Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark Cinematic Maze Dungeon Hard Mode Fast Run - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageLost Ark Cinematic Maze Dungeon Hard Mode Fast Run - MMORPG.com

YouTuber SandouTV has posted a sweet new video from the ongoing South Korean open beta of Lost Ark. In this one, a group of intrepid adventurers takes on the "cinematic" maze dungeon in hard mode. There's tons of gameplay action, along with a look at ability bars, inventory and much more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Awesome!! Just awesome, this game is also packed with so many other things to do except slaying mobs! The next king of arpg for sure, maybe diablo 4 would manage to return the crown home, but i wouldn't be optimistic about it
    [Deleted User]

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Another asian quality arpg to sit next to poe and wolcen. haha poor bastards
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited December 2018
    I watch a lot of Korean dramas so I could understand some of the words. Looks fantastic cannot wait for this game to come to the West. Noblesse oblige is something they use quite a bit in their dramas I see one of them is even called that. Ajinomoto something we used to use in Malaysia a lot until the MSG scare .

I hope the jumping is not skill based I mean I am horrible at jumping I hope it is automatic and I don't actually have to use the space bar at the right time to jump accurately or face falling down.

I loved the little cut scenes and the dungeon layout looked very good and it's a very pretty dungeon. I didn't appreciate the terminator boss though .They had to kill it three times.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited December 2018
    Seems like everybody is really enjoying this game.  With Project Lineage coming I hope this game can sustain its player base. 
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Looks like a Devillian yawn fest
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Looks like a Devillian yawn fest

I have zero idea what is going on there due to all the ridiculously over the top visual effects.

It's a video of end-game "archdevil" (hardest mode type at the time) dungeon in Devilian. 

Many of the Devilian devs worked on Lost Ark (not at all unusual in Korea as devs simply rotate from one studio to the next as games release - they leave and jump on a new project)

This is why there are so many similiarties.
    Thanks for the explanation.

I realize this is what Asians probably prefer, but for me, personally, this would be much more enjoyable if I could actually see the characters and what is going on during the fight.
    Pretty sure most games allow you to turn most of that stuff off.
  • matsuzinmatsuzin Member UncommonPosts: 9
    *heavy breathing*
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Definitely want to play it and while I'm hopefully that it will take less than 2 years, I'm pretty sure that it will be at least 2-3 years before we hear any news about being brought to the West. The only way we will get it faster is if the game is such a massive success and they are raking so much money that they realize it's worth it to bring it ASAP to West.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Definitely want to play it and while I'm hopefully that it will take less than 2 years, I'm pretty sure that it will be at least 2-3 years before we hear any news about being brought to the West. The only way we will get it faster is if the game is such a massive success and they are raking so much money that they realize it's worth it to bring it ASAP to West.
    They need to bring it ASAP to the west before they miss the window of time where people are interested. Right now the hype is good, there are a lot of people who want to play it. It's actually strange, I have friends who have no interest in this type of game getting hyped over it. I just fear that if they wait too long, it will be extremely out dated, and unable to pick up traction upon launch. 

Everything I see looks great so far. I can't wait to try it. 
    Mikeha
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    This game is great so much content. Shit just yesterday i found out that their is a mini card game like gwent. The rewards for winning are QoL rewards up to permanent stat increases.