Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flex Picks for Marvel Strike Force’s Brotherhood of Mutants

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFlex Picks for Marvel Strike Force’s Brotherhood of Mutants

While I do have the full Brotherhood available to me at this point, I’ve been running flex picks in a couple of slots more often than not. Let’s go over a couple ideas.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hellbender27Hellbender27 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Weird flex ..but ok...
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Not Neato
    Chamber of Chains
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    why u guys promoting this so much, its an ass game you musta got some money for it to do so cos its certainly not for its game play...... you guys should advocate for the return of marvel heroes omega not promote this trash tier of game!
    Rennd
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    why u guys promoting this so much, its an ass game you musta got some money for it to do so cos its certainly not for its game play...... you guys should advocate for the return of marvel heroes omega not promote this trash tier of game!
    Not the words I would have chosen, but I really do wonder why this one specific mobile cashgrab is being promoted to this degree. It's not like other mobile games get much spotlight here.

Are we just that hungry for a multiplayer superhero game that we'll accept anything?

Aeander said:

Not the words I would have chosen, but I really do wonder why this one specific mobile cashgrab is being promoted to this degree. It's not like other mobile games get much spotlight here.

Are we just that hungry for a multiplayer superhero game that we'll accept anything?

i just have to be brutally honest, i don't like this tier of game getting highlighted as something that we should play and vehmently touted as amazing with added clout just because it has "marvel" in the title...... mobile games are the degeneration of the industry and i think they should be scrubbed clean cos all they do is promote microtrans this in turn has spilled over into triple A titles that they have so many microtrans it makes u wonder!

i love the marvel brand yes but this game infuriates me theres only been few marvel games that have done it right (and this i believe helped towards the closure of marvel heres omega as it has a better ROI for disney), hopefully squeenix reveals some of that avengers game(doubtful about this since its headed up by the tomb raider team and all they know is tomb raider which i despise).
    Hopefully they are planning a reveal of game play footage something at game awards tonight heavily doubt it tho.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Aeander said:

I write about what I play. That's all there is to it. There's no conspiracy here.
    k61977JeffSpicoliPanther2103MrMelGibson

MikeB said:

Aeander said:

I write about what I play. That's all there is to it. There's no conspiracy here.

how can you say its not a conspiracy if you are promoting non mmorpg gameslike Marvel strike force?

might i add MMORPG is defined as massivly multiplayer not squad based tactics rpg

MikeB said:

Aeander said:

how can you say its not a conspiracy if you are promoting non mmorpg gameslike Marvel strike force?

might i add MMORPG is defined as massivly multiplayer not squad based tactics rpg
    If this site only reported on MMORPGs, they would have closed their doors years ago. So little of note happens in the genre these days that there isn't enough to report on. 

Aeander said:

MikeB said:

Aeander said:

If this site only reported on MMORPGs, they would have closed their doors years ago. So little of note happens in the genre these days that there isn't enough to report on. 

i know :p just busting balls, but i do hate mobile games..... im just wondering if the author was given a free pass without hitting a paywall in MSF.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Guys this site does not just do MMORPGs, it has not for years, I welcome a more open look at gaming. But I do question the inclusion of mobile games, I have a hard time actually thinking they are part of gaming.

As for the team supposedly taking bungs, we have been here before; such accusations without evidence are below the belt.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited December 2018

I have a hard time with Marvel now a days since I know Stan Lee's views on certain subjects. Every since X-Men 3, there has yet been a fully fleshed out Movie for me to be anywhere interested in their game. Are these games better then the movie ?

If people actually knew what everyone really thought, I do wonder if anyone who considers themselves a person of principles would watch, read or play anything. :)
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]Panther2103
  • ZoleZole Member UncommonPosts: 8

Aeander said:

mobile games are the degeneration of the industry and i think they should be scrubbed clean cos all they do is promote microtrans this in turn has spilled over into triple A titles that they have so many microtrans it makes u wonder!

I agree with most everything you said, except this. For a true gamer, mobile gaming fills that void when you cannot get to your favorite console or pc. IE during transit, at school, at work, wherever. There are handfuls and handfuls of games that people enjoy that dont have microtransactions, as well their are games that have microtransactions, but you can still complete the gameor get the same items, it just takes more time, sometimes a tremendous amount more. That doesnt matter, because any serious gamer knows that a mobile game is just there to fill your free time when away from your main gaming system, so it doesnt really matter to them if they complete said mobile game or not, they are just killing time doing what they love to do, game.

It is the persons choice whether or not they buy into the microtransaction thing. I mostly play the racing game CSR2, the only time I spend ANY money on it, is if they release a car that you have to buy that I REALLY like, but that is my choice, it doesnt make or break the game for me. Same as if I choose to buy a DLC in my main games, it is extra content.

But although I do not agree with your opinion on mobile games, please do know that I respect it, and your right to it.

Cheers mate.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Aeander said:

As someone who despises mobile gaming this particular one did peak my interest enough and i actually enjoyed it for a few months. Don't underestimate the popularity of this game, I'm not sure where you live or what if any cable provider you have but I see advertisements for this game constantly on television which tells me the game is doing quite well. If you like Marvel and turn based combat with somewhat of character progression then this is actually a decent game.

What i really wish is that this game wasn't a mobile, To have a proper turnbased Marvel game on PC would be something else.
    Scot
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Aeander said:

MikeB said:

Aeander said:

i know :p just busting balls, but i do hate mobile games..... im just wondering if the author was given a free pass without hitting a paywall in MSF.

I wasn't. I just love Marvel stuff and I wrote about Marvel Heroes for years until it shut down. I've spent money on MSF. I'm also not "promoting" anything. I've written critical articles about this game as well. I simply enjoy it despite its massive shortcomings, but I sure as hell don't apologize for any of them. The game has plenty of issues, but there's fun to be had if you're like me and enjoy turn based combat and collecting Marvel characters.
    Scot
    edited December 2018

thunderC said:

Aeander said:

What i really wish is that this game wasn't a mobile, To have a proper turnbased Marvel game on PC would be something else.

Yep. This is what I really want. But since I can't get it, this will have to do for now. I'm hoping we hear about Avengers Project tonight at The Game Awards. I doubt it's anything turn based, but it's been way too long since we've had a AAA Marvel game (other than Spider-Man, of course!) so I'm eager to learn more about it.
    JeffSpicoliScot
    I just want a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. 
    MikeB
    Aeander said:
    You and me both! That's actually why I played Marvel Heroes in the first place.
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    edited December 2018
    With this game, Marvel Future Fight, Marvel Battle Lines, Marvel Puzzle Quest and DC Unchained on my Andriod and iPad my mobile platform is pretty full LOL. I've refrained from re-installing Marvel Contest Of Champions, but since there is no other "Marvel Game fix" anywhere (hey Square Enix, about that!) these will have to do.
    MrMelGibson
    MikeB said:
    Aeander said:
    Oh my fucking God. It's actually happening!
    MrMelGibsonMikeB
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    MikeB said:

Aeander said:

I play as well. The funny thing is this game and Star Wars:Galaxy of Heroes feel more like mmos than the current selection of mmos. I run a good guild in MSF and the amount of socializing and cooperative play with my guild is more than I do in any MMO. We run daily raids and other guild events that always requires a group effort.

When I play PC mmos I rarely interact with other players. In this game you can not get the best heroes and content solo. Is it a game meant to bring in cash? Sure, what game doesn't. But you can honestly play and be competitive without spending a dime. It only takes patience and commitment. 
    MikeB

Aeander said:

MikeB said:

Aeander said:

I know, right? That was definitely a surprise. Not a fan of it being Switch exclusive, though. I'll still play it, I just wish it were on PC.
    MikeB said:

Aeander said:

MikeB said:

Aeander said:

I know, right? That was definitely a surprise. Not a fan of it being Switch exclusive, though. I'll still play it, I just wish it were on PC.
    Maybe that's not such a bad thing. I heard that the PC ports for MUA 1 &2 were laughably inept.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    MikeB said:

Aeander said:

Writing about what you play is easy.  Some sites have reviewers that write about games that they hardly know anything about.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    edited December 2018
    Why on earth would you put money into this game? Everything is so expensive. Are you being gifted currency like of the other writers? Egads!