Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Florpad Stealth Zone Floor Mat Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 31,334
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFlorpad Stealth Zone Floor Mat Review - MMORPG.com

Hardwood floors take quite a beating from us moving our gaming chairs back and forth over time. What if I told you that you could roll around all that you wanted and still have a beautiful looking floor? The promise of easy to clean floors would keep you coming back as well I am sure. Well, these things and more can be yours, here is our review of the Florpad Stealth Zone.

Read the full story here


¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


«1

Comments

  • ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Soon we will have "gaming" toothbrushes with built in RGB lighting.
    ScotAmatheTorvalSaltyDog79TacticalZombehMensurJeroKane
  • WodgeWodge SwanseaMember UncommonPosts: 30
    Or just get the amusingly named IKEA Kolon for less than half the price without looking absolutely awful.
    ScotAmatheTorval
  • AmatheAmathe Miami, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,393
    My toilet roll dispenser made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs. 
    Torvalcheyane

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • ScotScot UKMember EpicPosts: 10,122
    The should have sold it as a gaming Safe Space Floor Mat, just don't move from the starter zone. :)
    TorvalrojoArcueidAmathe

     25 Agrees

    You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember EpicPosts: 4,805
    ionxeel said:
    Soon we will have "gaming" toothbrushes with built in RGB lighting.
    I wish my toothbrush had RGB. It's pretty boring. 
    Amathe
  • XingbairongXingbairong SofiaMember RarePosts: 802
    I would replace my floor before I ever use such a thing... It's already too much that everything have added features that are pointless (RGB for example), now there are useless stuff that will slowly creep their way in the industry...
    What's next? Toilet paper that you can connect straight to your twitch streaming account?
  • HashbrickHashbrick Green Bay, WIMember RarePosts: 1,535
    Why can't we ever have a review that is unbiased and legitimate. Just saying it as it is. It's fuckin useless, it will always be useless. If your chair scratches up your hardwood floor, you bought a cheap ass chair. These ugly abominations deserve nothing but the 7th circle of hell.
    Mensur
    I'm a simple man spoiled from MMOs of the old age.  Looking for a home but deserted.  My heart and time is not worthy for the MMOs of the new age.
  • skakrukskakruk derbyMember UncommonPosts: 32
    Gaming hemorrhoid cushions on the way.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Cambridge, MAMember RarePosts: 2,165
    I think a gaming toothbrush with rgb ligjts would get me to brush my teeth more.
    Amathe
  • AmatheAmathe Miami, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,393
    Scot said:
    The should have sold it as a gaming Safe Space Floor Mat, just don't move from the starter zone. :)
    For people who don't venture past level 6 .... 
    TorvalScot

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,401
    Wodge said:
    Or just get the amusingly named IKEA Kolon for less than half the price without looking absolutely awful.
    Yeah, not sure why you wouldn't just get a regular office chair floor mat. They're way cheaper and as sturdy if not more so. "Gaming" stuff reminds me of the Buck Rogers TV show from the Seventies, and not in a good way either.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember EpicPosts: 9,610
    Has anyone tried floor mats over carpet? do they work well?




  • AmatheAmathe Miami, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,393
    Get this too. Go go gaming lunchbox!


    parrotpholkCryomatrixReizlaScot

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,239
    edited December 2018


    Has anyone tried floor mats over carpet? do they work well?



    As long as they have teeth on the bottom side to grip the carpet, and say "Gamer" some place on them with 90's looking graphics and RGB...add the addition of some text that read "Nerd Zone" and it would be worth the money.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    Torval


  • AmatheAmathe Miami, FLMember EpicPosts: 4,393
    Has anyone tried floor mats over carpet? do they work well?
    You know, college was a time for experimentation ....

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 5,973
    Static build up. I remember Madrid which is pretty dry a spark fling from my hand to the door knob...painful.
    image
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember LegendaryPosts: 7,777
    I definitely need a floor mat since I just moved my stuff down stairs.   But was thinking more an Amazon purchase for like $20-30 bucks.
    MisterZebub

    image
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli miami flMember EpicPosts: 2,185
    If i brought this thing home and laid it on the floor under my desk my wife would have a fit & start launching bricks at me like the woman in the fortnite video .


    Torval

  • ThaneThane berlinMember RarePosts: 3,150
    pfff, i wait for the razer variant with chroma integration!
    Torval

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • GruntyGrunty TexasMember RarePosts: 8,540
    edited December 2018
    I definitely need a floor mat since I just moved my stuff down stairs.   But was thinking more an Amazon purchase for like $20-30 bucks.
    Just go to a business supply store.  They'll have half a dozen different styles and prices.  The one in this article barely has enough room for a chair that is never moved.
    Post edited by Grunty on
    TorvalMadFrenchie
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,401
    thunderC said:
    If i brought this thing home and laid it on the floor under my desk my wife would have a fit & start launching bricks at me like the woman in the fortnite video .


    My wife started launching bricks at me just because I read your post. :lol:

    Has anyone tried floor mats over carpet? do they work well?
    If the carpet is short loop like you find in office buildings then they make mats for those. Like Tiller said, they have sharp cleats on the bottom. If the carpet is too thick, like shag with a thick pad, then they tend to crack and wear sooner.
    rojoArcueid
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,239
    Torval said:
    thunderC said:
    If i brought this thing home and laid it on the floor under my desk my wife would have a fit & start launching bricks at me like the woman in the fortnite video .


    My wife started launching bricks at me just because I read your post. :lol:

    Has anyone tried floor mats over carpet? do they work well?
    If the carpet is short loop like you find in office buildings then they make mats for those. Like Tiller said, they have sharp cleats on the bottom. If the carpet is too thick, like shag with a thick pad, then they tend to crack and wear sooner.
    It's a fricken science to find the correct chair mat, it all depends on the carpet. You have to use a paper clip to measure the thickness of the carpet+pad by pushing the clip all the way to the sub-floor, then find a chair mat that holds up to the indention you chair will make in it due to said thickness of carpet+pad otherwise it cracks over time. There are Polypropylene (softer material) and Polycarbonate (harder material), vinyl, bamboo. Then you have to know if you have high pile, low pile carpet and whether you want a raised lip, low lip mat.

    If you are on hardwood or laminate you still need a chair mat, but one with no teeth and preferably a grippy bottom so it won't slide. The bamboo ones are good, but get expensive and will make the chair mat featured above seem like a dollar store item.


    rojoArcueidTorval


  • saurus123saurus123 noneMember UncommonPosts: 659
    i can get high quality floor mat for about 10 euros
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember EpicPosts: 9,610
    edited December 2018

    Amathe said:



    Has anyone tried floor mats over carpet? do they work well?


    You know, college was a time for experimentation ....



    in countries where colleges have dorms, i agree. And here in the US carpeted classrooms i went to didn't have chair mats.
    Post edited by rojoArcueid on




  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 20,195
    Hashbrick said:
    Why can't we ever have a review that is unbiased and legitimate. Just saying it as it is. It's fuckin useless, it will always be useless. If your chair scratches up your hardwood floor, you bought a cheap ass chair. These ugly abominations deserve nothing but the 7th circle of hell.
    Writing up a positive review of pretty much everything encourages more vendors to send hardware in for a review.
Sign In or Register to comment.