Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : The Outer Worlds Official Announcement Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : The Outer Worlds Official Announcement Trailer

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    edited December 2018
    This trailer couldn't come at the worst time possible for Bethesda. The Outer Worlds looks like a Fallout/Borderlands mix, and with Bethesda shitting on its players, Fans of the Fallout series will be turning to Obsidian's new game to get their Fallout fix.
    HatefullSolancerinfomatz[Deleted User]gastovski1tweedledumb99TacticalZombeh
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Annwyn said:

This trailer couldn't come at the worst time possible for Bethesda. The Outer Worlds looks like a Fallout/Borderlands mix, and with Bethesda shitting on its players, Fans of the Fallout series will be turning to Obsidian's new game to get their Fallout fix.

How is Bethesda shitting on its players?
    Raquis[Deleted User]CelciusinfomatzPhryRockinw311Xarko[Deleted User]alkarionlogdinognand 3 others.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    People are calling it Fallout in space.
    Ilaya

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I really want this to be a good game...

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    +10 for the timing of this.
    Bakgrindinfomatz[Deleted User]Ilayagastovski1dinognGrunt350TacticalZombeh
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I'll wait for Beyond Good and Evil 2.
    TillerMaurgrim

Let's party like it is 1863!

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    edited December 2018

Annwyn said:

Guess you haven't been reading any gaming news site. First they launched a broken game that was beyond broken. They they stopped doing refunds after already giving them to many people because it looked like everyone was going to ask for a refund. You can't really give a refund to Johnny for reason A then turn around and tell Bob who has reason A also that you will not do it. Start to have problems once you do that, would have been better for them if they didn't do any, but they did and the fallout was bad. Then they didn't ship the items that collector editions were suppose to come with, they did a bait and switch and shipped products that were completely inferior to what people had paid for. They released a press brief saying they were not going to fix that, then later released another one after the media melt down saying they were just going to give $5 worth of in game atoms as a replacement. Even after that which was a way to say we don't owe you now the media still pointed out how messed up that was, so now they are going to actually replace the items but with the catch that you have to go to their site and put in a ticket to get what you actually paid for. Now for the last thing, their support ticket server was basically posting all those people that had put in tickets information for everyone to see. So game key, how you paid for it, ect...was open to the world. Don't think I need to keep going but it has been major cluster that I doubt they will be able to come back from honestly.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    This looks amazing, kinda getting a borderlands vibe from the humor they used, which is a plus in my book. Will definitely keep my eye on this one.
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Obsidian: "Remember those Fallout games that you really liked? We made them". You have to love the way they spell it out ""from the original creators of Fallout" "and the developers of Fallout: New Vegas"
    Octagon7711infomatzPhrygastovski1alkarionlogtweedledumb99Tuor7TacticalZombehSinsai
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I'm pretty sure they saw the disaster of fallout 76 and took advantage of it.

And obsidian also makes GOOD games with amazing stories and good gameplay...when they made fallout new vegas it was and still is amazing.

Phrygastovski1TacticalZombehmmolou

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

Annwyn said:

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    This looks like Borderlands and Fallout had a love child.
    k61977JeffSpicoliTacticalZombeh
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

k61977 said:

Annwyn said:

Guess you haven't been reading any gaming news site. First they launched a broken game that was beyond broken. They they stopped doing refunds after already giving them to many people because it looked like everyone was going to ask for a refund. You can't really give a refund to Johnny for reason A then turn around and tell Bob who has reason A also that you will not do it. Start to have problems once you do that, would have been better for them if they didn't do any, but they did and the fallout was bad. Then they didn't ship the items that collector editions were suppose to come with, they did a bait and switch and shipped products that were completely inferior to what people had paid for. They released a press brief saying they were not going to fix that, then later released another one after the media melt down saying they were just going to give $5 worth of in game atoms as a replacement. Even after that which was a way to say we don't owe you now the media still pointed out how messed up that was, so now they are going to actually replace the items but with the catch that you have to go to their site and put in a ticket to get what you actually paid for. Now for the last thing, their support ticket server was basically posting all those people that had put in tickets information for everyone to see. So game key, how you paid for it, ect...was open to the world. Don't think I need to keep going but it has been major cluster that I doubt they will be able to come back from honestly.

You are a better person than I. I would have just told them google and willful ignorance are things and left it at that.

k61977gastovski1Tuor7TacticalZombeh
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Looks like a wild west in space.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I guess theyre going to keep force feeding the first person only view on players until everyone just accepts it....
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited December 2018

Gruug said:

I'll wait for Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Same, I received a survey from Ubisoft about that game. Took me like 40min to fill out and they were asking all kinds of questions about Online live service stuff and what I would like to see in an open world game. They also asked about actual tv shows and physical real life themepark rides and other merchandise related to that game which was weird. Thinking that game may open up as an MMORPG after the single player campaign who, and knows what else they have planned.
    infomatz
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Fallout + Borderlands + Futurama = Suck it, Bethesda! And you too, Bioware!

Annwyn said:

It would at this point be easier to answer the question, "How is Bethesda NOT shitting on its players?"
    PhryTuor7TacticalZombeh

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I think Bioware abandoned storytelling completely at this point. Bethesda at least is doing a half arsed attempt. Bethesda's problem is that the upcoming titles are multiplayer, which means that the mod community can't salvage them.

In any case, this isn't about either of those companies but an attempt by a third company. The trailer seems really interesting and gives very good vibes overall, but I would still wait until I have an actual product in my hands.
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Looks good...I just wish this was a Firefly RPG!
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited December 2018

rodarin said:

I guess theyre going to keep force feeding the first person only view on players until everyone just accepts it....

I would say that people have accepted it for a long time. Like, for the past 20 years. Also, who says that there won't be a 3rd person camera. I would wager it is very likely to exist.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Sorry but this looks fracking amazing! Good thing I took a wait and see approach on Failout76 lmao
    GameolioDan

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I just had to order some flowers for my eyes as they just orgasmed and as a gentleman its the polite thing to do. And yes I will respect my eyes in the morning.

Well this sure is going to hopefully fill the gaping hole left by Bethesda...……..Ok I got to fit gaping, hole and orgasm in one post, trailer sure did have a huge effect on me, in a positive way "he adds quickly".
    Asm0deusNyghthowlerPanserbjorne39TacticalZombeh

• jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I don't see the borderlands, but that might just be me.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Ok, I'm intrigued....

Now don't disappoint like the rest.
    [Deleted User]

• calibekcalibek Member UncommonPosts: 300
    I am going to have to keep my eye on this game. I like the humor and the brightness/color of the world. Been playing Fallout 4 and Skyrim and the color scheme there seems heavily muted by contrast.