Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What If....World of Warcraft Was a Netflix Series? One Fan Has a Great Trailer Concept - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat If....World of Warcraft Was a Netflix Series? One Fan Has a Great Trailer Concept - MMORPG.com

Wouldn't it be something to see your favorite game turned into a full-fledged Netflix series, either animated or live action? YouTuber Str1der has taken that wistful thinking and turned the idea into a trailer for a fictional Netflix series and it's an awesome cobbling together of cinematic footage and in-game cinematics that creates just the right vibe to get you to add it to "My List" and begin the binge! Check it out!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    no
    Dick1232HuntrezzArskaaaEponyxDamor[Deleted User]Rain_DeathravenScotjgDuffay
  • Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    would be better then most series on there.
    GeezerGamerAelious
    Dick1232 said:
    Not hard to do.
    Huntrezz[Deleted User]
  • godsmack1godsmack1 Member UncommonPosts: 23

no

lol he says NO! BETCHA he would watch it every week lol.
    SBFordHuntrezzRoinOctagon7711

Dick1232 said:

yea true idunno game of thrones is ok

no

now a final fantasy 14 series ohhh yea i would watch it!! 4 sure
    edited December 2018
    godsmack1 said:

no

lol he says NO! BETCHA he would watch it every week lol.
    Oh hell yeah! The next SJW, PC, "social engineering" Wokeflix project to be skinned with WoW. OH, I can't wait.
    Aelious
  • HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    No as well

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited December 2018

Oh don't drag that political garbage in here please. You've said "no" so let's assume you aren't interested. Feel free to ignore the thread and move on to other things that bring a ray of sunshine into your life.

Leave this thread to people who actually think it's a great and improbable, yet fun, thing to imagine.

Huntrezz said:
    No as well

Y'all realize this is a fan-made video that's been made for *gasps* F-U-N!?!
    RoinNepheth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    There is already a WoW movie. Available on Netflix. 
    SBFord

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    Yes, but not a 13-episode drama. :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    SBFord said:
    Amathe said:
    Yes, but not a 13-episode drama. :P
    That's true. If they did one during the WotLK era I might enjoy a series. 
    SBFord

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    I would watch it!
    Thupli

mmorpg junkie since 1999

edited December 2018
    N/A
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited December 2018
    A big budget series is better than a movie. WoW deserves a well thought out immersive screen adaptation. It's hard squeezing all that lore into under 2 hrs, but clear as day you miserable/angry fossil MMORPG types don't deserve that.

Maybe 4chan or one of those d@#$head subreddits can come up with their own streaming service for that "real" American fantasy world content.

SBFordOctagon7711
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Well netflix is going to butcher The Witcher, might as well let them butcher Warcraft too. :P
    SBFordOctagon7711[Deleted User]
  • asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52

Dick1232 said:

A 16 year old addicted to wow who found movie editor on his mothers laptop isn't making better content than whats on netflix, nice try though.
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I'd probably check out an episode, just to see if it's any good. On a semi-off-topic...I finally did it. I cancelled my WoW sub. I kinda hoped there would be an exit interview. There wasn't. That kinda sums it up though, just disappointing all around. I kept seeing this post on mmo-champion about if you dislike the expansion, unsub. So I did it. Now I'm going to focus my time on Assasin's Creed Odyseey, The Witcher 3 (never got to this as I was mostly in WoW all the time), and Red Dead Redemption 2.
    Octagon7711
    edited December 2018
    I kinda hoped there would be an exit interview. There wasn't. That kinda sums it up though, just disappointing all around. I kept seeing this post on mmo-champion about if you dislike the expansion, unsub. So I did it. 
    Yeah, they got rid of those sometime in the last year or so and it's a shame. Maybe if they were interested in knowing why people are disappointed in WoW, they'd do something to fix it...though maybe that's just wishful thinking?

As for the video, I thought it was a fun end-of-the-day thing to think about just to put the cares of the world away. Guess not for some of you, but oh well :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If it were a Netflix series it would have a bigger budget and look real good.I actually enjoyed the Warcraft movie,it looked professional.When Wow came out,to me it looked Indie,maybe because i looked at it from just a gamer and not as a Blizzard fanbois,i knew nothing about Blizzard at the time anyhow.
    Know why Warcraft looked good,it was done by somebody else,Legendary and Atlas.

Also if were a series the show would not have to be cut short like the Warcraft movie.You see the movie could not go on for 10 hours to meet the demands of every viewer so of course it would be missing some expected Warcraft stuff/lore.However in a series it CAN go on for many shows and keep the theme going.
    So yeah imo,it would be pretty good,much better than anything else Blizzard has done,aside from the Warcraft movie.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    I would watch it. Well I will stop watching when the Draenei and their spaceships come crashing in. I might confuse them with the Andorians they are going to reskin in Star Trek: Discovery.
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Like the game or not; It has interesting characters and no lack of lore to draw from. Their cinematic generally garner praise and I think, if nothing else, it'd make a pretty decent fantasy series.

Weren't they working on a Diablo series for Netflix? If that's still in the works, and ends up doing well, I can imagine a world where that partnership might extend to other IPs from Blizzard....in a "fun end-of-the-day thing to think about" sense at least. :)
    Octagon7711ThupliSBFord

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    mklinic said:
    Like the game or not; It has interesting characters and no lack of lore to draw from. Their cinematic generally garner praise and I think, if nothing else, it'd make a pretty decent fantasy series.

Weren't they working on a Diablo series for Netflix? If that's still in the works, and ends up doing well, I can imagine a world where that partnership might extend to other IPs from Blizzard....in a "fun end-of-the-day thing to think about" sense at least. :)
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/23/diablo-animated-series-reportedly-in-development-at-netflix

An animated series would be cool, I liked Castlevania.
    Octagon7711Thupli
  • Dick1232Dick1232 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Wizardry said:
    If it were a Netflix series it would have a bigger budget and look real good.I actually enjoyed the Warcraft movie,it looked professional.When Wow came out,to me it looked Indie,maybe because i looked at it from just a gamer and not as a Blizzard fanbois,i knew nothing about Blizzard at the time anyhow.
    Know why Warcraft looked good,it was done by somebody else,Legendary and Atlas.

Also if were a series the show would not have to be cut short like the Warcraft movie.You see the movie could not go on for 10 hours to meet the demands of every viewer so of course it would be missing some expected Warcraft stuff/lore.However in a series it CAN go on for many shows and keep the theme going.
    So yeah imo,it would be pretty good,much better than anything else Blizzard has done,aside from the Warcraft movie.

Please shut up.
    Thanks