Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda it gets worse

12346»

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Phry said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Phry said:
    Well, if you honestly thought Bethesda could not possibly get any worse, you'd be wrong, hillariously so. Forget bags, you can lose access to the game permanently for killing other players  :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z736IuDX6Mk
    I think the issue was more than just ganking a player.
    But that deserves another thread altogether.
    Its also blown out of proportion, they were clearly not serious and just messing about as kids etc. often do in games of this sort. If Bethesda overeacts like this, there will be even less reasons for players to play the game, particularly as these are the target demographic for this type of game. :p
    Also the unfortunate society in which we live.  I do not remember the baseball players name but over the summer a guy was suspended for comments he made on twitter when he was 18.  I think the guy is around 23 or 24 now.  Everyone is accountable in this day and age where everything is blown out of proportion.  At some point I firmly believe we will all act like pod people with hive mindset.
    Josh Allen he plays for the Buffallo Bills in the NFL. It was small but very public controversy at the 2018 nfl draft regarding tweets he made as a 16 year old , he tweeted the N word using A at the end not a hard R. There was some other banter that you would expect from your average stupid high school kid, nothing that would indite him as the leader of a supremacist group lol but so is the world we live in ......
    bartoni33
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Teens even younger kids use foul language to look cool this complete ban was overboard.

It didn't help that he put the video up in Youtube and that was what they used as evidence. Actually in the longer version you can see the so-called victims also played their part. This was completely overboard.
    bartoni33PhrySlapshot1188

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    kitarad said:
    Teens even younger kids use foul language to look cool this complete ban was overboard.

It didn't help that he put the video up in Youtube and that was what they used as evidence. Actually in the longer version you can see the so-called victims also played their part. This was completely overboard.
    Its the society we live in today.  Fucked up on all sides.
    Everyone involved in this, from the "offenders" to the "victims" to Bethesda are all wrong here.

Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    kitarad said:

Everyone involved in this, from the "offenders" to the "victims" to Bethesda are all wrong here.

Welcome to the wasteland!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ConstantineMerusPemmin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    On another note I found this, a pretty good $100 Bundle offer.

Question is; what will you actually get?
    Bets are open....
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    kitarad said:

My children never did, at least in front of me.

You never know when "someone's" father will be on the other end and should behave accordingly in public forums.

There's no excuse for boorish behavior, no matter what the age.

Nor being an arse in public.

Scotklash2def

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Migliaccio and Rathod LLP, has announced that they plan to investigate Bethesda's refund policy and the "Power Armor Edition" advertisements to determine if it's worth filing a class-action lawsuit claiming deceptive trade practices. In preparation for a potential class-action lawsuit, the firm is asking dissatisfied players to submit a confidential questionnaire if they attempted to get a refund or received the nylon bag with the "Power Armor Edition."

https://www.businessinsider.com/fallout-76-backlash-could-lead-to-class-action-lawsuit-against-studio-2018-11?IR=T

So now this too may lead to a lawsuit. They really should refund the cost of the canvas bag or refund the whole edition. I really wonder whether their insistence to power through this latest controversy is in their best interest.

Like someone else joked EA is sending them an early Christmas gift.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    kitarad said:

How are the victims wrong?  What did they do wrong?
    Just curious because I see this "all sides" shit a lot around here. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

klash2def said:
    kitarad said:

How are the victims wrong?  What did they do wrong?
    Just curious because I see this "all sides" shit a lot around here. 
    Look up youtube you will find a video done by one of the youtube commentators where he has shown the video leading up to the incident. The commentator is hard to listen to but the video is there and judge it for yourself.
    Slapshot1188

Probably best to return this thread to canvas bag shenanigans so it does not suffer a shutdown like the other one. (Which was inevitible) 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

kitarad said:
    Migliaccio and Rathod LLP, has announced that they plan to investigate Bethesda's refund policy and the "Power Armor Edition" advertisements to determine if it's worth filing a class-action lawsuit claiming deceptive trade practices. In preparation for a potential class-action lawsuit, the firm is asking dissatisfied players to submit a confidential questionnaire if they attempted to get a refund or received the nylon bag with the "Power Armor Edition."

https://www.businessinsider.com/fallout-76-backlash-could-lead-to-class-action-lawsuit-against-studio-2018-11?IR=T

So now this too may lead to a lawsuit. They really should refund the cost of the canvas bag or refund the whole edition. I really wonder whether their insistence to power through this latest controversy is in their best interest.

Yeah, I'm not understanding the "EA" reference / joke, isn't FO76 entirely published by Bethedsa / Zenimax?

Or did I miss a merger somewhere?

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    What's a super user?  :D
    It seems my previous avatar has become dated.  We're no longer "power posters," but "super users."

@ConstantineMerus, I'm going to have to humbly request you update my avatar pursuant to this new revelation. :D
    I gotta admit - this turned out to be much better than I expected. I think I've peaked. 
    Wait- did you create a new one I missed??  Or are you referring to the current (awesome) comic book cover one? :D 
    ConstantineMerus

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    It seems my previous avatar has become dated.  We're no longer "power posters," but "super users."

@ConstantineMerus, I'm going to have to humbly request you update my avatar pursuant to this new revelation. :D
    I gotta admit - this turned out to be much better than I expected. I think I've peaked. 
    Wait- did you create a new one I missed??  Or are you referring to the current (awesome) comic book cover one? :D 
    The current one. It's my Mona Lisa. It made me realize how great a French Superman would be. 
    Kyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Ok I'm sorry the only thing obscene is his response to  fricking bag.  I've never watched him and thanks to this video I will never watch him again.

If all his videos are like this he is part of the problem and in no way helps the consumer or video games.  
    You alright, mate?

mmorpg junkie since 1999

edited December 2018
    Mensur said:
    Ok I'm sorry the only thing obscene is his response to  fricking bag.  I've never watched him and thanks to this video I will never watch him again.

If all his videos are like this he is part of the problem and in no way helps the consumer or video games.  
    You alright, mate?
    Unfortunately he summoned some moderators to this thread who decided it was easier to ban him than everyone else.

Hopefully it was only temporary as I normally had no issue with his posts unless he got worked up a bit too much over something. 
    Mensur

The current one. It's my Mona Lisa. It made me realize how great a French Superman would be. 
    I was actually gonna say that I felt obligated to start paying you if you had created another one.  This comic book one was good stuff, especially considering you did it on a whim for shits and gigs.
    ConstantineMerus

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding the "EA" reference / joke, isn't FO76 entirely published by Bethedsa / Zenimax?

Or did I miss a merger somewhere?
    Probably because EA is no longer a focus as a result of the spectacular fuckup Fallout 76 is.
    MadFrenchie
    Chamber of Chains
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    So for the guys saying it does no good to complain it looks like they are going to replace the bags now.  The bad press is killing them.  There is a catch to it though, you have to go to there site and put in for the replacement.  They are still doing all they can to not give the people what they paid for.   Look at the last line on this page, also they put a tweet out about it.  https://help.bethesda.net/app/incident10?prod=1129&cat=14&subcat=1182

Slapshot1188
    edited December 2018
    k61977 said:
    So for the guys saying it does no good to complain it looks like they are going to replace the bags now.  The bad press is killing them.  There is a catch to it though, you have to go to there site and put in for the replacement.  They are still doing all they can to not give the people what they paid for.   Look at the last line on this page, also they put a tweet out about it.  https://help.bethesda.net/app/incident10?prod=1129&cat=14&subcat=1182

That's gotta be fake news.  We all know that the best way to influence a company is to bend over and offer up Benjamin-scented lube.

If folks had just fucked off about the bags, I'm sure Bethesda would not only have replaced them, but sent along some more goodies for their CE customers since they were so easy-going about it!  Asshole customers, demanding to be treated fairly and equitably, costing the rest of us once again! /sarcasm
    Kyleran

TEKK3N said:
    On another note I found this, a pretty good $100 Bundle offer.

Question is; what will you actually get?
    Bets are open....
    It's the standard version Fallout 76 PC microphone.  Fallout 76 (video game) sold separately. :D 

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

I was actually gonna say that I felt obligated to start paying you if you had created another one.  This comic book one was good stuff, especially considering you did it on a whim for shits and gigs.
    The work was its own reward. ;)
    MadFrenchie
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung