Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom to Reveal New Conan Game on Saturday, December 8th - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFuncom to Reveal New Conan Game on Saturday, December 8th - MMORPG.com News

On Saturday, December 8th, the Funcom team will be on hand with the Kinda Funny Games Showcase via Twitch to reveal the next game themed around Conan. The streaming event kicks off at 10:00 am Pacific / 1:00 pm Eastern.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Azaron_Nightblade

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    Bring back Arnold as the main avatar for conan! its the only right thing to do.
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]hammercrush1984[Deleted User]UkurvThaharnecrolockFacelessSaviorOctagon7711

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I can't see it as anything other than BR.
    FacelessSavior
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Age of Conan was one of the most underrated MMORPG's in the genre in my opinion, wish we could get a re-do.
    Octagon7711AlomarrojoArcueidBukkerzFacelessSaviorinfomatzrosej90loukos
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'm expecting this will be the Conan RPG, and that the next online Conan game will be announced next year.
    SovrathOctagon7711Asm0deusrojoArcueidThupliJeffSpicoli

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    JeffSpicoliRobsolf

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited December 2018
    Dream Game #1: Living / Breathing Open World MMORPG - Conan version of Star Wars Galaxies

Dream Game #2: Giant MMORPG version of Diablo 2... with a Conan theme.

REALITY check: Phone-an the Barbarian

Trulli
    mcrippinsOctagon7711laseritGorweFacelessSaviorTsiyainfomatzrosej90
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

laserit said:

Dude. I saw this at Software Etc when I was a kid. I wanted it so bad ;/
    Octagon7711laserit
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I'm expecting this will be the Conan RPG, and that the next online Conan game will be announced next year.
    I certainly hope this is the case.
    ConstantineMerusPanther2103Octagon7711Asm0deusThaharGorweScottJeslisinfomatz
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Sovrath said:
    I certainly hope this is the case.
    I hope so too. 
    SovrathOctagon7711Gorwe
  • alaadaralaadar Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I just hope that the combat is fun. I like the first one but I didnt really care for the melee directional component that it had. Maybe do more of a Tera style action combat. Anyway It'll probly be a mobile title anyway.
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Sweet! Love Conan
    GorweAlomarrosej90
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited December 2018
    Viper482 said:
    Age of Conan was one of the most underrated MMORPG's in the genre in my opinion, wish we could get a re-do.
    AoC was a clear case of over promise / under deliver.  The classes were gutted and the post newbie island experience was a let down.  There were other issues but remember that being a couple of the biggies at launch.  And the whole pesky no one could run the game at decent framerate. 

I liked the combat more than anything and the setting was nice as well.  Crafting was meh and end game was very very meh.
    You are the reason the game is underrated, without you it would just be what it is lol. I think it was a much better game than you give it credit for....hence underrated imo.

It did suffer at launch, just like Warhammer Online which also turned out to be a great underrated MMO. This is the problem with the MMO crowd, there are games not called FFXIV that were bad at launch but were fixed not long after. Your loss if you did not go back.
    [Deleted User]FacelessSavior
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I don't have much faith in them anymore...They haven't done a game right since AO.
    Gdemami
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    From one who was given a perma-ban from Funcom for asking a question 3 months after 1st conan. " Beware " same question I asked then I will ask now when will the Bar Room brawling be added ?
    FacelessSaviorGdemami
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • marsmercermarsmercer Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I predict that this will be a Sandbox MMO utilizing all of the assets from Exiles. Insert quest NPCs and perhaps territory control and viola!
    GorweFacelessSavior

• PapaprikaPapaprika Member UncommonPosts: 55
    When fallout 76 fails and you poo your pants because you were hoping that people would be silly enough to keep buying recycled names plastered on poop.
    Alomar
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Hack & Slay !!!
    Diablo replacement :D :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Im thinkin its the single player open world game , they had mentioned a while ago , FCMKF is workin on quite a few projects right now ..
    laserit
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They had me at Conan. Instantly placed on my watch list.

"Conan?" "What is best in life?"
    "Any game on pc or console! Games on mobile suck!!!"
    "Hmmm, well said, Conan!"
    SovrathTsiya

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Scorchien said:
      Im thinkin its the single player open world game , they had mentioned a while ago , FCMKF is workin on quite a few projects right now ..
    omg, I can't even ...

If it is then that makes my weekend.
    ConstantineMerusTacticalZombehinfomatz
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I liked Anarchy Online a lot. I liked Secret World the quests were good and it had a great atmosphere and story, combat was meh.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    I tried to play AOC and wanted to like it but I just didn't like the combat....

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Dauzqul said:

laserit said:

Dude. I saw this at Software Etc when I was a kid. I wanted it so bad ;/
    It was the first video game I ever played where you could visually decapitate your foe. The first thought that came to my head when I first saw this game was Conan ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Battousai28Battousai28 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Based on their Q3 Financials video, This is going to be coming Q2 of 2019, only on PC, and since they are publishing the game for Petroglyph Games, most likely an RTS of some kind. Cheers!
    Gdemami
    Check out all my Gaming Videos by clicking here ---> VaniverseGaming Channel