Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : The Outer Worlds Official Announcement Trailer

2»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Well, that looked amazing and fun, especially the fun part. I might even overindulge in some cautious optimism for a change!
    [Deleted User]Tuor7
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    It has a Firefly vibe and a Fallout vibe. It's on my to follow list.
    [Deleted User]LtldoggTuor7
  • donpadrexdonpadrex Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Everything having an homage to Rick or Peter Capaldi in it's game has an big plus from me.
  • KlatideKlatide Member UncommonPosts: 15

jj7009 said:

I don't see the borderlands, but that might just be me.

I'm lucky I'm not the only one. But what I see is Obsidian's sense of humor, that can be close to Borderlands' one, and this is really really great!
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I would say copyright lawsuits from Bethesda and Telltale- Borderlands
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Nice Trailer tbh. Makes me wants more.
    Phry
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    DEXA88 said:
    I would say copyright lawsuits from Bethesda and Telltale- Borderlands
    What for? Borderlands copyrighted humour? Shell shading? Bethesda copyrighted post apocalyptic? I just don't see any reason. I suppose Bethesda and Gearbox could sue for shit and giggles, they'd just offer MORE free marketing.

What Telltale has anything to do with anything? These guys made one original title and spin offs, before the studio had to shut down. Borderlands IP certainly does not belong to them in any shape or form.
    Phryesc-joconnor
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Looks good enough to be pirated.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Looks awesome... but with this, cyberpunk, fallout(s), Rage.. Borderlands soon probably... this kind of thing is starting to get bloated.
    Scorchiengastovski1
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Looks awesome... but with this, cyberpunk, fallout(s), Rage.. Borderlands soon probably... this kind of thing is starting to get bloated.
    yea , i mean looks interesting and its Obsisdian right ... But i had the same exact felling watching the trailer and all those same games were running thru my head .. Been there done this so many times ..

But i will wait to se if they can deliver soemthing a bit different .. we will see
    TheDarkrayne
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    When the trailer runs in 30fps is not a good sign for good optimization.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

Maurgrim said:

When the trailer runs in 30fps is not a good sign for good optimization.

Well, you can clearly see it was made with console port in mind. Those cant go to full 60fps in that engine even if they wanted to.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited December 2018

Rhoklaw said:

Obsidian and CDProjekt Red are two of the last bastions of hope in the gaming industry.

Until they make one mistake, even though they have decent enough track records, and the gamerz get into a freeding frenzy and the hyperbole starts and they are never forgiven until they launch a good game again and all is forgiven.

*insert a roll eyes emoji here" (not aimed at you obviously) I should add, this looks amazing.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looks like a wild west in space.
    Like WildStar... (que ominous music).

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Bonus points for using Iggy Pop in the trailer.
    ConstantineMerus
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Sovrath said:

Rhoklaw said:

Obsidian and CDProjekt Red are two of the last bastions of hope in the gaming industry.

Until they make one mistake, even though they have decent enough track records, and the gamerz get into a freeding frenzy and the hyperbole starts and they are never forgiven until they launch a good game again and all is forgiven.

*insert a roll eyes emoji here" (not aimed at you obviously) I should add, this looks amazing.
    such is life you are ok as long you deliver, fail once you are fucked, you can redeem yourself after but that mistke will be remembered for a long time, want a free pass? choose another world, and species
    Sovrath
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I'm pretty excited to see how this comes out.

As I watched the Gamespot(?) gameplay vid I just kept thinking about what Bethesda said about their engine. How they're comfortable with it, how it lets them create content easily and quickly...

Then this.

Objects in the environment like bottles and other junk were highlighting (ie environment pick-ups), VATS/notVATS combat time-dialation, interesting and sometimes over the top weapons, dialog options that you could project a bit of personality into, companions.

It's a bit of where Bethesda should be taking their games, from a technical standpoint at least.
    But hey... they've got their little Gamebryo security blanket I guess.

And thumbs up for 1st person.

Can you imagine if they made the game modder friendly?
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Wow, that does look awesome. Still may never play it if it's single player only. Waiting for Borderlands 3 I guess.