day at least one Dev will try this out to see how it works.

Then when they find out that listening to the people spending money, and more importantly time, on their product actually makes those people happier/willing to stick around longer/spend more money on the product, other Devs will jump on a bandwagon we can all get behind for once.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

edited December 2018
    Horusra said:
    Gutlard said:
    kitarad said:

Gut Out!

If you mean stock prices still being $30 some more than 3 years ago...the company is doing fine.  Investors that bought this year are the ones hurting.
    Other games performing badly hurt them as well (Black Ops 4 initially for example), but even with the amount of sales they were excited about for BfA the expac hasn't been very popular on social media et al, on top of the response of Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon.

Even though the market is the market, they've obviously made bad choice after bad choice and are in the situation they are in due to their direct actions/inactions.

Maybe it's due to new leadership finding their legs, maybe it's due to them trying to hide the negative reactions, maybe it's due them not only NOT listening to their customers but also taking away the few constructive avenues for feedback (PTR Forums & Sub cancelling Poles), but it all ends the same. 

And all in time for them to really break into such a huge mobile market...hrrmmmmm.

If I had the extra money I'd def "buy that for a dollar," or maybe $10k.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Gut, my response is no.  Success is not a good teacher, failure makes you humble.  They haven't technically failed yet, so I don't expect them to learn from their mistakes.  Think about it this way, I honestly think there are enough people playing that are completely loyal fans no matter what, that they could still be the most popular MMO in the world and make a profit.  All of us that don't like this or that, if we all left, I doubt it would make any difference.  Honestly.  You either play it with all it's failings and find stuff you like about it, or you play something else.  I have been looking at it like a TV show.  Something happens that I dislike in a TV show, I stop watching it.
    Gut, my response is no.  Success is not a good teacher, failure makes you humble.  They haven't technically failed yet, so I don't expect them to learn from their mistakes.  Think about it this way, I honestly think there are enough people playing that are completely loyal fans no matter what, that they could still be the most popular MMO in the world and make a profit.  All of us that don't like this or that, if we all left, I doubt it would make any difference.  Honestly.  You either play it with all it's failings and find stuff you like about it, or you play something else.  I have been looking at it like a TV show.  Something happens that I dislike in a TV show, I stop watching it.
    Yeah, I do the same. I play while having fun, and then when I start to not have fun I stop my sub for WoW at least.

I'm interested in a handful of things in the Patch today and will check them out. After that, I'll go back to leveling alts as my overall goal is to have one of each class on each faction to 120, which will take a long time. I'll collect pets and chieves and Mogs and mounts and work on crafting. There's plenty of things to have fun with, but nothing very deep to dig into. But with any of it, once the burnout sets in I'm gone.

And I won't be back until a cool content patch or the next expac.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?