Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Florpad Stealth Zone Floor Mat Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFlorpad Stealth Zone Floor Mat Review - MMORPG.com

Hardwood floors take quite a beating from us moving our gaming chairs back and forth over time. What if I told you that you could roll around all that you wanted and still have a beautiful looking floor? The promise of easy to clean floors would keep you coming back as well I am sure. Well, these things and more can be yours, here is our review of the Florpad Stealth Zone.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Soon we will have "gaming" toothbrushes with built in RGB lighting.
    ScotAmathe[Deleted User]SaltyDog79TacticalZombehMensurJeroKane
  • WodgeWodge Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Or just get the amusingly named IKEA Kolon for less than half the price without looking absolutely awful.
    ScotAmathe[Deleted User]
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    My toilet roll dispenser made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs. 
    [Deleted User]cheyane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    The should have sold it as a gaming Safe Space Floor Mat, just don't move from the starter zone. :)
    [Deleted User]rojoArcueidAmathe
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    ionxeel said:
    Soon we will have "gaming" toothbrushes with built in RGB lighting.
    I wish my toothbrush had RGB. It's pretty boring. 
    Amathe
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I would replace my floor before I ever use such a thing... It's already too much that everything have added features that are pointless (RGB for example), now there are useless stuff that will slowly creep their way in the industry...
    What's next? Toilet paper that you can connect straight to your twitch streaming account?
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Why can't we ever have a review that is unbiased and legitimate. Just saying it as it is. It's fuckin useless, it will always be useless. If your chair scratches up your hardwood floor, you bought a cheap ass chair. These ugly abominations deserve nothing but the 7th circle of hell.
    Mensur
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • skakrukskakruk Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Gaming hemorrhoid cushions on the way.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I think a gaming toothbrush with rgb ligjts would get me to brush my teeth more.
    Amathe
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    Scot said:
    The should have sold it as a gaming Safe Space Floor Mat, just don't move from the starter zone. :)
    For people who don't venture past level 6 .... 
    [Deleted User]Scot

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Has anyone tried floor mats over carpet? do they work well?

Get this too. Go go gaming lunchbox!

[Deleted User]CryomatrixReizlaScot

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited December 2018

As long as they have teeth on the bottom side to grip the carpet, and say "Gamer" some place on them with 90's looking graphics and RGB...add the addition of some text that read "Nerd Zone" and it would be worth the money.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

You know, college was a time for experimentation ....

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Static build up. I remember Madrid which is pretty dry a spark fling from my hand to the door knob...painful.
    Chamber of Chains
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I definitely need a floor mat since I just moved my stuff down stairs.   But was thinking more an Amazon purchase for like $20-30 bucks.
    [Deleted User]

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    If i brought this thing home and laid it on the floor under my desk my wife would have a fit & start launching bricks at me like the woman in the fortnite video .

[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    pfff, i wait for the razer variant with chroma integration!
    [Deleted User]

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited December 2018
    I definitely need a floor mat since I just moved my stuff down stairs.   But was thinking more an Amazon purchase for like $20-30 bucks.
    Just go to a business supply store.  They'll have half a dozen different styles and prices.  The one in this article barely has enough room for a chair that is never moved.
    [Deleted User]MadFrenchie
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Torval said:
    thunderC said:
    If i brought this thing home and laid it on the floor under my desk my wife would have a fit & start launching bricks at me like the woman in the fortnite video .

My wife started launching bricks at me just because I read your post. :lol:

If the carpet is short loop like you find in office buildings then they make mats for those. Like Tiller said, they have sharp cleats on the bottom. If the carpet is too thick, like shag with a thick pad, then they tend to crack and wear sooner.
    It's a fricken science to find the correct chair mat, it all depends on the carpet. You have to use a paper clip to measure the thickness of the carpet+pad by pushing the clip all the way to the sub-floor, then find a chair mat that holds up to the indention you chair will make in it due to said thickness of carpet+pad otherwise it cracks over time. There are Polypropylene (softer material) and Polycarbonate (harder material), vinyl, bamboo. Then you have to know if you have high pile, low pile carpet and whether you want a raised lip, low lip mat.

If you are on hardwood or laminate you still need a chair mat, but one with no teeth and preferably a grippy bottom so it won't slide. The bamboo ones are good, but get expensive and will make the chair mat featured above seem like a dollar store item.

rojoArcueid[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    i can get high quality floor mat for about 10 euros
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2018

Amathe said:

You know, college was a time for experimentation ....

in countries where colleges have dorms, i agree. And here in the US carpeted classrooms i went to didn't have chair mats.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Hashbrick said:
    Why can't we ever have a review that is unbiased and legitimate. Just saying it as it is. It's fuckin useless, it will always be useless. If your chair scratches up your hardwood floor, you bought a cheap ass chair. These ugly abominations deserve nothing but the 7th circle of hell.
    Writing up a positive review of pretty much everything encourages more vendors to send hardware in for a review.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Bought a transparent and rectangle 'gaming floor mat' at the Lidl last year for €10. Looks like I missed out on a great deal with the one reviewed here :D
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507

Hashbrick said:

Man I love your nickname!

mmorpg junkie since 1999