Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anthem Devs Provide Insight to the First Closed Alpha + Demo Coming Soon(ish) - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnthem Devs Provide Insight to the First Closed Alpha + Demo Coming Soon(ish) - MMORPG.com

The BioWare blog has been updated with a brief explanation of what Anthem players can expect who are lucky enough to be invited into the game's first closed alpha that is kicking off on December 8th and December 9th. During testing phases throughout the weekend, players will be helping developers "ensure the key systems and technology that power the game will hold up when we launch" and specifically on "load balancing and scale testing servers and matchmaking".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• chocolate42069chocolate42069 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Im very excited.
    SovrathConstantineMerusceh430
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Releasing a game just 2.5 months after its first alpha sounds like a recipe for disaster. Unless they've actually finished it already and are trying to create a marketing fuss around it.
    SBFordXarkoJeroKaneMrMelGibsonceh430Mensursschruppinfomatz

Thank you for your time!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Im very excited.

Same here.
    chocolate42069ConstantineMerus
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

3dom said:

Releasing a game just 2.5 months after its first alpha sounds like a recipe for disaster. Unless they've actually finished it already and are trying to create a marketing fuss around it.

Going with the latter. I seriously doubt they have not tested the game and were relying on a short play test for the game.
    I wanna agree, but the beta for FO76, it turns out, might've been the actual beta test. :D 
    chocolate42069Xarko[Deleted User]JeroKanePhryinfomatz

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394

3dom said:

Going with the latter. I seriously doubt they have not tested the game and were relying on a short play test for the game.

3dom said:

I wanna agree, but the beta for FO76, it turns out, might've been the actual beta test. :D 

Yeah you'd think these game developers would learn from one another's mistakes - but who knows. Maybe it's like musicians or actors when they get asked if they watch TV or listen to other peoples music and they resoundingly seem to say NAH.

But I guess we'll see the state of things tomorrow - I for one am excited to give the closed alpha a whirl. Destiny 2 couldn't keep my attention for very long, hoping that Anthem has something that keeps me interested.
    MadFrenchiechocolate42069
  • SupaMutantSupaMutant Member UncommonPosts: 136

3dom said:

I think their "Alpha" wasn't really Alpha.

I think nobody cares about what anything actually means anymore...

World of Tanks called MMO...

Free to play means "Oh, you really want this? Pay me!"

Hardcore gaming means playing Tetris on you smart phone while on the bus or subway. (Blizzard agrees!! You have a smart phone right?)

Path of Exiles micro-transaction item shop is now paid mods!! (Referring to Creation Club)

Diablo 2 is now a MMO!! (Thanks Guild Wars)

Soon, Call of Duty will be a MMO!! Why not? It has lots of players!
    [Deleted User]RoinPanserbjorne39
    5|_|©|< /\/\¥ |)!©|< /\/\!|<3|3
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2018
    I was already invited to check in tomorrow, we'll see. The game should be polished nuf, EA/Bioware have their own bad points but the games tend to be polished and optimized on PC.

This is not the side Bioware that created Mass Effect 4 btw.
  • Deadrites87Deadrites87 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    will be trying it this weekend. I have high hopes for this game.
    MargraveMrMelGibson
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013
    edited December 2018

epoq said:

3dom said:

3dom said:

Yeah you'd think these game developers would learn from one another's mistakes - but who knows. Maybe it's like musicians or actors when they get asked if they watch TV or listen to other peoples music and they resoundingly seem to say NAH.

But I guess we'll see the state of things tomorrow - I for one am excited to give the closed alpha a whirl. Destiny 2 couldn't keep my attention for very long, hoping that Anthem has something that keeps me interested.

They do?

All my musician and actor friends are very keen on what others are doing and what good work is out there! I can tell you I always follow other musicians and actors.

MrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The character's face in that picture looks tired.
    rojoArcueidXarkoTacticalZombeh
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Well my alarm is set to 9am EST time.. i know what i'm doing!

Got a lot of testing ahead of me this week..Torchlight Frontiers also and now this
    chocolate42069Talahar
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited December 2018
    Her face looks a bit tired. I hope she's doing well.

I'll just wait and see.

@Albatroes beat me to the comment, but i'm being serious. Maybe i'm the one who needs some sleep.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Anthem is EA so it will suck. prepare for Destiny alll over again.
  • Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173
    My bet is that the first month worth of play will be fantastic, capitalizing on this wave of positivity EA will unleash the accountants and marketeers, and rapidly destroy the game via monetization "accidents" meant to reap the playerbase like a turn of the century wheat farmer with a sickle. Ive never been disappointed or regretful skipping an EA game. Since this is up my alley and exactly what im looking for ill at least wait and watch.
    [Deleted User]
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Waiting for that ole can o' beer to pass from EA to Bethesda.
    After 2018... that's gotta be some flat, stale stuff at this point.
  • Malykai666Malykai666 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    i honestly couldn't be more irritated. if your going to allow pre orders for almost a year before alpha those who bought the game especially the high end editions at almost $200 should automatically qualify for all testing. this is what poor professionalism in the industry looks like, take care of those who pay your salary. As usual E.A shows us all once again what a trash company they are and that they strive for downhill failure.
    hallucigenocide
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

3dom said:

Internal testing probably, which would be to insure that nothing or as little as possible will cause the game to crash, as opposed to testing that focused on game quality.  I'm sure they tested Andromeda internally also.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I had fun today so I don't really give a shit who made it or other peoples opinions.
    ShadowStyleB
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    guess i should have checked my email. got the alpha invite. too late now
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    OG_Zorvan said:
    I got popcorn ready for when this drops like a rock at release.
    I doubt it will be like FO76, but given the state that ME:A was released in, i would hope that they are a bit more 'serious' about the beta testing this time.
    A Bioware game that has little to no storyline other than 'big bads on the other side of the fence' type of game, they aren't exactly known for their stunning gameplay when it comes to third or FP shooters tbh so moving away from storyline driven games, i just hope they know what they are doing  :/
    [Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I see an upcoming GAITED game full of lanes,yes even in the outdoors the maps will be lanes.
    I see a single player game pretending to be a mmo.I see it as a game to be finished in a week then what ,go play Battle Royale on crappy maps?
    I see custscenes that remove YOU the player out of the game,out of the MMO feel and back into a single player game feel.

I see only 3 characters with loadouts.Is that much of an effort or does the game start to look like "ok this is a cool idea for a game", so let's just hurry up and make this?
    I expect the sounds and animations to be pretty good but the metal head look will get boring fast.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    EA just reminding us that we dont "own" our games:

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Albatroes said:
    EA just reminding us that we dont "own" our games:

who cares? if you sign an NDA with the intent of breaking it then you deserve what you get.

jeesh some are so desperate to piss and moan about EA.
    BillMurphyConstantineMerus

I had fun once, it was terrible.