Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft v8.1 Launches Today - See What's New - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft v8.1 Launches Today - See What's New - MMORPG.com

The World of Warcraft site has been updated with the Tides of Vengeance update notes to give players a peek at what they can expect after today's maintenance (tomorrow for EU). Players will find a number of new features, updated class abilities and activities in which to participate as the faction war gets back underway.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Sighs of Vengence
    d_20jarsku85
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Logged off a couple of months ago until this patch to see if they make something out of this trainwreck. Hopefully this will all be good stuff.....still have 4 months on my sub lol.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

Gnomeregan pet battle dungeon....something no one asked for ever!

so, all content that is created must first be asked for by the community ? is this what we have come to ? xD

btw, I hate pets in wow. but still, some people like them i guess ? they have the numbers
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I've never been less excited about a new WoW patch... not even sure if I'll even care enough to log after the patch goes live.
    KalebGraysonThaharThupliViper482
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I stopped playing World of Borecraft.
    I'm waiting on World of Warcraft...Summer 2019.
    Phry[Deleted User]ThaharlaseritAlomarXingbairong

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Avanah said:
    True, BFA is a dud, i just hope they don't make a mess of 'Classic'. :/
    Xingbairong
  • Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    no class reworks, no pvp vendors, no fix to scaling, no fix to timegating= no sub
    Thupli
  • Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Awesome stuff. I see the usual suspects whining about nothing again. Also pet battle dungeons are more popular then you might think.
    Horusrajarsku85PonkuXingbairongesc-joconnor
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Well to all those specs that complain because you got a temporary nerf to your class, at least yours is temporary. BeastMaster Hunters have been broken since Cataclysm!
    jarsku85
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2018
    6/19 of those points are "content," 3/6 things are about 1-2 hours of combined one-time content. Best X.1 patch by far. Beats WoD's 6.1 right?!?!? Its hard to not go over the bar when the bar is on the floor Blizzard... Probably the thing I 'love' the most about this patch is everyone getting excited over exp 'nerfs' that Blizzard pretty much reverted exp rates back to how they were before 7.3.5. Blizzard getting praised for reverting a change......
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    TBH it has more content than peeps have been saying, but I'm not sure how much I'll be doing. I went back and had to grind reps for the heritage armor, which was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, because I just had to buy a tabard, wear it and run quick dungeons a handful of times to get exalted. I def prefer this Rep grind over WQ's!

Then I had fun selling all the BoE gear.

But like peeps have said, this amounts to only very little gameplay.

I hope IE's are more fun now that players have a somewhat better understanding of how they work with the new changes. Grinding these for vendor stuff is a lot better than guessing what should be done for RNG chances at who knows what.

Warfronts are cool a handful of times as they can be a good source of gear, but that dries up fairly quick also.

I'll give it a shot until my sub expires in April, but after I get burned out of trying to get all classes on both sides to cap I prbly won't come back until next expac.

The cycle is of awesome expac followed by crappy follow by awesome, and this is the crappy one?

Well with that said, and the news about their stock situation (for whatever reason) coming out, the next one should be the best/biggest/flashiest expac ever!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Dick1232 said:

Awesome stuff. Even thou I didn't have time to see what people are about I'll ASSume I see the usual suspects whining about nothing again even thou I'm new to MMORPG. Also pet battle dungeons are more popular to me then I might think. Wish I could speak for everyone else.

Fixed! Welcome to the Forums. :)

KalebGraysonXingbairong

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    I seem to never be able to win pet battles. I'm obviously doing something wrong.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    so, the "war" is reignited with yet another pve event? yep... whatever
    KalebGraysonViper482Thahar

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    My sub runs out in March 2019, uninstalled the game last month. Yikes oof.
    Thupli
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Heretique said:

My sub runs out in March 2019, uninstalled the game last month. Yikes oof.

Wow, that bad?
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Phry said:
    Avanah said:
    True, BFA is a dud, i just hope they don't make a mess of 'Classic'. :/
    What do you think the chances of that happening are?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

I seem to never be able to win pet battles. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

You really have to use a cheat sheet to see which pets counter other pet classes.

https://awaitingthemuse.wordpress.com/pet-battles/pet-battle-cheatsheet/
    d_20
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Dick1232 said:

Awesome stuff. I see the usual suspects whining about nothing again. Also pet battle dungeons are more popular then you might think.

I didn't even knew those was a thing :)
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84

I miss the Blizzard of a decade ago, but I am excited to see what Rob Pardo is currently doing at Bonfire, if they can stay independent, they will become the new Blizzard.

Yeah and original WoW team has no plans to return to Blizzard after Diablo Immortal fiasco.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Not sure but I think I will go wait mw monk main and holy pala alt.

• asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    WoW Players = Addicted Gamers
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I'm quite confident that BfA took the title "Worst WoW Expansion" from WoD. At least WoD had a great leveling experience, and the garrisons were at least "new" content. WoD's downfall was post-launch content - which BfA seems to do equally bad at.

All BfA ever accomplished was adding more of the same in general, but on top of that it had an utterly pointless leveling experience, an absolutely terrible story(s), more RNG nonsense that should have died with Legion legendary armor drops, and to add insult to injury it took a lot of the combat flow that classes attained in Legion and replaced it with... Nothing, besides a feeling of playing a gimped version of your class.

I know it won't happen but frankly they need to do a complete systems and balance revert back to Legion, just minus RNG legendary drops or item level/secondary rolls. But even if they did that, you'd still have an absolutely generic expansion in terms of content. It certainly is an expansion that broke a personal record for me - shortest resub time.
    JeroKaneViper482
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    It hadn't been brought up here yet, so then I will do it:

The only one who can kill WoW is Blizzard themselves and they currently seem to be trying very hard to accomplish this very feat.