Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Check Out 14 Minutes of Outer Worlds Gameplay

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Check Out 14 Minutes of Outer Worlds Gameplay

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Oooh looks great! Love my sci fi games! Fallout/Spacey stuff...hell yeah!
    UtinniNastimusThahar
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    You heard it here first folks! Far Cry: New Vegas is the next big thing!
    ElectricVibes75grg210Oscar1230
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sweet.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Looks really good. Cant wait to be able to try this.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    It literally looks like what Fallout should have been by now. I'm very excited for this game now.
    RexKushmanalkarionlog
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    I can see a lot of Fallout, some Bioshock and tiny bit of Guardians of the Galaxy. Looks pretty good.
    MadFrenchieElectricVibes75SovrathThaharalkarionlog
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Is the weapon always out?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Xarko said:
    I can see a lot of Fallout, some Bioshock and tiny bit of Guardians of the Galaxy. Looks pretty good.
    Splooge!
    CryomatrixXarko

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Fallout: The Outer Worlds!

And it's not Bethesda!

Can't wait!
    [Deleted User]alkarionlog
  • Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    meh
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    First person view? Eww, no. Otherwise I'd play Planetside forever.

Thank you for your time!

• Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54

deniter said:

Fallout: The Outer Worlds!

And it's not Bethesda!

Can't wait!

Would be better if it was. Looks ok at best.
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    great game but animations rather clunky.
    [Deleted User]Solancer
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    1 hand holding marker=fail
    2 world looks dead,lack of soul/content,no animations on fauna=fail
    3 first person view is corner cutting effort.
    4 can't stand cutscene dialogue with closeups of face,it is non immersive,i expect the view to remain as it was and even though it is entering a sub menu/program i don't want it to look like it is.
    ZERO action going on ,i was pretty much falling asleep watching this so yeah another Fallout piece of junk.
    Hariken

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I know graphics arent everything but it looks extremely dated for a game that is going to be released in 2019
    Kitsunami
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited December 2018
    Wizardry said:
    1 hand holding marker=fail
    2 world looks dead,lack of soul/content,no animations on fauna=fail
    3 first person view is corner cutting effort.
    4 can't stand cutscene dialogue with closeups of face,it is non immersive,i expect the view to remain as it was and even though it is entering a sub menu/program i don't want it to look like it is.
    ZERO action going on ,i was pretty much falling asleep watching this so yeah another Fallout piece of junk.
    I kind of agree with this. So getting tired of the whole Fallout-like games. They are getting boring as heck. That's another reason why I'm looking forward to cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out. I want more sifi single player RPG's more than ever. Not Fallout clones.
  • asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Yuck, especially the character stiffly holding a gun out like that. jesus, is there any devs that love what they do anymore or what?
    Hariken
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited December 2018
    "1 hand holding marker=fail"

Um sure, preference I suppose. I prefer less markers but "whatever."

"2 world looks dead,lack of soul/content,no animations on fauna=fail"

You mean like the large lizard on the left that scurries out of the way as you approach at 3:06?

"3 first person view is corner cutting effort."

I'll change my answer here. It does cost less to "not" render a character in 3rd person. But there is a very unique game play experience to having the player look into the world in 1st person. It's not a bad thing but can be a preference.

"4 can't stand cutscene dialogue with closeups of face,it is non immersive,i expect the view to remain as it was and even though it is entering a sub menu/program i don't want it to look like it is."

Really? You expect it? It's fine to not like something but if you expect it then you should play games that play the way you like or just make your own game. God knows you know SO much about game design one would think you could just make a game and Kazaam-Kablooey you will have a hit.

"ZERO action going on ,i was pretty much falling asleep watching this so yeah another Fallout piece of junk."

There seems to be action at 8:57. But you know, perhaps it's 14 minutes closer to the start.

Not every 14 minutes should be action packed otherwise it takes away from the action and relegates everything that happens as a sort of frenetic wallpaper.

Post edited by Sovrath on
    CryomatrixinfomatzdeniterNephethThahar
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Looks great. Interesting humor.
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

OG_Zorvan said:

Xbone exclusive. Good place for it.

Guess you didn't watch the whole thing; it's being released on all three platforms.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    It looks pretty good so far.

I hope they let me switch between 1st and 3rd person before launch, or at least patch it in after launch. I played FO: New Vegas and FO:4 entirely in third person and would have not played them any other way.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    anything is better than Fallout 76. lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    This looks identical to all the survival games.
    I'll describe this game creation in a couple sentences.
    Create art assets,open game engine,create a giant box/map,jot down those art assets,call it a game.
    I am not paying GAME developers to sell me art assets.Yeah those artists are good people,do nice work,deserved to be paid but i'd rather pay them than the developer.

So remove the art assets and what is the game?Well you can click npc's and choose dialogue,yep we seen that a million time before,not a god reason to make a new game.What else,well there is a location marker you can see through walls,how nice of them to ruin immersion and hand hold you to the destination.
    lastly,you can hover the mouse over clickable objects,it lightens up,yep more of the same old,another Fallout and NOT better,just different art assets.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    God damn the way those dudes talk is obnoxious AF. Generic YouTube personality speak. Hate that shit. Game looks great if a little dated. I mean, it looks no better than any of these games like FO4, Skyrim, etc as far as the facial animations and graphics are concerned. I'll buy it when it hits a steam sale for 25-40% off eventually.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Really looking forward to this game. RPG's have always been a favorite of mine. Can tell this comes from the original fallout crew.