Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion Reveal - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMonster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion Reveal - MMORPG.com

Monster Hunter World will be receiving its first major expansion in the latter half of 2019. The announcement was made via a new trailer that shows a team of Monster Hunters pursuing a dragon escaping across windswept seas to a new fog-enshrouded island.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited December 2018
    Another game I want to like but just can't get into it. Maybe this will be better.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Viper482 said:
    Another game I want to like but just can't get into it. Maybe this will be better.
    I really enjoyed it on launch day, but fell off insanely quick, like literally 2 days later. I just came back to it like 2 days ago, and I've been having a blast. Giving it another shot with another weapon really made it more fun for me. 

I'm hoping I can get through all the current content before this expansion drops. 
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Picking the right weapon is crucial, its like picking a specific class or a certain fighter in a Beat em Up. It can be like playing a different game and mastering just one weapon takes many, many hours. My first run of MHW was with Switch Axe and didn’t feel quite right. Now, after honing my Longsword skills in MHGU I brought that weapon over to MHW and its glorious.

Try all weapons, pick the one that clicks. Its crucial for your enjoyment.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    ConstantineMerusViper482
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I haven't stopped playing since release. The only thing I don't like is the RNG for things that are important to improve/optimize your gear build. I also wish it was open world.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I haven't stopped playing since release. The only thing I don't like is the RNG for things that are important to improve/optimize your gear build. I also wish it was open world.
    The grind is very, very real yes. As for the open world part, I don’t know if you’ve played previous entries but this is as open world as it gets, the old ones had lots of loading screens in between.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SiysrrilSiysrril Member UncommonPosts: 55
    That Nargacuga can't left alone to roam around freely!! too dangerous!! It needs some good old hunting. Great to see it back!!
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    This is nice but I'm not sure if I'll be interesting in MHW to the point of spending money a year later. Although even couple hundreds thousands copies sold will net Capcom substantial profit considering low expenses on an expansion (compared to a full game).

Thank you for your time!

• marcio1994marcio1994 Member UncommonPosts: 1

REd-Wind said:

Vomits because of the lack of open world pvp.

maybe because it's not a pvp game and never was...
    SovrathSiysrrilAeanderConstantineMerusinfomatz
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

REd-Wind said:

You must be emaciated because Monster Hunter has never been about that.

The funny part is, the system they use for combat could transition well for that, and Capcom is kinda the godfather of layered action/combat PVP.
    ConstantineMerus
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

lahnmir said:

Picking the right weapon is crucial, its like picking a specific class or a certain fighter in a Beat em Up. It can be like playing a different game and mastering just one weapon takes many, many hours. My first run of MHW was with Switch Axe and didn’t feel quite right. Now, after honing my Longsword skills in MHGU I brought that weapon over to MHW and its glorious.

Try all weapons, pick the one that clicks. Its crucial for your enjoyment.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 

Could not agree more. During the demo/beta on PS4 I found the weapon supplied with the test char extremely sluggish. Playing the game now with the polearm/insect weapon makes it a lot more fun.

But as said in the Gerald announcement, I should lay off ESO a bit more and play MHW instead. So willing to progress though this game!
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    REd-Wind said:
    Amazing...