Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Publishes Extensive Fallout 76 Patch Notes - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBethesda Publishes Extensive Fallout 76 Patch Notes - MMORPG.com

After criticism for undocumented changes in past patches, the Fallout 76 team is showing that it took the community's feedback to heart. Today's update notes are extensive and include a "highlights" section as well as detailed notes across a broad array of adjusted features, bug fixes and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Sweet. Looks like the Beta is coming along good. Putting in things to make it ready to go live.

When does it officially release?
    [Deleted User]ThaharJeroKanePhryKyleransneakerz007Tuor7[Deleted User]BadSpocklaxieand 10 others.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Meh.
    Hello The Outer Worlds !
    Aeandersneakerz007[Deleted User]Thahargastovski1TheScavengerElectricVibes75Grunt350ceh430Alomarand 4 others.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    The last two patches (the only major patches) both had pretty extensive notes. The last patch had some issues so they went back in and fixed those a couple days later but the notes for that werew less than steller but fixes should have been obvious.

Again the amount of flack these guys are getting is amazing.

If it were Chris Roberts getting this much widespread hate there would be a whole new army of new accounts made to obfuscate and misdirect every FO76 topic.

Luckily though SC is completely perfect and no criticisms of that project are needed at all....
    KyleranTuor7ThaharTacticalZombehSiuginfomatz
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited December 2018
    rodarin said:
    The last two patches (the only major patches) both had pretty extensive notes. The last patch had some issues so they went back in and fixed those a couple days later but the notes for that werew less than steller but fixes should have been obvious.

If it were Chris Roberts getting this much widespread hate there would be a whole new army of new accounts made to obfuscate and misdirect every FO76 topic.

Luckily though SC is completely perfect and no criticisms of that project are needed at all....
    Bollocks.

Your comparison fundamentally does not work because Bethesda has gotten a free pass for years. They are a beloved company, and more people feel surprised and betrayed by Fallout 76 than contemptuous, and there is more than enough defense of the game.

A more accurate comparison would be that if EA released Fallout 76, no one would be defending it and they would be burned at the stake. How do I know this? Because we did it to them last year with Mass Effect Andromeda, and even that canned mediocrity is a better game than Fallout 76 is, was, or ever will be.
    KyleranTuor7[Deleted User]EponyxDamorjimmywolfThaharAzothElectricVibes75MadFrenchieTacticalZombehand 1 other.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2018
    What's unfortunate is they are rapidly adding much of the missing functionality and fixing issues reported in beta but it's clear the suits said launch on schedule and fix afterwards.

Things would have gone far better with even a 2 or 3 month post beta fix cycle before launching, but you know how it goes, "The Revenues Must Flow!", especially before Christmas.

Pity.
    Tuor7bartoni33jimmywolfThaharElectricVibes75MadFrenchied_20TacticalZombehinfomatzExistentialistand 2 others.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95

bartoni33 said:

Sweet. Looks like the Beta is coming along good. Putting in things to make it ready to go live.

All i see is the release notes for the new patch it doesn't mention any bug fixes for the last patch. I wonder what new bugs are coming. Standby, Orkin.
    edited December 2018
    achmede said:
    Meh.
    Hello The Outer Worlds !
    Agreed. You only get one chance at a first impression, and the gaming industry has too many great releases these days to watch the mediocre ones become less mediocre.
    The thing is everyone should have known what FO 76 was...a one off. Something they released to appease the rabid fanboys they have until Fall Out 5 or ES 6 comes out. Yeah they screwed up somewhat but they gave everyone how long to see how screwed up it was?

The ONLY thing (IMO) they didnt do that they should have done was when they lowered the price for the Black friday sale they should have given everyone who ordered it the same price. But since the price is once again full price then I guess thats how they justify it.

Its the first (technically) try for Bethesda at a multiplayer online game. They should get SOME slack. But yeah they have always released buggy messes on release. Doesnt make it right but people should know it by now. Everyone suddenly NOW piling on is ridiculous.

I will say the same thing in 10 years (if) Star Citizen releases and suddenly everyone is bashing it. Where are those people now?

I have been consistent with my criticisms of Bethesda/Zenimax for years. Probably why I can look at this whole FO 76 thing a little more objectively.

You have guys who are admitted fallout fanboys now jumping ship and doing the whole "I dont trust Bethesda rant" even though theyre also in the camp (no pun) that got the REAL canvas bag (for being kiss asses) those guys are as hypocritical and foolish as it comes.

Cohh Carnage went on a whole rant about how its totally possible that because a one off game like FO 76 released like it did every future Bethesda game will release like that. Well they have all released buggy so that isnt a Nostradamus like prediction, but they havent been close to as buggy as FO 76 was. But it just reeks of being disingenuous. Not to mention all those games will have the same thing they have always had to make them epic...modders.

It just bugs me that it gets so crazy. Its like Bethesda is Trump or something. Everyone knew what he was long before he ran for president. He has only been in the public eye for 40+ years. But somehow everyone is butthurt because he says what he says.

But I think its true everyone is becoming addicted to outrage, or at least hyperbole.

ZalgotasSiug
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    For the record,i though previous FO game was trash as well,way over rated.After seeing the first i knew better than to expect anything from part deux or 3 or 4 or any FO game to come.

"concept"is a dead giveaway for what a developer is trying to accomplish.Soon i get any glimpse of an APOC type game i know the dev is simply aiming for a cheap method to sell a game.Remember that term ...CONCEPT,it should tell all of you what to expect from a game.

The first real glance i got from this type of strategy was with GW2,tons of bull was fed to the media,readers,tons of EXCUSES as to why they were designing the game the way they did and why they offered  it as b2p.

People need to wake up,these developers are NOT doing it for you,they are doing it for themselves,the absolute minimum they can get away with.You think a PATCH NOTE changes anything,they already tried to scam every one of you,they are a scummy business,don't support them,that way they MIGHT come back next time with a real effort.

Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

rodarin said:
    The thing is everyone should have known what FO 76 was...a one off. Something they released to appease the rabid fanboys they have until Fall Out 5 or ES 6 comes out. Yeah they screwed up somewhat but they gave everyone how long to see how screwed up it was?

The ONLY thing (IMO) they didnt do that they should have done was when they lowered the price for the Black friday sale they should have given everyone who ordered it the same price. But since the price is once again full price then I guess thats how they justify it.

Its the first (technically) try for Bethesda at a multiplayer online game. They should get SOME slack. But yeah they have always released buggy messes on release. Doesnt make it right but people should know it by now. Everyone suddenly NOW piling on is ridiculous.

I will say the same thing in 10 years (if) Star Citizen releases and suddenly everyone is bashing it. Where are those people now?

I have been consistent with my criticisms of Bethesda/Zenimax for years. Probably why I can look at this whole FO 76 thing a little more objectively.

You have guys who are admitted fallout fanboys now jumping ship and doing the whole "I dont trust Bethesda rant" even though theyre also in the camp (no pun) that got the REAL canvas bag (for being kiss asses) those guys are as hypocritical and foolish as it comes.

Cohh Carnage went on a whole rant about how its totally possible that because a one off game like FO 76 released like it did every future Bethesda game will release like that. Well they have all released buggy so that isnt a Nostradamus like prediction, but they havent been close to as buggy as FO 76 was. But it just reeks of being disingenuous. Not to mention all those games will have the same thing they have always had to make them epic...modders.

It just bugs me that it gets so crazy. Its like Bethesda is Trump or something. Everyone knew what he was long before he ran for president. He has only been in the public eye for 40+ years. But somehow everyone is butthurt because he says what he says.

But I think its true everyone is becoming addicted to outrage, or at least hyperbole.

No. Just no. There should be no slack, ever, afforded to any developer for any reason. When something is bad, it should be criticized, because they are selling a product, and those buying it should demand that the product bought be of quality up to expectations of that price.

And "our games have a few bugs," isn't cute like they presented it as at E3. That's on Bethesda for not doing better, and on us for cutting them, and only them, slack.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Patches are the kind of things which might convince me to buy this game. I followed FO76 since its announcement and watched many streams. That gave me info a plenty that the game wasn't ready for release and it wasn't my cup of tea. For now I'm waiting till next year when private servers are a thing, performance has improved and the bugs have been patched out.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    rodarin said:

Star Citizen isn't a released game. Why would you drag that comparison in?
    Kyleran[Deleted User]infomatz
    Chamber of Chains
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Shallow broken turd is still shallow. And a turd.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    cheyane said:
    rodarin said:

Because he really, really likes it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran[Deleted User]ConstantineMerus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    bartoni33 said:

Right after bazillion dlc. When this f2p game goes f2p, duh.     :P
    cheyane said:
    rodarin said:

because I would say it has been in 'development' longer than FO 76 was and I am sure they didnt spend 200 million on FO 76.
    Aeander said:

No. Just no. There should be no slack, ever, afforded to any developer for any reason. When something is bad, it should be criticized, because they are selling a product, and those buying it should demand that the product bought be of quality up to expectations of that price.

And "our games have a few bugs," isn't cute like they presented it as at E3. That's on Bethesda for not doing better, and on us for cutting them, and only them, slack.
    If people criticized every game that had issues people wouldnt have time to play them. The BIGGEST difference here is Bethesda is (and has always) actually fixed their games. They did it with ESO the rarest of the rare where the game was bad at launch survived the mass exodus but due to improvements had an increase in player population after its initial release. Not many if any games other than WOW maybe Final Fantasy series can say that.

Even their single player games got some in house developmental fixes. Modders still did it better but they at least made the effort.

Bethesda in no way shape or form has been out of character with this game. The only difference is more randos got in on the bashing.

I was critical of Skyrim as well as ESO. Similar to my critical comments on FO 76. Like I said thats why I have better perspective I guess. I  have always seen their faults.

Where is the hate for a game that swept the video game awards?

Red Dead Redemption single player was touted as the best thing ever made. The multiplayer version was complete and total ass. On a lot of levels worse than FO 76. I havent seen a SINGLE negative comment let alone review of that mess. 

Its all the sheep/herd mentality. Because people dont actually take the time to actually play a game or at least get enough of an experience from it to form any sort of valid point. SO on one hand you have everyone and their brother hating on FO 76 on the other you (had) everyone circle jerking over RDRII. 

Its ironic because there WERE some comparison threads (when they didnt compare) but when they did (when both had multiplayer platform) those comparisons stopped because people saw how horrible the multiplayer was in RDRII. Of course the excuse/reason will be RDRII hasnt been released on PC yet. Irrelevant because FO 76 was released on all consoles so those platforms can definitely be compared.

Also no one wants to admit the game is getting better. FO 76 that is. This last patch today hasnt had any bugs associated with it (yet). Of course there are still the random issues it has had and the duping problems. But I suspect those will be a long time coming as the whole PvP portion of the game is nearly hopelessly broken. Which is also ironic since most people complaining about FO 76 in particular are the same ones who will be on claiming PvP in an open world is garbage in general. So selective hate basically.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2018
    rodarin said:
    cheyane said:
    rodarin said:

because I would say it has been in 'development' longer than FO 76 was and I am sure they didnt spend 200 million on FO 76.
    Of course it's been, F76 is a literal copy paste of their previous fallout title, all based on their ancient game engine they keep maintaining instead of doing a proper refactor, and it visibly shows its problems and even dated visuals.

Unlike most devs, Bethesda has gotten a lot of passes when it comes to half-broken games put as a fully released game when most devs are usually crucified if they do that, what we notice presently is them being held to what people expect from a full-priced released AAA title.

Like seriously, we are talking about the company that leaves bug-fixes in the hands of modders, and does the new title with the same bugs as before when the modders managed the workarounds, why wouldn't people get mad when faced with this sort of BS on a beloved IP?

The fact it was most deff faster and cheaper is actually a bad thing here because it shows this was a result of a cheap low effort from one of the biggest game dev companies around in one of the biggest IPs.

While you try to derail that debate towards SC, that argument has no merits, it is one unreleased unfinished and a half-broken game that does not promote itself as a finished product or having a polished game experience.
    [Deleted User]
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

rodarin said:

Aeander said:

If people criticized every game that had issues people wouldnt have time to play them. The BIGGEST difference here is Bethesda is (and has always) actually fixed their games. They did it with ESO the rarest of the rare where the game was bad at launch survived the mass exodus but due to improvements had an increase in player population after its initial release. Not many if any games other than WOW maybe Final Fantasy series can say that.

Even their single player games got some in house developmental fixes. Modders still did it better but they at least made the effort.

Bethesda in no way shape or form has been out of character with this game. The only difference is more randos got in on the bashing.

I was critical of Skyrim as well as ESO. Similar to my critical comments on FO 76. Like I said thats why I have better perspective I guess. I  have always seen their faults.

Red Dead Redemption single player was touted as the best thing ever made. The multiplayer version was complete and total ass. On a lot of levels worse than FO 76. I havent seen a SINGLE negative comment let alone review of that mess. 

Its all the sheep/herd mentality. Because people dont actually take the time to actually play a game or at least get enough of an experience from it to form any sort of valid point. SO on one hand you have everyone and their brother hating on FO 76 on the other you (had) everyone circle jerking over RDRII. 

Its ironic because there WERE some comparison threads (when they didnt compare) but when they did (when both had multiplayer platform) those comparisons stopped because people saw how horrible the multiplayer was in RDRII. Of course the excuse/reason will be RDRII hasnt been released on PC yet. Irrelevant because FO 76 was released on all consoles so those platforms can definitely be compared.

Also no one wants to admit the game is getting better. FO 76 that is. This last patch today hasnt had any bugs associated with it (yet). Of course there are still the random issues it has had and the duping problems. But I suspect those will be a long time coming as the whole PvP portion of the game is nearly hopelessly broken. Which is also ironic since most people complaining about FO 76 in particular are the same ones who will be on claiming PvP in an open world is garbage in general. So selective hate basically.

I get it, you're trying to prove a point in your opinion on what is happening but unfortunately;

ESO is developed by Zenimax and published by Bethesda.
    Fallout 3/4 and Elder Scrolls (SP) is developed/published by Bethesda and fixed by the mod community.

Bethesda is a very lazy company which keep proving it on every release. I believe people are finally fed up with it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2018
    Heretique said:

rodarin said:

Aeander said:

I get it, you're trying to prove a point in your opinion on what is happening but unfortunately;

Fallout 3/4 and Elder Scrolls (SP) is developed/published by Bethesda and fixed by the mod community.

Bethesda is a very lazy company which keep proving it on every release. I believe people are finally fed up with it.
    Gamers are mostly a bunch of sniveling whiners these days so there's that. 

Been playing for a couple weeks without nearly the issues some report, probably cause I'm just so pro when it comes to video games and computers. 

;)

It's been pretty entertaining so far, and as many know, I hate most everything. 

Guess I'm just mellowing these days.

:D

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2018
    Heretique said:

Yeah, Bethesda is a mess with bug-fixing you shouldn't give them credit for the work of Zenimax, ESO while it still does have issues it's hugely improved from its early times.

Now and like you said, Bethesda itself developed titles we end up seeing the same bug in multiple titles because it's all built under their ancient wonky game engine (that is not used by ESO btw).... the moment you resort to modder to go fix a bug or get QoL improvements on a Bethesda game you know there is something abnormal going on here.

The moment I heard online+pvp on 76 I knew it was going to do sideways, one thing is the usual derps on the SP title, but that in MP with PvP the whole thing gets way edgier.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    MaxBacon said:
    Heretique said:

Yeah, Bethesda is a mess with bug-fixing you shouldn't give them credit for the work of Zenimax, ESO while it still does have issues it's hugely improved from its early times.

Now and like you said, Bethesda itself developed titles we end up seeing the same bug in multiple titles because it's all built under their ancient wonky game engine (that is not used by ESO btw).... the moment you resort to modder to go fix a bug or get QoL improvements on a Bethesda game you know there is something abnormal going on here.

Pretty much hit the head on the nail there. The game engine (IMO) has reached it's limit, we've seen it time and time again especially having a new game such as Fallout 76 have bugs that were prevalent in Fallout 3.

People can blame whatever (devs, the fans, the haters, etc), the fact of the matter is that Bethesda needs to step up and either overhaul the engine which would basically create a new engine or adopt a newer engine to support their titles going forward.

As Todd stated in multiple videos, The Creation Engine is easy to use for their developers and they are able to pump out content fast and have no intention on moving away from it. That might sound great to people (new content) and especially sounds great to corporate ($$$) but when your foundation is cracked and you pile another story to the house, sooner or later it will collapse.
    [Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:
    rodarin said:

Bollocks.

Your comparison fundamentally does not work because Bethesda has gotten a free pass for years. They are a beloved company, and more people feel surprised and betrayed by Fallout 76 than contemptuous, and there is more than enough defense of the game.

A more accurate comparison would be that if EA released Fallout 76, no one would be defending it and they would be burned at the stake. How do I know this? Because we did it to them last year with Mass Effect Andromeda, and even that canned mediocrity is a better game than Fallout 76 is, was, or ever will be.
    In particular, they got a ton of flak for the patch notes because they made a social media post reiterating their effort for greater transparency and communication (this was hot on the heels of the canvas bag fiasco) and then went on to make a bunch of undocumented changes in the patch right at the same time. I think it was more about how the left and right hands still aren't communicating even though they're "trying hard Sir, may I have another!".
    Bingo.

Bethesda intentionally moves to a title that locks out their modding community, tries to be cheapskates about the CE edition, and did all that while taking the franchise in a significantly new direction.  Then they showed other players your personal information when you tried to get the appropriate CE item you paid for.

They then said "okay, we understand, we're gonna be better.....  But not at this next opportunity.  The time after that, we mean!"

I knew the title was merely a time-passer and an injection of cash for Bethesda while they work on the projects they actually want to work on.  I didn't expect Bethesda to make that fact so painfully obvious to everyone.
    [Deleted User]newbismxbartoni33[Deleted User]

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

rodarin said:

Aeander said:

Zenimax revived eso, not bethesda. And seeing as zenimax only gave some networking advice here and there in fo76. Doubt they will do much more as even that part isnt working well :p
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Heretique said:

MaxBacon said:

Heretique said:

Pretty much hit the head on the nail there. The game engine (IMO) has reached it's limit, we've seen it time and time again especially having a new game such as Fallout 76 have bugs that were prevalent in Fallout 3.

People can blame whatever (devs, the fans, the haters, etc), the fact of the matter is that Bethesda needs to step up and either overhaul the engine which would basically create a new engine or adopt a newer engine to support their titles going forward.

As Todd stated in multiple videos, The Creation Engine is easy to use for their developers and they are able to pump out content fast and have no intention on moving away from it. That might sound great to people (new content) and especially sounds great to corporate ($$$) but when your foundation is cracked and you pile another story to the house, sooner or later it will collapse.

The engine is dying yep. And then Bethesda feels like its a good idea to tell everyone " dont worry, we will use it to build elder scrolls 6 ". As much as an engine exists out of a group of tools that can all be replaced and upgraded. They need to replace every freaking part of it to make elder scrolls 6 functioning and im almost sure they will not do that :(
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED