Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying a Third Time!?

2»

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    I really don't see the reason to bother and force yourself to play a game you don't like, there is too many around to waste time on thing you don't like
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I play for mostly the quests and mostly solo.  Templar was the fasting at leveling for me and everything could be done using just one bar, with the second bar dedicated to healing in order to survive when running away if you got in over your head doing the solo stuff, but that's for any class, imo.

I have the most fun with a vampire nightblade.  Tons of stealth which comes in good for solo play and two good drains that heal you at the same time and are easy to spam.  

Now it's mostly Warden, with or without pet.  Good at tanking, healing, and dps, a  great character that can do it all.  Add vamp or wwolf for additional fun, and just doing those quests to follow that storyline is worth it to me, but just Warden is great.  

ZenJellyYashaX

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RadixMalorumRadixMalorum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    You don't have to use staves. I have one character that's a Sorcerer but wears heavy armor and double handed sword. Is it harder? maybe. but that's what I want that character to be.

You don't actually have to have two different kind of weapons either if you don't want, just get, for example, two double handed swords. When you switch, switch to the other one and have the second bar have all different skills. I do that with one character and bar 1 is for single mobs and bar 2 is for fighting multiples (more AoE focused).

Using either of these suggestions is not recommended if you want the 'best' build as a min maxxer, and certainly not for PvP.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I've tried now 4 times, I have hundreds and hundreds of hours in this game.  And I guess Im just stupid thinking every time I go back the combat will be like an elder scrolls game and its not.  The last straw was them removing the ability to knock back and hold an arrow.  Now bows just auto release when you click the mouse button, there pretty much just like guns that shoot arrows.  Apparently they did this because they couldn't figure out how to normalize the damage from them, so they turned bows into guns.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Speaking of only using one bar and no weapon swapping...

I just saw this video recently of someone clearing Veteran Maelstrom Arena, the hardest solo content in the game, doing just that.

Sorry staff haters but he does use a staff :)

It's a longish video but it is recent so he's using the current, post-nerf, sorc bubble shield. There are also a lot of tips about the different vMA stages that anyone wanting to run it with any build would find useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=223&v=TltS1PUapZM

[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I think you can heal without staff... I think.

Sz  :)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    SaunZ said:
    I think you can heal without staff... I think.

Sz  :)
    Yes you can but can you be a PvE healer without one? :)

I mean... every class can heal itself and most even have a self +1 but the only ones that could in a pinch, be a legitimate group healer without a healing staff are Templars and Wardens.

Even then that's pushing it for no reason other than to be special. Just like the special "tanks" with no taunt.

Your group would feel uneasy without the pre-cast HOT that only comes from the resto staff. I've done a lot of 4-man healing with every class and I wouldn't do it without a resto staff.

The other thing it does is that the heavy attacks with it give you back 30% extra magicka. You can go from 0 to full with just 2 heavy attacks, and you'll need that. 

Special, out of left field, builds can be fun but they're solo or PvP builds. When you do that in PvE group content you're just that person that the group will know in 30 seconds can't be trusted and isn't really there to make the group better.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Play Skyrim instead...... IMHO
    SlyLoK

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!