Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glitch in Bethesda Support System Accidentally Gives Users Access to Other Customer Info - MMORPG.co

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageGlitch in Bethesda Support System Accidentally Gives Users Access to Other Customer Info - MMORPG.com

In the latest in a series of blunders, it appears that a glitch in the Bethesda Support System has led to customer information being leaked to other users. According to Kotaku, users were given access "to parts of Bethesda's support system, including the ability to open and close tickets, as well as check out customer's personal information" which includes credit card information. The issue has since been resolved according to a Bethesda representative.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Phaserlight

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    This is a train wreck that just keeps writing its own news articles.
    [Deleted User]gervaise1JeffSpicoliKyleranAsm0deusOctagon7711rojoArcueidNoxiasAlomarbartoni33and 25 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Didn't someonme in an earlier thread say it couldn't get worse? 
    SBFordThaharKyleranOctagon7711MrMelGibson[Deleted User]infomatz[Deleted User]gastovski1JeroKaneand 3 others.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Sony: We protect our users' privacy.
    Bethesda: Hold my Nuke Cola.
    KyleranrojoArcueidPemminPhryMrMelGibsonConstantineMerusJamesGoblininfomatzgastovski1JeroKaneand 3 others.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    "A glitch"
    Haha,good way of wording BAD coding and bad work by whomever is in charge of their websites and programming.

I get a slight feeling this Bethesda office was riding a high,thinking they were all amazing and into making easy money and got lazy with their operation.There could also be a push from the upper management that maybe put a lot of pressure on the team to get FO76 out quickly and were working over time.
    There is just sooo much that looks wrong here,an unfinished ,unpolished,RUSHED game,bad management,upper Zeni management and investors are going to lay down some serious hurt on a few employees.

The other thing is a glitch doesn't just happen,especially when comes to support and accounts,this has likely been an open book for a long time and just took until now for someone to realize it.
    [Deleted User]JeroKane

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Wizardry said:

"A glitch"
    Haha,good way of wording BAD coding and bad work by whomever is in charge of their websites and programming.

I get a slight feeling this Bethesda office was riding a high,thinking they were all amazing and into making easy money and got lazy with their operation.There could also be a push from the upper management that maybe put a lot of pressure on the team to get FO76 out quickly and were working over time.
    There is just sooo much that looks wrong here,an unfinished ,unpolished,RUSHED game,bad management,upper Zeni management and investors are going to lay down some serious hurt on a few employees.

The other thing is a glitch doesn't just happen,especially when comes to support and accounts,this has likely been an open book for a long time and just took until now for someone to realize it.

It is a good way of wording it, I agree. You know, because glitch means a temporary malfunction. That's exactly what it was.

Oh...

You were being incorrectly sarcastic. Never mind.
    MrMelGibson
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2018
    Octagon7711bartoni33bgzgamerimmoralthangPhryMrMelGibson[Deleted User]infomatz[Deleted User]JeroKaneand 3 others.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2018
    Well, this isn't related to a quality issue with the game client itself, nor is it self-inflicted wounds created by their customer service reps, so I guess there's the silver lining for Bethesda.
    SBFord[Deleted User]

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Holy shit. Bethesda can't even do customer service without bugs. 
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    When it rains it pours
    Phry[Deleted User]infomatzRoinAeandertweedledumb99

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The new Bethesda corporate motto:

"It kind of, sort of works and we're not planning on doing anything about it"
    AeanderOctagon7711Phry[Deleted User]MrMelGibson[Deleted User]infomatzJeroKaneMaheoTacticalZombehand 1 other.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RiannesRiannes Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Love Fallout. Love TES. Has been supporting fo76 financially and socially. But its getting harder everyday to help/defend them.

Glitch King needs to do something now or be slain once and for all.
    Kylerangastovski1
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Holy Canvas Bags....
    MrMelGibson[Deleted User]infomatzJeroKaneRoinPhaserlightrertez

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    welp, they were on track to being one of the better AAA developers in recent history, then they went and F'd it all up.
    Asm0deusJeroKaneIncomparable
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Bethesda is known to be incompetent this doesn't surprize me one bit. My question is: whats going to go wrong next?
    Asm0deusJeroKane

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    SBFord said:
    This is a train wreck that just keeps writing its own news articles.
    I know right, geez what else could go wrong....lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    I think nothing short of a Realm Reborn kind of overhaul can save this game
    RenndPhryinfomatz
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Facepalm x 100
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    A lot of crazy stuff that happens in big companies rarely sees the light of day. But they were under the microscope already. Wonder if this means there will be a big shakeup in management? What a kerfuffle.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    A lot of crazy stuff that happens in big companies rarely sees the light of day. But they were under the microscope already. Wonder if this means there will be a big shakeup in management? What a kerfuffle.
    We need to find more ways to use the word "kerfuffle," because it sounds like an English name for one of those cute pogs or mogs or whatever those things in Final Fantasy that fly around are called, despite the word describing a shit show.

I like it.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibson

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Iselin said:
    The new Bethesda corporate motto:

"It kind of, sort of works and we're not planning on doing anything about it"
    In true Bethseda style they must have decided to open up their system to modders to fix!
    Octagon7711MrMelGibson[Deleted User]gastovski1Robsolf
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    We need to find more ways to use the word "kerfuffle," because it sounds like an English name for one of those cute pogs or mogs or whatever those things in Final Fantasy that fly around are called, despite the word describing a shit show.

I like it.
    How sweet it is...
    Truffle Kerfuffle Ice Cream  Ben  Jerrys
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]MrMelGibsoninfomatz

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Everyone has bad days, and low times in life. It just isn't Bethesda year.

Maybe next year guys, maybe.
    Roin

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Didn't think it could get any worse. Honestly expected Bethesda to recover from this crap show a bit, turns out nope, their history of good rpg's doesn't excuse any of this.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Doubt it. Some poor lower level sap(s) will be sacrificed instead
    MrMelGibsonJeroKane
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    This reminds of the scene in The Hunt For Red October where the guys says to the Russians..
    "You lost another sub?"
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]infomatzPhaserlight