Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playstation Now on the PC

13»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited November 2018
    Wizardry said:
    I take that back,you have to STREAM the games,so at 20 bucks a month,that is an insane price to pay to play a game i would own.
    So it is $240 bucks a year and if you want to play them for years to come like we can already,then that really adds up to a lot of money.
    I guess they make a killing selling these consoles with crappy chips,so i shouldn't have expected them to undermine their console sales by simply allowing us to play on PC with no added costs.

I already pay way too much for my internet to even think about adding another 20 buck cost.
    I thought this was going to be like a legit emulator.

The cherry on top is your Xbox controller won't work with PSNOW Lol! You have to use a PS3 or PS4 controller only.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Wizardry said:
    I guess they make a killing selling these consoles with crappy chips,so i shouldn't have expected them to undermine their console sales by simply allowing us to play on PC with no added costs.

Sony sells PS4 at a loss - $60 per hardware. 
    When did they start doing that? i was under the impression that Sony was making some, if a small amount, of profit on their PS4 sales, that it was actually MS that was selling Xbox's at a loss, at least until they started selling them without kinnect. :/
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Phry said:
    Wizardry said:

When did they start doing that? i was under the impression that Sony was making some, if a small amount, of profit on their PS4 sales, that it was actually MS that was selling Xbox's at a loss, at least until they started selling them without kinnect. :/
    Since forever. But Sony is making huge profit off the Playstation family; games, licences and services. Sony has 34 million PSN plus subscribers alone. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Phry said:
    Wizardry said:

It was estimated that they sold it at a loss when it was launched.

But that's already old info, they've updated the hardware configuration and manufacturing costs have gone down over time. I don't know whether they've reduced also price enough to still sell at loss.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Vrika said:

It was estimated that they sold it at a loss when it was launched.

But that's already old info, they've updated the hardware configuration and manufacturing costs have gone down over time. I don't know whether they've reduced also price enough to still sell at loss.
    My understanding is that both companies adopted a "sell at cost" goal a while back. Hence the $499 cost of a XBox 1 X for example.
  • LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    How is this possible?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    How is this possible?
    Sorry I don't understand the question. Do you mean about PSN?
    Link for PSN
    https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/
    Chamber of Chains
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Female to female adapters?! You have my full attention!

Gut Out!
    SovrathJeffSpicoliMadFrenchiekitaradcheyane

What, me worry?

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Gutlard said:
    Female to female adapters?! You have my full attention!

Gut Out!
    This is so nerdy and yet so funny at the same time lol thanks gut
    MadFrenchiecheyane
    • Aloha Mr Hand !